• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikana

Smash Champion
If you're referring to wavelands, wavedashes, and super wavedash as dumb glitches, then yes. They put those back in.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Good news everyone! I was able to remove the lava plumes from norfair! I deleted the STDT and that removed the plumes.

However, the hitboxes for the plumes are randomly appearing and OHKO. Back to the drawing board. :V

JOE!

Smash Hero
im really curious as to whats the plan behind Wild vs Trained pokemon...

hopefull the "team" version fights like a "team" :p

(also, is Zard gettign Stealth Rock like in -? XD)

kaizo13

Smash Champion
the point is that, thanks to aspects of his Brawl counter-part, Ness will be more than viable without the need of any "glitch"

Sterowent

Smash Ace
maybe melee ness was at a low level. still in the suburbs.

as he got stronger, he began learning on the streets, and we know how street-wise ******es are in these games, yeah?

luigi was a boss.

LegendofLink

Smash Apprentice
Wolf looked really nice there, but it seems like his entire game is shine and N-air. Hopefully the player will be forced to use more of a variety of moves when they're not playing against computers.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Well, time to type this again, awful terrible no good very bad firefox crashed as I hit submit before.

Ness should get a compromise of his different forms. Just because Brawl+'s Ness is concidered bess, his smash64 and yes even his terribad Melee incarnation have merits of their own, particularly physics wise, that most Ness mains would likely agree with.

+1 for Melee fair, uair, and throws.

+1 for Smash64 initial dash and d-tilt

+50 for Melee psi sound effects.

In addition, Ness's dash attack in Melee (commonly agreed to be called PKpush, fellow ness's?) functioned very differently from the brawl version. It pushed the opponent forward and to the ground on the first and second hits, then lifted them back up into the air on the final hit (With no hitstun due to the reset caused by hitting them down in the first place), where brawl's just auto links into a vertical hit. I would like a second opinion on this, but I think Ness should have a buffed version of the Melee DA, where the first hit semi spikes, the second hit hits at 20 degrees, and the third hits the opponent up and behind ness. These three hits obviously would provide different benefits or detriments to ness depending on how and where the move is used, but it is definitely one of his Melee moves that are easily identifiable and I believe should be expanded upon.

Next up, is there anyway for Ness to get back his thunder barrier (PKT1 continues moving with no owner when Ness is hit during it)? It should probably be looked into , but I'm not sure how projectile ownership is handled in the engine.

Finally, probably the most heated topic regarding ness: YYG. I am of the opinion that the glitch should not return in full. Specifically, I do not think Jackets should return. Most people would agree that jackets are stupid, for obvious reasons. I do however, like Deadlines and think they could be incorporated into Ness's game. Unlike the ubersafety that a jacket provides once set-up, deadlines actually force Ness to limit his actions in order to effectively use the single hit a deadline provides. Whether they would be incorporated via the original glitch (Highly unlikely) or not, allowing Ness to use them in a technical manner would provide a deeper metagame for him, as well as providing an obvious nod to the infamous maneuver in Melee.

D

Deleted member

Ness is already pretty good in Project M.

He can recover, combo, and edgeguard much better with the DJC option.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
you can speed up the animations for going in/out of the pokeball tho
the loading time is still determined by the disk loading. even using custom textures doesn't speed it up. the most you could do is make it a set loading time like the zelda/shiek transformation. even then, its still not quick enough to change mid combo. I don't see why you would want to use all 3. Ivy sucks, and zard and squirtle are good enough characters by themselves

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Ness is already pretty good in Project M.

He can recover, combo, and edgeguard much better with the DJC option.
This may be, but the opinions of Ness players should still be respected. Other than the Deadlines, all of my suggestions were simple changes to satisfy his Melee fans.

"Good enough" is hardly so when it comes to this sort of thing.

shanus

Smash Hero
its not removed, but it needs to be tuned. Momosugar brought up how abusable it was in another video and we are revisiting its balance

I R MarF

Smash Ace
I think a good way to prevent Wolf's lasers from being abused is to increase the projectile's travel speed, but greatly decrease its range. That way, it would give Wolf players the incentive to use it for comboing/close range defense instead of possible camping habits.

If this was done, Wolf would be a really fun character with his excellent spacing power. Laser to wavedashed fsmash/dsmash or laser to shffled aerial follow ups will be his bread and butter.

Also, if you like my idea of shortening the laser's range/increasing speed, I could see wavelasering (essentially waveshines but with lasers) being a common approach AT. However, is it possible to limit the amount of onscreen blaster shots to one? That way, if wolf fires while one shot is already onscreen it will cancelled out. This would make his wavelasering a fair tactic and not an unstoppable barrage of green lasers.

StriCNYN3

Smash Journeyman
Wolf looked really nice there, but it seems like his entire game is shine and N-air. Hopefully the player will be forced to use more of a variety of moves when they're not playing against computers.
That was just me trying out Wolf for the first time, using the little knowledge I read off this thread. Also, the vid was very choppy, so I couldn't really show you all that Wolf could do =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom