• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sails

Smash Ace
I'm not going to sit here and let Dantarion and company lie to everyone blatantly and make people who are using any copies of P:M worried that they have a potential brick.

Do not listen to him, because he is clearly using his figurehead ability to trick everyone in to thinking the build they are using is detrimental. I could go in to the reasonings behind why he's lying completely, but I was literally getting in to bed when I noticed this ***-hattery.

If you're going to attempt to control damage, you do not lie. Simply asking everyone to please not use it would be a far more honest and reasonable approach to solving your issue that isn't even solvable in the first place. My respect is lost for you Dant, I idolized you and your actions were an extremely bad move.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'd like to get on topic. Let Diddy dribble again, please? That is all.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
How do leaks get leaked? Do untrustworthy people who have a copy of Project: M just leak them when they are told not to?
Subject drop plz. Talking about it doesn't do jack **** anyways, so it's best to just make relevant posts and let Dant and peeps do their stuff.

D3 being a defensive char would be really interesting, since a lot of his moves have good priority etc.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
I dunno if I feel like working on anything anymore.
lol
Please don't (try and) demotivate yourself. **** happens, best to just keep going.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around hex editing. Seems like finding a needle in a haystack

Chars I look forward to seeing what will change: D3, Lucario, Olimar, Ivysaur

Has any work been done to Ivysaur?

kaizo13

Smash Champion
i can understand why u and the rest of the team might feel that way SB but.....it would be really idiotic to stop such an amazing project that still has far more to offer than the current leak.

don't let it get to you guys so much...

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
By the way, people making comments on the leaks that they've played isn't a particularly encouraging thing for people working on something that's still in closed development.

RoanYagyu

Smash Journeyman
think of it this way guys, people want to play your mod so much they try to get the incompleted versions just to try it out as soon as possible, just take your time, do the best you can do to prevent another leak. Don't rush anything though, thatd be dumb

bleyva

Smash Ace
i fail to see how they are lying to their fans. do you have proof that Dant's GCT won't brick your wii?

MasterRaichu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EddieJ86
3DS FC
2337-4950-9512
So what's going on with Project:M?

Alright, I'm curious. Are these guys really going to quit this great project because of a leak? I think I speak for a lot people when I say that I was really looking forward to it, and I hope that they don't scrap their amazing progress over this leak.

The thread's been closed for a few days, just seeing if anyone knows whether they decided to keep moving with it or not.

shanus

Smash Hero
Alright, I'm curious. Are these guys really going to quit this great project because of a leak? I think I speak for a lot people when I say that I was really looking forward to it, and I hope that they don't scrap their amazing progress over this leak.

The thread's been closed for a few days, just seeing if anyone knows whether they decided to keep moving with it or not.
We are still under active development, but have chosen to keep the main thread locked until an announcement we deliver later this month regarding progress.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
If possible, I recommend updating the OP about why the thread is locked. I was under the impression that the project had disbanded. This is really good news for me!

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Ooh, major updates, what could they be?

Also, since the thread is locked and there's no place to socialize/discuss things, I recommend going here: (NOTE: this is not where the major update will be)

For all of you who REALLY want to keep up to date with Project M, you have to be in the place to be: The IRC Chat.

We have two IRC channels.

#pmbr - which is only for the pmbr, and..
#projectm - for you guys.

If you really want to discuss things, go here.

Q:"But Dantarion, I am noob and don't know how to use IRC?"
A: Eat a ****. But first, click this link.

http://widget.mibbit.com/?server=ir...lcome to Project M IRC Chat&noServerNotices=1

GPDP

Smash Ace
Calm down, guys. If the project had disbanded, I'm sure we would've been told. I know the leak must've been majorly demoralizing, but I doubt they thought it was never ever going to happen at least once.

Welp, now to wait for the announcement. Any predictions?

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Since this thread is open, why don't we casually discuss which is better, l-cancelling or aerial lag reduction :p

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Yeah. The trolls got out of control in that thread.

I just hope that Joe's ideas for D3's specials didn't get lost in the trolling and whining.

Manual L-Cancel is better to me, mainly becuase I feel like it gives me more freedom and I'm used to it from playing Melee and 64.

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman
And the hypestorm begins...
If it truly is a release, I suggest uploading everything to several sites. I mean, of course, you guys are definitely smart enough to know that, but holy hell things are gonna go crazy. Just sayin', you may not wanna rely on the BrawlMods site takin' all the traffic.

PeachEater74

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty doubtful of a release date, unless it's some sort of beta without the untouched characters.

My best guess is P:M fixed a huge issue like LD, and that this fix will garner huge hype.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Since the thread is open again, is there any chance someone can point me towards a list of character changes from Brawl to Project M?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I'm not exactly sure if that would be feasible atm considering that the Brawl+ days, the WBR almost always had an outdated change list.

Maybe someone on the other side can elaborate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom