• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Yeah, I brought the UTilt idea up again. It makes more sense (I know, logic shenanigans but they changed Snake's abnormal UTilt) compared to lifting your sword from the ground up. I know the Cloud PSA uses it although it feels broken probably because of too little endlag and too little KB so it's an easy combo tool.

I support the animation (and possible property) change.

EDIT: Yesh, too slow :3
But I wouldn't be surprised that I probably didn't make the best usage of it.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
Oh well, in his Dsmash, he moves the sword too close of his hurtbox(the leg) this way taking a little of his range safety, maybe just moving his leg more close to his body would resolve the problem, no real need for more range indeed.

Making his sweep ragnell just like Link would give the move so much range.

I see it viable as an uptilt, he would not be able to hit character behind him with it though.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
I actually like Ike's uptilt. What is your guys' reasoning behind changing it?
(too slow for meree?)
My reasoning is how utterly homo it looks. Ike's definitely been hangin' with Marth a bit too long. In all seriousness, it is a little slow. I feel as though it should come out a bit faster. Ike's Final Smash 1st initial hit looks like he's uppercutting the opponent, and it comes out fairly fast. I think that would make a great addition to his moveset.

Yeah, I brought the UTilt idea up again. It makes more sense (I know, logic shenanigans but they changed Snake's abnormal UTilt) compared to lifting your sword from the ground up. I know the Cloud PSA uses it although it feels broken probably because of too little endlag and too little KB so it's an easy combo tool.

I support the animation (and possible property) change.

EDIT: Yesh, too slow :3
But I wouldn't be surprised that I probably didn't make the best usage of it.
Cosmetic appeal is a big thing to me in games, and his current Utilt is definitely in need of some changing.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
What do you mean by FreeForm moveset? So you saying Pit should keep his stupid sideB? I mean It really doesn't belong in this game. It doesn't seem melee-ish at all imo.

His UpB is a toss up it could be edited or stay. I think having a major boost upward and then decending or going into a glide would make more sense then Metaknight's UpB going into a glide. I think the fact that Pit's gonna be mostly based around aerial movement in his next game, and the fact that he is a freakin angel should warrant him having somewhat of a great recovery.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I think it warrants him having a great recovery too.

We would like to add Mewtwo. Please realize though that we're still a bit away from a clone engine, and rebuilding Mewtwo's animations will take 100+ man hours.

If you want to help move mewtwo along, start polishing your BBox animating skillz.
That's what I'm doing.

Might as well considering I can't turn on the Wii now.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
I think it should ascend from between 10 degrees to 80 rapidly (At about wolf's upB speed but with less startup), using his glide animation but with blue wings, then if jump is held, enters the glide animation.

The initial boost should be JC'able (not sure which frames, prob later ones) so that it can be used for wavelanding and other tricksies
Very much liking that idea. But like Spam_arrows said, toss up. Are there any vids showing pit?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Shadic could answer you in-depth, but I'll try to recall best from memory what their plans (Shadic and matt) were. I believe the arrows have an overall faster charge period (similar to B+'s) and the arch has a much larger range of angles from Melee's minimum to Brawl's maximum.
Link's arrows were messed with by camelot and I. They're graphically more similar to Melee, they're slightly slower when uncharged, but still go a lot further than Melee's. They're better than Melee's for sure.

Edit: And yes, they charge at the same rate that they did in B+.

D

Deleted member

Fixing Ike's awful counter and down smash sounds good.

Give him Marth's counter then add some cool earth and fire effects.

Sovereign's idea of the down smash is interesting. A multi hit down smash with an input for each attack similar to how MK/Snake ftilt or Link's fsmash works?

If the flight path from his down smash were adjusted to be more horizontal and the dsmash had less start and end lag, I could envision that being a good dsmash.

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
If Project M is based off of Melee, obviously, will this include textures for the characters to look the way they did in Melee? And for the newcomers have their original looks? For example this Snake texture I made:

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Did you really need to inb4 that? Honestly, don't be a minimod and just say it. lol

But yeah, textures will be optional. GW is working on melee vertexes (so sexy).

Anyway, can I have a DL to your texture. :O

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Did you really need to inb4 that? Honestly, don't be a minimod and just say it. lol

But yeah, textures will be optional. GW is working on melee vertexes (so sexy).

Anyway, can I have a DL to your texture. :O
i was minimod'ing? ._. sorry.
inb4'ing is more fun tho...

fine.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
What about stages? I know there's work going into recreating some of the melee stages, but will this be using the brawl+ plus stages like rumble falls+ and such?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Yes.

10yes's.

As for specifics, I don't know. PS2 will be frozen, Luigi's Mansion will have the fallthrough ceilings, RF+ will be in (saw it in numerous matches), and other things that I don't remember.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
HYYEESS!
That's great. I loved every one of those stages.

I ask because I really want to help in the Competitive Stage thread and I was hoping those would be used. I'm new to hacking though so this'll probably be released before I could contribute anything.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
That was a pretty beastly snake. He looked like he actually belonged in Melee's graphics...how did u do that?

anyways this thread could use more pit discussion. :) Ready? Go!

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Pits are really deep and falling in one will count as an SD when at your own fault or a KO for the opponent that last attacked you.

/missingthepoint

Stevo

Smash Champion
Pit's forward-b could "push" enemies in front of him with wind or something.... like Mario Fludd but without water.

and use the gust of wind animation in the adventure mode (whatever its called)

you know... those little dudes use it....

oh and of course remove the annoying sound he makes (that goes without saying)

Im sure there is a "wind" sound somewhere that could be used.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
The borboras things? That get you smashed under a rock because you can't run against the wind?

Oh someone mentioned a dashing type sideB for pit. He could dash forward like normal but create some wind in his wake (using his wings and manly strength) that pushes the other player.

jalued

Smash Lord
his sideB could also be a move that onstage runs and swoops into the air with a hitbox knocking upwards, and offstage, sends him into a shallow dive and then glides upwards, almost like an inverted falcon UpB

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Pit's forward-b could "push" enemies in front of him with wind or something.... like Mario Fludd but without water.

and use the gust of wind animation in the adventure mode (whatever its called)

you know... those little dudes use it....

oh and of course remove the annoying sound he makes (that goes without saying)

Im sure there is a "wind" sound somewhere that could be used.
That would be so ****ing gay! I'd rather see it turned into a move that knocks people over and forces them into a trip:laugh:

In all seriousness what's a good "New" SideB for Pit that fits in with the rest of his moveset?

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
That would be so ****ing gay! I'd rather see it turned into a move that knocks people over and forces them into a trip:laugh:

In all seriousness what's a good "New" SideB for Pit that fits in with the rest of his moveset?
Brawl- Up arrows :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

Well anything to take away his side b sfx.

What is Pit's Up+B like now?

Rikana

Smash Champion
i swear someone suggested something similar charizard's upB for pit before @_@
it should be similar to charizards.
Instead of having a free roaming upB, lets just give Pit an upB where it shoots up or something. Like mentioned, something similar to Charizard's. The moment the wings come out it gives a quick lash and pushes himself vertically (with controllable angles to a certain degree). But then.. he won't have his upB cancel attacks.
/10valpits

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I just want something done to Pit. People play him occasionally but Nobody who really plays him or cares about his development exist in the current PMBR..................................................................................................................................................:urg:

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
I care also, and I play Pit, but am not in the PMBR. I don't see why Pit's momentum stops on his Side B, though, when the whole atmosphere of P:M uses momentum. I think Angel Ring is fine as it is. Yes, his voice can be/is annoying, but it shouldn't be a problem.

I do however think that Pit's Side B should be different in mid-air. His Angel Ring should cover his body, and the move that could be used as a base for this is his Nair. It seems awesome at the thought, but it seems more and more silly to me, when I think of how Pit would transition from his Aerial Side B to Grounded Side B.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
I'm down, but I can't possibly think of anything that'll do Pit justice. Any ideas on what would be better than Angel Ring?

Edit: Juu ninja'd me.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
We have a couple ideas in the backroom. I'll let the people who came up with those ideas decide if they want to disclose them publicly.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
What about an attack with detection properties like raptor boos or quickdraw?

idk, you could make him dash in any direction and attack (Model HX from Megaman ZX came into my mind now). If you do this you can change more his upB as he will still have his glide, upB and that new move to recover.

I would like to see that ideas, that's the best thing I could think now lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom