• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Wiki's are never reliable. BTW, second paragraph of your link states exactly what i posted anyway, but w/e.

Back on topic. What characters are currently "fixed" to show to the public? I've seen wolf, fox, falco, falcon, kirby, zelda, peach, boozer, sonic, shiek, wario, toung link, snake, mario, ike and the occasional MK and lucario. Is that all that have been fixed so far or are there some that haven't gotten any facetime yet?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
SmashWiki says that Bowser's side-b is different between PAL and NTSC in Brawl.
Should check NTSC and PAL FitKoopa.pac to confirm this imo.

@ Demon-oni, any character that is in a public video, has had enough work to be shown publically. If you happen to see a character on a stream that isn't on youtube, then lucky you. :)

JOE!

Smash Hero
@DDD Specials:

Ill start on hammer throw first and why it's ********:

what happens to his hammer? Does he lik,e have to go pick it up again and lose access to 90% of his moveset since it uses the hammer? What if it gets tossed off-stage?

Moving on, I also want to post this info here to show how slow/fat DDD is in comparison to everyone:

I originally compiled this for MYM seeing as we use a _/10 system for describing our character's attributes, and thought it'd be useful to have a list of the Brawl roster's to compare to.

Each segment details the charatcer's Weight, Size (based on their hieght and width compared to other characters as I cannot see hurtboxes on everyone), Fall Speed, Dash Speed (highlighted characters have the same dash speed, but are otherwise in order) and Air Speed.

DDD here is the 4th heaviest (i belive 3rd in P:M since Snake went on atkins), 3rd largest, Fastest Falling, 3rd Slowest and has the Absolute worst air-speed of the Brawl Roster.

If you read the chart, you'll realize DDD has a major flaw when offstage due to melee's physics, to prevent that we should either make his jumps a tad better, or make him a pain in the *** to effectivley go on the offense against.

I think making him defensive would be the best choice as his stats also means he would be juggled to hell and back by pretty much anything.

To do so, I think making approaching him a pain in the *** should be top priority, as if the foe cant effectivley approach the Penguin, he cant be 0-deathed by them. To do that, I think the minions need looking at first and formost.

I like the idea of having a Tilt Side B be the Dee and Smash be the Electric Doo, but where does that leave the Gordo? Anyways, after sending out his minions (say 2-3 at a time) they will sit there instead of walking around, and if possible immediatley SPAM ther attack at anyone who comes close (if possible), making them almost like little stage-hazards themselves. Then, by using say, Ftilt (as it indicates a direction in front of DDD), they then walk forward, with say inhale directing them back.

This is useful not only from afar, but up close as with Ftilt, you'd be knocking a foe into the incoming minions for them to attack, and D3 to follow up on, and with inhale, you can spit the guy out into them, or re-position yourself and your buddies as they walk along. Crouching could have them stop moving.

Aside from that (oh and make the actual toss faster to make this not take forever to attempt), simple things like possibly adapting the Quake-fsmash from brawl- (tho not as extreme) to help him space forward, and make the grab-hitbox from inhale bigger to annoy foes who actually get in close even more (along with maybe a damage buff or small damage over time while inside his...gut?)

As for down B, not quite sure what to do there, but I think a small cambo of making it charge-n-store ala Donkey punch and making it give a boost like in BBrawl could be nice (or at least somehow make it so he can do it in a wavedash? Idk)

thoughts?

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
As a Melee Pika main, I'm somewhat disappointed if they changed his Nair animation. It didn't really make sense in 64 for Pikachu to kick with those stubby legs.

Are they bringing back Pichu? If not, I would love to have Pichu's Nair and rolls.

Additionally, a buff to his tail spike and the ability to jump out of the rocketing part of side-B, and the rest straight from Melee (especially a return of The Flip, strongest Usmash in the game) with maybe a few buffs as necessary, and he'd be perfect, gameplay wise.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
OMG, statistics!!!

Anyway, from the sounds of it, that could all work out very well with his character. Can leave some creative leeway for his character also. Good job JOE!.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
yeah its a shame there arnt any pika videos in PM, stupid unreliable 5ive...
I heard rumors about 5ive. I heard he leaked P:M.

About pika uair. Anyone knows when comes out the spike and when comes out the upward throw????? i think is random

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
The hammer throw I brought up would be like the one DDD has in Kirby's Dreamland 2 (vid); it blows up and he magically gets a new one.

Controlling Dees and Doos with ftilt and neutral B seems really odd. Maybe down-B could be replaced with something for controlling them if the old side-B is retained.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
the leaks going around mean nothing.....it just makes me want to play the finished product even more

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
lol. Strong bad was complaining me for send the link for an old project m leak to certain person and then comes out a guy from nowhere posting a more advanced leak XDDD

Someone (5ive xD?), how old is this leak???

JOE!

Smash Hero
The hammer throw I brought up would be like the one DDD has in Kirby's Dreamland 2 (vid); it blows up and he magically gets a new one.

Controlling Dees and Doos with ftilt and neutral B seems really odd. Maybe down-B could be replaced with something for controlling them if the old side-B is retained.
i chose the moves due to the way DDD gestures.

Ftilt has him reach Forward, and also ties into the marchign minions as he knocks foes away from him, and Nspec has him bring things to him, which is the reverse.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Sure you want to trust that link? COuld be a virus for all you know. Anyways, try not to distribute that around. I'll contact Shanus

Edit: Guess it was taken care of already.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
i chose the moves due to the way DDD gestures.

Ftilt has him reach Forward, and also ties into the marchign minions as he knocks foes away from him, and Nspec has him bring things to him, which is the reverse.
You could remove Neutral B and replace it with a move that lets you direct them.

Like, hold down B and pressing Left will make them go left, Right to make them go right.

JOE!

Smash Hero
You could remove Neutral B and replace it with a move that lets you direct them.

Like, hold down B and pressing Left will make them go left, Right to make them go right.
this could also work (although i still feel swallow could be used somehow, and wtf would Kirby do when he copies DDD?)

Maybe he could use his whistle animation from his big gay dance to switch the Waddle's marching direction or such?

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
this could also work (although i still feel swallow could be used somehow, and wtf would Kirby do when he copies DDD?)

Maybe he could use his whistle animation from his big gay dance to switch the Waddle's marching direction or such?
Yeah, I'd like to keep the Swallow, but I can't see any other simple way of controlling them.

When Kirby steals his power, he could control D3's Dees/Doos.

I agree with using the whistle animation somehow.

jalued

Smash Lord

u got to remember that this is in a melee enviroment. There is no way that that control method would be fast enough to keep up. It has to be alot simpler

Cant you just make the waddle dees attack the opponent?

JOE!

Smash Hero
u got to remember that this is in a melee enviroment. There is no way that that control method would be fast enough to keep up. It has to be alot simpler

Cant you just make the waddle dees attack the opponent?
the issue with that is that they then have to be coded to follow the opponent like a Nana, as opposed to just beign able to be told to go left/right and let the DDD player judge where they should be to form a defense/offense...

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
This thread has been temporarily locked by request of the OP and the P:MBR.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Unlocked.

To clarify, we had a leak of P:M that was passed out by someone. We did some IP searches + went through some logs and found the culprit with 100% certainty, and his SVN access is now revoked. The thread will be patrolled.

Please do not pass out links to leaks and, should you have one, please do not open them and delete it immediately as it may contain files/codes that may be malicious to your PC or Wii.

Carry on.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Don't use the leak.

I made an anti leak code that is a chance of overwriting a wii system file with one of Brawls temp files it stores on the NAND.
In the first 10 times you start up the game, it will probably overwrite something that makes your wii unsuable. I have tested this out on my secondary Wii and it does do as I described.

Don't do it. You may want to play now, but when you spread a halfass leak, you are basically slapping the people who you know made this happen. I have probably spent more time than any other person on raw Brawl hacking at this point and it kinda angers me that people cant just wait for this to be out. Honestly, this is my final Brawl project.

We actually had a problem where we had someone almost get their wii ****ed up because they werent communicating with the team when they were getting new updates.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
okay, i tested it with dolphin, so i cant say anything about a wii (Gladly i didnt tryed it with a wii)

Btw, the betrayor is a person who is in the project???

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
I just don't see why people are so impatient. It's the same reason why characters like Roy and Mewtwo weren't in vbrawl in the first place. Sakurai got pressed for time because he said a release date, and he couldn't finish some character designs in time.

Anyway, continuing on from JOE!'s ideas for D3, for his down b, i have a few ideas.

First of all, make the charge holdable. This seems to have some consensus around the board by most people.

Next, make it so when it's fully charged, his movement when his hammer is out is about the speed he has when he has a bunny hood on. That would seem like a fair trade for having to take continual damage from the charge and can be used as a good punishment option when people are focusing too much on our little stage hazards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom