• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Get ***** Dant =P XD What does stop there wii getting bricked Dant.?
Not using the leaks?

I'm all for this thread closing for awhile. The trolls are about and they hunger...

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Alright. Let's stop the mention of leaks for now before I have to re-lock this.

JOE!'s ideas for Dedede were epic a page or two back. Any thoughts on that?

.JaSoN.

Smash Rookie
If i may ask What were his ideas Bionic.?
One more question about the leaks.
Have all of them been deleted.?

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I have no control over the links but I'm monitoring this thread like a hawk and removing the leaked links if I see them.

Anyway:
@DDD Specials:

Ill start on hammer throw first and why it's ********:

what happens to his hammer? Does he lik,e have to go pick it up again and lose access to 90% of his moveset since it uses the hammer? What if it gets tossed off-stage?

Moving on, I also want to post this info here to show how slow/fat DDD is in comparison to everyone:

I originally compiled this for MYM seeing as we use a _/10 system for describing our character's attributes, and thought it'd be useful to have a list of the Brawl roster's to compare to.

Each segment details the charatcer's Weight, Size (based on their hieght and width compared to other characters as I cannot see hurtboxes on everyone), Fall Speed, Dash Speed (highlighted characters have the same dash speed, but are otherwise in order) and Air Speed.

DDD here is the 4th heaviest (i belive 3rd in P:M since Snake went on atkins), 3rd largest, Fastest Falling, 3rd Slowest and has the Absolute worst air-speed of the Brawl Roster.

If you read the chart, you'll realize DDD has a major flaw when offstage due to melee's physics, to prevent that we should either make his jumps a tad better, or make him a pain in the *** to effectivley go on the offense against.

I think making him defensive would be the best choice as his stats also means he would be juggled to hell and back by pretty much anything.

To do so, I think making approaching him a pain in the *** should be top priority, as if the foe cant effectivley approach the Penguin, he cant be 0-deathed by them. To do that, I think the minions need looking at first and formost.

I like the idea of having a Tilt Side B be the Dee and Smash be the Electric Doo, but where does that leave the Gordo? Anyways, after sending out his minions (say 2-3 at a time) they will sit there instead of walking around, and if possible immediatley SPAM ther attack at anyone who comes close (if possible), making them almost like little stage-hazards themselves. Then, by using say, Ftilt (as it indicates a direction in front of DDD), they then walk forward, with say inhale directing them back.

This is useful not only from afar, but up close as with Ftilt, you'd be knocking a foe into the incoming minions for them to attack, and D3 to follow up on, and with inhale, you can spit the guy out into them, or re-position yourself and your buddies as they walk along. Crouching could have them stop moving.

Aside from that (oh and make the actual toss faster to make this not take forever to attempt), simple things like possibly adapting the Quake-fsmash from brawl- (tho not as extreme) to help him space forward, and make the grab-hitbox from inhale bigger to annoy foes who actually get in close even more (along with maybe a damage buff or small damage over time while inside his...gut?)

As for down B, not quite sure what to do there, but I think a small cambo of making it charge-n-store ala Donkey punch and making it give a boost like in BBrawl could be nice (or at least somehow make it so he can do it in a wavedash? Idk)

thoughts?
Anyway, continuing on from JOE!'s ideas for D3, for his down b, i have a few ideas.

First of all, make the charge holdable. This seems to have some consensus around the board by most people.

Next, make it so when it's fully charged, his movement when his hammer is out is about the speed he has when he has a bunny hood on. That would seem like a fair trade for having to take continual damage from the charge and can be used as a good punishment option when people are focusing too much on our little stage hazards.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Edit: Same thing happened to me. Bionic is fast.

Chepe

Smash Lord
I gotta say, the Dedede ideas in those two posts are incredibly well-thought out and look good on paper. I don't think the Gordo has to disappear; perhaps both inputs (tilt and smash) of Side B could still have a small chance of releasing one? I forget if Gordos can hit your other minions in vBrawl, because if they do, they will just be counterproductive in setting up the field since JOE!'s idea involves stationary minions. Can the minions be coded to not collide with each other?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
>implying that playing Melee is better than playing an easily hackable Melee which is balanced and has more characters/stages.
P:M is literally an unreleased game in development and there is no way in hell you can call it "balanced"

.JaSoN.

Smash Rookie
>implying that playing Melee is better than playing an easily hackable Melee which is balanced and has more characters/stages.

facepalm.jpg
Waitt.. So is project m thinking about putting mewtwo and roy or nahh they aint gunna do it.?

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
P:M is literally an unreleased game in development and there is no way in hell you can call it "balanced"
I never said that it was balanced in it's current state, I was referring to the finished product.

Waitt.. So is project m thinking about putting mewtwo and roy or nahh they aint gunna do it.?
They will only add them if they can be added seamlessly (like, no glitches or messing with other characters).

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
@.JaSoN.
They're still trying but it is nowhere near the top of the list atm.

Continuing with D3, I believe that D3 shouldn't be able to re pick up his minions with the A button. It limits his options too much if one is too close and i don't think he should have to worry too much about his own stage hazards.

Also, rather than just devouring his minions with his neutral B, I think that he should be able to spit them back out as the star projectile. It's slow, but those stars have decent knockback and being able to use it like that in a 1v1 match would have its uses.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace

facepalm.jpg
I'm sure there will be a large majority of people who still play Melee more than Project M, like me. I mean, I learned to get good at Melee, so naturally, anything that isn't Melee, I won't enjoy as much. This project is nice because it makes Brawl less of a waste of money, and offers some variety when I want to mess around. But for sheer competitiveness I'm still going to play Melee more. IMO you can't compare Melee to this, because... this will never be Melee. Melee is melee.

Also, I'm pretty sure the developers clearly stated that this is NOT Melee; this is a new game altogether.

That being said, Falco's shine stuff still feels a bit wierd when wavedashing or air dodging out of it.

Ulevo

Smash Master
I know this isn't entirely relevant to the topic at hand (if there is a current topic anyhow), but I just wanted to promote my support to Dantarion, Shanus and the other developers of this Project. As of lately you've been putting up with a lot of bull**** from consistent trollers and leakers, and most people wouldn't put up with it. It's clear to see you've started on something great, and you're seeing it though professionally until it's finished (regardless of what other irrelevant posters here might say to contradict that fact). The bad posts you see are nothing but a minority, and we all look forward to when you completely finish the Project.

As for the leaks, I believe the fastest way to stop the leaks would be to close this thread permanently until you guys have a major update, such as a finished website, or the beta release for the Project. This thread is where most of the leaks are being generated from, and even if they are not, this is where it gets most of the publicity. The moment it hits this thread, it'll spread like wildfire, while as people viewing a website for content updates will help to prevent this greatly.

Sorry if this all sounds repetitive, annoying or unnecessary. Just trying to throw in my support. Especially after seeing dev's like Dantarion getting irritated (and rightfully so). It's not right.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Ruhtraeel, I'm sure the timing is better now. When was the last time you used falco:m?
Waveshining on the ground has been improved; it used to be too slow, now it's alright. The window is still a bit narrow though IMO. I'm not sure why, but jumping out of shine seems to have a window as well. In Melee, IIRC you could jump as fast as you wanted out of shine, since it came out in one frame. Right now, if you try to jump to a platform and shine land onto it (shine then airdodge down), you can't do it too fast or else you stay in your shine. Same with on the ground, the window is kinda small; you have to time it quite precisely, or else you will stay in your shine or full jump out of it.

EDIT: It's probably due to the L word.

EDIT2: The Brawl community probably owes Dantarion as much as the Melee community owes HMW.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
BTW I love the work done on the Brawl chars. It used to be fail cause Brawl chars + Melee gravity = half the moves don't come out fast enough to be SHFFL'ed, but a lot of cool stuff has happened. Pit has been converted surprisingly well. Wario is full of LOLs, etc. It makes me happy that I get the feeling that every character handles similarily, until I think/realize that each tiny difference results in unique combo setups, etc. Good ****

EDIT: Dant we all owe a ****load to you. I've already seen some of your contributions to kc Brawl mods or something, and we can't forget that you're doing all this for us. I used to think you sounding half-***** all the time was >:-(, but I realized that is totally justified. Keep going man, the entire community is cheering you on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom