• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Dantarion did not solve the landing detection. He found how to modify the detection from going underneath to on top of a plat, like on battlefield.
I said he got near it, not fixed it, but I suppose that's more specific.

Also, a good idea? From the public discussion thread?

Mind=Blown

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
YOU GUYS SHOULD GIVE SONIC A FLAMING SWORD SO HE HAS PRIORITY! Oh and he should be able to glide like Knuckles. And a new SideB were he stands still and if he get's hits Rings go out flying and do a little bit of damage like a counter/projectile!

And a shuttle loop.

(I'm sorry)

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
We would like to add Mewtwo. Please realize though that we're still a bit away from a clone engine, and rebuilding Mewtwo's animations will take 100+ man hours.

If you want to help move mewtwo along, start polishing your BBox animating skillz.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
We would like to add Mewtwo. Please realize though that we're still a bit away from a clone engine, and rebuilding Mewtwo's animations will take 100+ man hours.

If you want to help move mewtwo along, start polishing your BBox animating skillz.
any suggestions on good tutorials?

G

genkaku

If it comes down to it, would you postpone the beta for the inclusion of Mewtwo?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
it would be nice. :c
i have wanted to learn brawlbox/PSA but it looks intimidating and i don't know where to start.
and i'm lost without tutorials, it's how i learned photoshop.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
you're not getting 64 tree. if you have a problem with it, blow me and do it yourself.
I'll blow you if Whispy will be blowing me if I play this stage over Green Greens.

In videos, I noticed that Whispy was stationary. Is this intentional or is it the effect of playing on any stage not named Green Greens? Because I like the stage and I think you've done a nice job on it.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
We already have a light presses code, it just doesn't generate a light shield. We have the input, just no light shield.

As for #2, that's actually an interesting idea, we'll consider it.
Sweet. Hope you guys manage to get it in.

As for #2, I'll **** bricks if you guys actually decide to put it in. Renegade was always crying about how Ike's Dsmash is terribly gay, and so I figured if Ike could do only half of it for inputting the smash, and then pressing A for the other half, it would solve quite a few problems. One being, you guys wouldn't have to reduce recovery lag/cooldown, and two you wouldn't have to increase knockback or damage. Simply cut it in half.

See people? We'll listen to good ideas. It's just that too much said is dumb.
I've got a bunch of ideas, that sprout from me being able to actually play the game. I'm no pro at Melee, but hands-on is my style. Watching doesn't do marvelous projects like this, justice, for me.

My one complaint so far is Pit's arrows. They're extremely flexible, but controlling them is simply harder. May I ask, what's the intent behind this, and wouldn't it be better to make the arrows curve at a much smoother rate, rather than cut sharp angles like they do? It looks a little Brawl Minus-y to me.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
I'll blow you if Whispy will be blowing me if I play this stage over Green Greens.

In videos, I noticed that Whispy was stationary. Is this intentional or is it the effect of playing on any stage not named Green Greens? Because I like the stage and I think you've done a nice job on it.
no wind. i explained several months back that for some reason when i imported the models into the GGs pac they refused to use any animation besides his neutral one. still have no idea why he won't do it, but there won't be any wind in the final release.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
See people? We'll listen to good ideas. It's just that too much said is dumb.
9 Months is a long time. People have had babies in the time I've been posting here:chuckle: I would like to offer new ideas but im just fresh out. Some of My ideas were actually taken into consideration and used. Which was pretty cool seeing that. :) Sadly anything I offer now is just gonna be crap.

My one complaint so far is Pit's arrows. They're extremely flexible, but controlling them is simply harder. May I ask, what's the intent behind this, and wouldn't it be better to make the arrows curve at a much smoother rate, rather than cut sharp angles like they do? It looks a little Brawl Minus-y to me.

I agree 100%

jalued

Smash Lord
let me just say, from the video's just uploaded of ike, you guys have done an incredible job meleefying him with his sideB. Really looking forward to your other changes to characters such as DDD and olimar, cause you obviously really know what you are doing. Just hope that someday i can be lucky enough to try them out myself

any update on landing detection?

oh and i hope the brawl DI is fixed soon, sheik's fair is rubbish because of it :p

OverLade

Smash Hero
Concerning Ike's Dsmash. Would anyone consider making it better by making it similar to Link's Fsmash, where it's two parts, and you press 'A' again to get the second hit? I know character specific balancing isn't particularly the primary focus, since you guys were talking about bringing back the feel. So far, you guys are doing a great job.
It hasn't been said enough, this is an amazing idea. Are there any other attacks this might work for? Not to over use it but I feel like it's a mechanic that might work for other moves.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Speaking of Ike, wasn't there discussion of changing his UTilt? I remember there being a suggestion to swap out his current UTilt animation with his FSStart animation (which is essentially what the Cloud PSA did) although that sounds a tad broken unless slowed down.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
HYESZ!

Seriously, I wish I knew what went through the devs' head when they decided the spin attacks charged.

Well, i thought too much into this but..
it's kinda ironic.

Brawl link is based off of TP
Melee link is based off of OoT

in OoT link can charge his spin
but in the wii version of TP he can't..

yet..

SAKURAI LOGIICCCC <33

but ya giving the spin a charge was the worst idea in the history of ever.
next to the submarine made out of bread.
/realinvention

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
It hasn't been said enough, this is an amazing idea. Are there any other attacks this might work for? Not to over use it but I feel like it's a mechanic that might work for other moves.
Seems like it might most obviously work for the "swordsmen" downsmashes. I think the tornados (Luigi's/Mario's) worked sort of similarly... but that's more mashing than timed button presses.

Hm... I don't know otherwise. The idea's amazing, since it's screaming "combo starter" or something that continues an existing string. Sov2gud.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra

Yeah, I did that. :V Speed of arrows is B- and controlability is exactly half way between vBrawl and Brawl-. :p No one really seems to play pit in the pmbr, so I haven't really gotten any feedback on it. :/

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
in brawl you can turn many special moves around in their starting frames and your momentum gets transferred to the new direction if you're aerial. you cant do that in melee.
I won't argue their. I simply ment the act of Pivot Lasers was in Melee. However you kept going backwards. I guess I could've mentioned that but I didn't think anyone would bring it up again.

Yeah, I did that. :V Speed of arrows is B- and controlability is exactly half way between vBrawl and Brawl-. :p No one really seems to play pit in the pmbr, so I haven't really gotten any feedback on it. :/
Dude....Look at my Name. Clearly I would ONLY play Pit if I got a test copy. I played him 80% of the time when I tested out PM at Apex. It seems like Gods Will that I test out his Arrows....I mean c'mon....:urg:

Revven

FrankerZ
As I have said numerous times before, we want to get rid of the tripping part of moves (except Diddy's bananas). Reason we haven't? Haven't figured out how to get rid of that aspect. It occurs when moves hit someone while they are still grounded, so even if they are at tumble % they can still trip or have that chance to trip. You can, however, tech tripping so it sort of negates it but then creates an unintentional techchase.

Point being, we want it gone but we can't atm.

Can someone add that as a FAQ? Please? I'm tired of answering it.

Stevo

Smash Champion
they said things like that that they made better in brawl will probably not get reverted to melee.
That being said, they may decide to balance them in the distant future. So you can't say they will be exactly like brawl either.

However, rest assured they will not be like melee.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
they said things like that that they made better in brawl will probably not get reverted to melee.
That being said, they may decide to balance them in the distant future. So you can't say they will be exactly like brawl either.

However, rest assured they will not be like melee.
I could literally do a happydance about that. Also sonic is looking amazing. Every video I've watched where he's used just makes me more excited to play this.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Shadic could answer you in-depth, but I'll try to recall best from memory what their plans (Shadic and matt) were. I believe the arrows have an overall faster charge period (similar to B+'s) and the arch has a much larger range of angles from Melee's minimum to Brawl's maximum.

Hope I got most of that right, but I'd take that with a bit of salt and wait until Shadic comes around.

EDIT: Like Stevo said, P:M won't revert to weaker iterations for the most part (or pretty much ever).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom