• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
You crazy.

Link mains find that to be blasphemy. Ask one of them. They'll tell you. <_<

inb4thatwassarcasm

i know stfu e.e

V-K

Smash Ace
No seriously I don´t see how it makes the spin worse, it´s not like you have to charge it every time. But in the case I shield break my opponent, I rather want to charge my cool spin than the Fsmash (even though you never shield break anyone in Smash but anyways).

Yoshara

Smash Lord
How useful is wavelasering with Wolf? 'cause from what I have seen, it has to potential to be very sexy.

EDIT: Seeing Yoshi's Island Melee on the stream made me smile.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
So... Are bots still going to be Brawl AI? Would be pretty pointless if they tried to airdodge every single one of your aerial attacks only to be punished.

Oh and also, I vote Diddy or Squirtle for fastfaller.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
No seriously I don´t see how it makes the spin worse, it´s not like you have to charge it every time. But in the case I shield break my opponent, I rather want to charge my cool spin than the Fsmash (even though you never shield break anyone in Smash but anyways).
It makes it come out slower and it warrents the INITIAL spin (AKA the one you're going to be hitting with unless you're facing a 2 year old) to be much much weaker as opposed to a non-chargeable spin.

Shield breaks are also stupid uncommon. The spin's charge is just.. bad.

I think even a fully charged spin is less powerful than melee's bcuz semi-spike. Of course i may be wrong <_< i don't use the spin.. ever.. bcuz when i land it and the opponent flies 2 inches away.. i die a little inside -_-

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yoshi's Island Melee is the one with pipes. Hopefully you're talking about Yoshi's Story.
So... Are bots still going to be Brawl AI? Would be pretty pointless if they tried to airdodge every single one of your aerial attacks only to be punished.
I think the AI is the least of our concerns, however if we can improve them in the future, we will.

Gea

Smash Master
This might seem really trite, but could you fix the tags so that the oldest tags appear at the top instead of the bottom?

jalued

Smash Lord
Regarding stamina for PT, which i know has been removed so far:

Wouldn't removing the stamina countdown and instead giving a 10% stamina penalty everytime they swap between pokemon work more effectivly

Deaths would NOT force swap

this may not be able to code, but if it is, then i think it would be a good way to balance PT's ability to counterpick someone ingame

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
imo all the separated pokemon should get a completely new down b. would probably be too much work though.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Debating time.
Pokemon Trainer should still have stamina.

EDIT: Uber ninja'd.

My suggestion:
Pokemon do NOT switch on death.
Stamina is only drained when attacks are used, not on a timer.
Down-B should be buffed to make it less punishable.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
they cant do that without removing PT as a character, as they are all linked together by their downB's
oh, that sucks. :( nevermind then.

low stamina actually helps squirtle in brawl. maybe you could just change it in a way that it helps ivysaur/charizard as well?

Revven

FrankerZ
Stamina is only drained when attacks are used, not on a timer.
Unless you know of a way to make it so the game identifies the indy pokes as different characters completely and not the same ones PT uses then this will not happen. And it likely won't happen either because Stamina has been widely hated by everyone, I'm not even sure why you'd want it back even in that form.

GrimTuesday said:
Down-B should be buffed to make it less punishable.
Unless you, again, know of some magical way to do this (because newsflash, this deals with loading times too) then this can't happen either. Even if it was just the time after they switch out where they've already come out of the ball, it's already pretty safe if you do it when you know you can...

Awhile ago, I had asked someone to try and fix PT's switch out times the same way Zelda/Sheik were and according to him, their loading times were fine. Not inconsistent like Zelda/Sheik was.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
How useful is wavelasering with Wolf? 'cause from what I have seen, it has to potential to be very sexy.

Wavelaserssssss <3

The potential for the sexy stems from when he hits with the melee portion of his neutral b imo.

This might seem really trite, but could you fix the tags so that the oldest tags appear at the top instead of the bottom?
oh god this sakdjf;klasdjs;ldfs

i have a gRAPE name and I support this

Revven

FrankerZ
how about having some super armor or something on cool down?
Explain to me what the root of the problem is with PT's switching. You can already switch perfectly fine when you knock the opponent offstage, you can already switch perfectly fine when you Star KO someone or KO someone in general, and... that's about it. The startup, let's not forget, is also already invincible. So, why does the switching need to be better? It's already good enough looking at what I said above, it's on the same level as Zelda/Sheik is currently even if Zelda/Sheik can change in the air.

The only thing I'm seeing why you'd want to make it better is just for the sake of buffing PT when already, each individual Pokemon is buffed in their own ways.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
The startup is invincible? i didn't know this...
is it invincible in regular brawl too?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well shows how much i know. :roll:

Is he still going to be able to do the lagless transform on moving platforms?

Krautrock

Smash Apprentice
I'd rather see pokemon trainer removed altogether and the three pokemon balanced as independent characters. Screw being penalized for the option to change in-game - if I want to change characters I'll do so for game 2/3.

But I'm probably in the minority here so whatevz.

AeonClock

Smash Apprentice
I'd rather see pokemon trainer removed altogether and the three pokemon balanced as independent characters. Screw being penalized for the option to change in-game - if I want to change characters I'll do so for game 2/3.

But I'm probably in the minority here so whatevz.
I agree. I've never seen the point of having them all together.

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
I've never seen the point of having them all together.
because it's a pokemon trainer and it just kind of makes sense to have the ability to switch pokemon? otherwise, you'd just have another pokemon on the roster like Pikachu or Jigglypuff. Either way, I don't mind if they end up being seperated.

D

Deleted member

I agree. I've never seen the point of having them all together.
You have the chance to counterpick your opponent with the best match up of all 3 pokemon.

On the bad side, you're forced to switch your CP every time you die into a potentially worse match up.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Just finished playing Project M with Magus.
I can't wait for Diddy to be worked on. He has a lot of potential but needs some work.
Bowser's down B is too good. Seriously.

OverLade

Smash Hero
I have a lot of great replays from playing with Uuaa, Dark sonic, and a few other great melee players from FL. I'd say expect vids...but I forgot my wii at the tourney :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom