• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Brawl just wasn't fun for me. I wasn't into competitive melee (no ATs at least) when brawl came out and I didn't like it then. The physics just ruined the fun for me :/

I guess if they add Golden Sun chars, megaman and more females I'd get it.

And are there any recent Ness matches on YTube/recorded streams?

:phone:

Ecks

Smash Lord
Oh, I see. Hopefully these new testers will play the likes of him, zamus ,wolf, procario, etc. Looking forward to that.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Maybe Sakurai will try to make it appeal equally to competitive/casuals.
so like Melee? lol
the only reason casuals won't play PM as much as Brawl is because it isn't official, come on now. all smash has to do is exist for casuals to be appealed to, it doesn't matter how competitively deep it is.

also apparently Reggie said that there was going to be a C&D against Project M but then they were like "conflicted.png" and decided to use our ideas in the new smash?!
RUMORS GO ACTIVATE

Chepe

Smash Lord
Have no fear P:M team, according to translators and this:

http://www.project-sora.co.jp/employment/index.html

Production on Smash 4 is scheduled to begin in October 2011, with a 2-3 year development cycle. That means the absolute earliest it will be released is Holiday 2013. Plenty of time.

I'm feeling pretty happy at the moment knowing we have Project M to look forward to. It really feels like another Smash game to be released between Brawl and 4. I want to say thanks again for all your hard work and I really can't wait for the patch, let alone the finished product! You guys rock! :)

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Brawl just wasn't fun for me. I wasn't into competitive melee (no ATs at least) when brawl came out and I didn't like it then. The physics just ruined the fun for me :/

I guess if they add Golden Sun chars, megaman and more females I'd get it.

And are there any recent Ness matches on YTube/recorded streams?

I was a late arrival to Melee.
i did get moderately better as before Brawl was released though.

I wonder if Ninty will use ideas from the Smash Workshop for the next game.........

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
so like Melee? lol
the only reason casuals won't play PM as much as Brawl is because it isn't official, come on now. all smash has to do is exist for casuals to be appealed to, it doesn't matter how competitively deep it is.

also apparently Reggie said that there was going to be a C&D against Project M but then they were like "conflicted.png" and decided to use our ideas in the new smash?!
RUMORS GO ACTIVATE
Do you have a link for that, or is this just hype?

Starscream

Smash Ace
This is not a suprise coming from Nintendo. Even if they release melee 2.0(Which P:M is gonna blow out of the water) We are stuck with those dumb tablets....Does using the classic controller make AT feel as seamless as the gamecube controller?
The Gamecube controller is as synonymous with Smash as fight sticks are with traditional fighters. I believe Sakurai has even emphasized in the past that the Gamecube controller was the optimal way to play Brawl. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a "Smash Bros controller" released for the Wii U that was pretty much a Gamecube controller.

MaxThunder

PM Support
Zelda / Sheik transform in Brawl is controlled by file loading speeds. We cannot make it as fast as Melee's AFAIK.
But doesn't it get faster if you have textures on?... since loading from the sd card is faster?... if so, you could include Shiek and Zelda's standard textures in the official release...

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Actually you can do B-Reversal's in Melee, and without the momentum reverse.
Reverse neutral B and Breverse neutral B are different things

The first turns you around before doing the special (and maintaining momentum), the second interrupts the startup of the special to turn you around (reversing momentum).

Also...falcon can't turn around during the Falcon punch in melee, so no 360 falcon punch

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
so like Melee? lol
True.
I meant I don't think he'd make it like melee but maybe he'll allow some hitstun and focus a little bit on balance. I doubt he'd keep the ATs.

You know what? My whole last post was flawed. Ignore it. I apologize. Melee, being the work of art that it is, already was good on both sides. I already knew that yet I'm being thick. Sorry.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Actually you can do B-Reversal's in Melee, and without the momentum reverse.
You can't do B-Reversals in Melee. B-Reverse: You reverse in the first few frames. Melee reverse, which is still possible in Brawl: you reverse before you input the neutral B.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I still stand by Classic Controller Pro > GameCube Controller.

Except for the control stick, but it's not that hard to get used to.

Mostly because CCPro fits perfectly in my hands.

MaxThunder

PM Support
It would just map to buttons on the Classic Controller. No problem there.
well... you would probably lose light presses on the shoulder buttons then... and you'd loose ZL... so it might work, but not perfectly...

I think the best thing would be if Nintendo took the gcc, added a ZL and released it as a Wii accesory... or WiiU...

@Supreme Dirt: I'd say gcc>classic pro... mostly because the controll sticks of classic pro feels slightly awkward to me, and so does X and Y for some reason...

and yeah... fits good in my hands, but a gcc fits better...

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I like the weird GCC face button layout a lot better than the SNES button layout every modern controller uses. Not to mention if we ever get light-shields working, the CCPro will be at a big disadvantage.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
I often use a Classic Controller, but that's just because that's what I have out already. I do map Special to Y, Attack to B, and Jump to X and A. Since I'm not really a very skilled player, the type of controller I use isn't that important to me.

MaxThunder

PM Support
I like the weird GCC face button layout a lot better than the SNES button layout every modern controller uses. Not to mention if we ever get light-shields working, the CCPro will be at a big disadvantage.
There's that too... the GCC is different, and that's something nintendo should keep... it sorta fits in with all their wierd stuff...

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Frankly I see little hope in the GCC coming to the Wii U. It's 10 years old, Nintendo is probably done with it. Which is sad but probably true. But hey, we can hope for any kind of GCC adapter. Who knows? :)

Winnar

Smash Lord
"Big disadvantage"

How do you figure that? Light shielding is situational at best

Though yeah I do love me some GCC button layout

Alm5252

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ALM5252
You guys can always buy the Gamecube controller made by Gigaware.

It has an adapter to either be a "Classic Controller" or a regular Gamecube Controller.
(as in, it connects either to a Wiimote or Gamecube Port)

I have one, and i like it alot. its wireless. :D

Edit: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31KLX-BHQXL.jpg

It also has the ZL, ZR buttons, Start, Select, and Home buttons.
I guarantee i will be using it for the Smash Bros for WiiU. ;)

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Dant, CCPro doesn't have analog shoulder buttons. They are digital.

The original one does though.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
You guys can always buy the Gamecube controller made by Gigaware.

It has an adapter to either be a "Classic Controller" or a regular Gamecube Controller.
(as in, it connects either to a Wiimote or Gamecube Port)

I have one, and i like it alot. its wireless. :D

Edit: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31KLX-BHQXL.jpg

It also has the ZL, ZR buttons, Start, Select, and Home buttons.
I guarantee i will be using it for the Smash Bros for WiiU. ;)
As good as a concept as that is, 3rd party controllers always suck for Smash. Perhaps just suck for everything.

EDIT: On a completely unrelated note, there is a Wifi tourney tomorrow for PM. Should be fun!

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=12112

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom