• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Too early to be talking balance now.

I'm just waiting for the physics to be done.

LOL @ Jessica's Rabbit's old phone number leading into a snuggle hotline now.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
How about ssomehow making holding side+b have an effect on his arrows, or perhaps making the move cover more distance on ground but giving it more cooldown.

Instead of a bunch of weak hits that loop, why not making so that its a few weak hits, then a slightly stronger hit so you can actually hit someone with it without them hitting you back.

You dont need to make new moves to make old moves good.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
I like the model HX idea D:

But Dantarion has a valid point.

How about the ring does 4 small hits and the 5th hits them into the air? Something like that. Or maybe it should hit them up and away or something?

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Yes because jigglypuff isn't fun to play for anyone.
at all.
She is a pretty bland character. The reason I use her in Brawl, but not Melee, is because in Brawl I had to do more with her than just "space back-airs, wait for a chance to use uair/utilt/uthrow/whatever into rest, rinse and repeat". I don't see how anyone could find that fun.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
Have him do the regular sideB as if you hadn't charged it at all, then apply Dantarion's idea. It's short, sweet and to the point.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
sure, he has a point

But that would be the third multi-hit spinning bow move for pit (not counting his continuum jab). Anyway, I always thought that the move would be better like that but still.

There are better moves for that purpose, this way the move would never be used unless something different/better would happen after comparing with Nair/Uair.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I agree with angel ring having a certain amount of hits and the last hit having good knockback.

She is a pretty bland character. The reason I use her in Brawl, but not Melee, is because in Brawl I had to do more with her than just "space back-airs, wait for a chance to use uair/utilt/uthrow/whatever into rest, rinse and repeat". I don't see how anyone could find that fun.
and in brawl it's just "space back airs and bait grabs, then wait for a chance to use fair/dash attack/gimp them"

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I agree with angel ring having a certain amount of hits and the last hit having good knockback.

and in brawl it's just "space back airs and bait grabs, then wait for a chance to use fair/dash attack/gimp them"
...riiiiiiiiiiiiight...
Go win a match against a competent player using that strategy and I may be inclined to agree with you.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
i don't, think about it....that's just a grounded Nair. We can come up with something more creative than that.

i do agree with Dantarion that there's no need to create new moves just to make it good, but i think Pit's side-b should go (unless someone completely changes how it works)

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
...riiiiiiiiiiiiight...
Go win a match against a competent player using that strategy and I may be inclined to agree with you.
depending on your definition of competent, i probably already have.

i don't, think about it....that's just a grounded Nair. We can come up with something more creative than that.

i do agree with Dantarion that there's no need to create new moves just to make it good, but i think Pit's side-b should go (unless someone completely changes how it works)
well if he keeps his forward momentum boost it wouldn't just be nair. :/ and it could keep it's reflector property too.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
How about making angel ring cancel into his bow? Give angel ring a set animation time but make it so you can cancel into his bow at any point during that time frame.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Canceling into ---- = all powerful buff.

next let's make MK able to cancel tornado into the knee.

But ya cancelling might be an appropriate buff for halo. Its main issue is the end lag and you always get hit when you use it. (at least.. i think that's the issue @_@ i don't use it so i wouldn't know.)

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
Canceling into ---- = all powerful buff.

next let's make MK able to cancel tornado into the knee.
Ah good point. I think it'd be a viable idea (assuming it isn't too good) but aside from the extra knockback on the last hit, I'm dry on ideas. This is a difficult move to get creative with.

G

genkaku

Puff has this stigma because she wins. So did every other top tier.
And the BR already specifically said that jiggs will be largely untouched. As will everyone else that has all the resources they need.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
no wind. i explained several months back that for some reason when i imported the models into the GGs pac they refused to use any animation besides his neutral one. still have no idea why he won't do it, but there won't be any wind in the final release.
Dang. Oh well. The stage still looks pretty sweet. I'll use it alongside the Metal Mario stage from the N64.

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
Hello i hear you are working with my GHZ+ here in project M, i should tell you, i'm working in a GHZ+ 2.0 with better collision and a better layout, if you are intereced, please tellme.

Rikana

Smash Champion
What's GHZ+?

Edit: nvm figured it out. Green Hill Zone for those that haven't figured it out.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Short answer: no news

Long answer: nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwws

stingers

Smash Obsessed
ivysaur - grab pummel heals ivysaur
squirtle - cancel and attack out of side b
charizard - nothing at all

seems like they're melee viable already tbqh

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm sure this has been asked seventy billion times before, but if I want to become a play-tester, where do I send my application? It makes no mention of it in the OP/Second post.
it actually does................

Rikana

Smash Champion
Regarding Charizard, I love what you did with his starting animation, Shadic. It looks epic. And Charizard has an amazingggggg nAir now. I love it.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
BombSoldier videos are refreshing, I would like to hear his thoughts on the development of the project. Also, that Kid Icarus game looks amazing, why didn't i hear about it sooner :confused:. Also, hyped about Marth's changes (NeutraB and SideB) and can't wait to see them in action. Hoping for a stream this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom