• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alm5252

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ALM5252
As good as a concept as that is, 3rd party controllers always suck for Smash. Perhaps just suck for everything.

EDIT: On a completely unrelated note, there is a Wifi tourney tomorrow for PM. Should be fun!

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=12112
That is very true.
But i'd like to note i been using it for Project M without fail.

I just thought it would be a great alternative until Nintendo, or someone else releases a true adapter or "Classic Controller Gamecube". You know?

Anyways, it was just my 2-cents. lol

MaxThunder

PM Support
You guys can always buy the Gamecube controller made by Gigaware.

It has an adapter to either be a "Classic Controller" or a regular Gamecube Controller.
(as in, it connects either to a Wiimote or Gamecube Port)

I have one, and i like it alot. its wireless. :D

Edit: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31KLX-BHQXL.jpg

It also has the ZL, ZR buttons, Start, Select, and Home buttons.
I guarantee i will be using it for the Smash Bros for WiiU. ;)
ugh... i really don't like those... too large... does not fit my hands very well...

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
That is very true.
But i'd like to note i been using it for Project M without fail.

I just thought it would be a great alternative until Nintendo, or someone else releases a true adapter or "Classic Controller Gamecube". You know?

Anyways, it was just my 2-cents. lol
Wow didn't really think about a "Classic Controller Gamecube." That sounds very interesting. Maybe one will be developed for Smash U. :V

But that's kind of off topic huh.

You guys can always buy the Gamecube controller made by Gigaware.

It has an adapter to either be a "Classic Controller" or a regular Gamecube Controller.
(as in, it connects either to a Wiimote or Gamecube Port)

I have one, and i like it alot. its wireless. :D

Edit: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31KLX-BHQXL.jpg

It also has the ZL, ZR buttons, Start, Select, and Home buttons.
I guarantee i will be using it for the Smash Bros for WiiU. ;)
I wonder if it would be possible to take the guts out of that thing and Frankenstein it with the stock GC controller shell, buttons, and sticks...

Seems like it might require some fairly extensive modding though...

Alm5252

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ALM5252
ugh... i really don't like those... too large... does not fit my hands very well...
its not very big at all, its pretty much the size of a standard gamecube controller.

anyways, sorry i might have helped derail the topic. Just thought i'd let people know there are alternatives if Nintendo doesnt make a "CCGamecube" or adapter. :)

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
uhmmmmm.....ppl honestly attempt to play PM on lag iv tried it and the results were DONT EVER DO IT AGAIN!!

unless they have a good host??
Wat. Of course it will lag, it's wifi. It all depends on your connection. And don't deter people from this tourney because you had a bad experience. It's all in good fun. It doesn't count for anything, no money is involved. (For some reason I read you post as if you suggested PM has its own wifi. How preposterous!)

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
uhmmmmm.....ppl honestly attempt to play PM on lag iv tried it and the results were DONT EVER DO IT AGAIN!!

unless they have a good host??
just because you're bad at it doesn't mean you should prompt others to not play it lul I'd rather play a game that requires technical skill in lag as opposed to that train wreck Sakurai calls a game in lag.

SHOTTYGURU

Smash Apprentice
just because you're bad at it doesn't mean you should prompt others to not play it lul I'd rather play a game that requires technical skill in lag as opposed to that train wreck Sakurai calls a game in lag.
whoa whoa... im bad (gets up from laughing) you have absolutely no proof that im bad so i wont even feed into your pointless/ignorant response and @blu link i wasnt at all saying any one was bad i was sayin the lag is bad AT's are basicaly useless iv done tournaments for allisbrawl myself so when i say im doing it for fun thats pretty much a guarantee if im playing online

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Given the right player, I can WD, l-cancel, the whole shebang as if I were offline. Most of the time I get good connection. Besides, mistakes on wifi don't really even count.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
whoa whoa... im bad (gets up from laughing) you have absolutely no proof that im bad so i wont even feed into your pointless/ignorant response and @blu link i wasnt at all saying any one was bad i was sayin the lag is bad AT's are basicaly useless iv done tournaments for allisbrawl myself so when i say im doing it for fun thats pretty much a guarantee if im playing online

How are ats useless on wifi? That makes no sense. The only thing wifi takes away is reaction time but if you know your timings its easy. Its all about your muscle memory. I used to play fox on wifi and waveshine everything across the stage, shine upsmash missed techs, combo and tech chase with falcon. Honestly there isn't much of an excuse other than being bad

:phone:

SHOTTYGURU

Smash Apprentice
Given the right player, I can WD, l-cancel, the whole shebang as if I were offline. Most of the time I get good connection. Besides, mistakes on wifi don't really even count.
Yea its definently possible. Majority of the time i play it online to finish teaching a few AT's to some friends their trying to get better. Its in all fun though if we do play around in a FFA online

SHOTTYGURU

Smash Apprentice
How are ats useless on wifi? That makes no sense. The only thing wifi takes away is reaction time but if you know your timings its easy. Its all about your muscle memory. I used to play fox on wifi and waveshine everything across the stage, shine upsmash missed techs, combo and tech chase with falcon. Honestly there isn't much of an excuse other than being bad

Yo speak for yourself half the things you just listed arent possible on my connection (is what i was going off of) your experiences online are much different then mine bro.

Krautrock

Smash Apprentice
What are the plans with Yoshi's shield? I can understand wanting to retain his limited oos options as a unique weakness, but at the very least could his rolls get sped up? Someone else also suggested allowing him to enter side-b from shield which could be interesting.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Very nice. Bowser is looking pretty solid, cept still very susceptible to combos.

Ill prolly get stoned for saying this but i really enjoyed roy's Dtilt in melee great for combos i know im not the only one?
Roy's Dtilt is one of his few good moves, along with his nair and fsmash. A lot of combability. In fact, I remember I used to love using dtilt as Roy on Bowser. :awesome: But what does that have to do with PM?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
What are the plans with Yoshi's shield? I can understand wanting to retain his limited oos options as a unique weakness, but at the very least could his rolls get sped up? Someone else also suggested allowing him to enter side-b from shield which could be interesting.
Yoshi isn't finished yet, but IIRC his shielddrop and/or shield startup has been decreased.
Why can't fox shine bair like in melee?

He can.
on yoshi, i hope he can still do his egg toss ledge stall with the recovery boost
You can still do that. :)

SHOTTYGURU

Smash Apprentice
Very nice. Bowser is looking pretty solid, cept still very susceptible to combos.

Roy's Dtilt is one of his few good moves, along with his nair and fsmash. A lot of combability. In fact, I remember I used to love using dtilt as Roy on Bowser. :awesome: But what does that have to do with PM?
it had nothing to do with PM just my thoughts i have had this small thought of marths dtilt being changed to roy dtilt you know as like a combination thing kinda like wat they did with mario's Fair making it more like dr mario's.....it was a cool thought:cool:

Krautrock

Smash Apprentice
Naw, Marth's moveset is pretty much canon at this point. His dtilt is useful for edgeguarding.

(Hope for Roy via the clone engine instead.)

NeoZ

Smash Ace
I've been wondering, why's Metal Cavern so small?
Did you guys decide to leave it that way?

Cause I remember FroHo saying he had to fix that, and that it was supposed to be much bigger, he even showed me a video of an old version that had the correct size.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know how to swap textures on stages Project: m supplies PACS for? For example, if I wanted to use a custom texture on battlefield, how would I go about importing the texture data into the already existing PAC?

I have a feeling that I should be posting this somewhere else. If this is the case, forgive me.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Does anyone know how to swap textures on stages Project: m supplies PACS for? For example, if I wanted to use a custom texture on battlefield, how would I go about importing the texture data into the already existing PAC?

I have a feeling that I should be posting this somewhere else. If this is the case, forgive me.
It's sort of a long process, but here's how you do it:

For JUST STAGE TEXTURES

Open STGTEXTUREDNAME.pac in BrawlBox

Export the TextureData[0].bress

Open STGPMDEFAULTSTAGE.pac in Brawl Box

Right Click on the TextureData[0].bress and click Replace

Choose STGTEXTUREDNAME.pac's TextureData[0].bress

Export STGPMDEFAULTSTAGE.pac's .col file, the blue box with col on it. This is the stage collision file.

Replace STGTEXTUREDNAME.pac's .col with STGPMDEFAULTSTAGE.pac's .col file

Export STGPMDEFAULTSTAGE.pac's ModelData[100](NOTE: MOST stages have the spawn positions, etc. in ModelData[100], other stages may not. You have to look around for it until you see bone names of CamY or something similar)

Replace STGTEXTUREDNAME.pac's ModelData[100] or the equivalent .bress file with STGPMDEFAULTSTAGE.pac's ModelData[100] or the equivalent .bress file

Save As... and test in game.

For STAGE TEXTURES WITH EXTRA MODELS

In this tutorial, I will use Battlefield as the example.

Open PM's STGPMDEFAULTSTAGE.pac in BrawlBox

Open another BrawlBox

Open STGTEXTURESANDMODELS.pac in this new BrawlBox

Click the + buttons in both BrawlBox windows until you see the main stage models. In this case, it would be Battlefield's main stage and 3 platforms.

In STGPMDEFAULTSTAGE.pac, Control P to preview the model

In STGTEXTURESANDMODELS.pac, Control P to preview the model

In STGPMDEFAULTSTAGE.pac, click on the bar on the right to see if the stage model uses an animation. Click on the left bar to get the bone list. Click on the first bone. Click on each animation name on the right until you see the numbers in the lower right be yellow. If the text box is yellow, then that means that model uses that animation.

Export that animation by Right Click -> Export File

Go to STGTEXTURESANDMODELS.pac and preview the same model you were previewing in STGPMDEFAULTSTAGE.pac and find the same animation name in the right bar. Right Click -> Replace and replace it with STGPMDEFAULTSTAGE.pac's .chr0 file.

IF THE MAIN STAGE MODELS DO NOT USE .CHR0 (animations) THEN CONTINUE READING, IF THEY DO, THEN SKIP THIS PART

In STGPMDEFAULTSTAGE.pac, export the stage model by Right Click -> Export

In STGTEXTURESANDMODELS.pac, Right Click -> Replace with the STGPMDEFAULTSTAGE.pac's .mdl0 (model) file

Continue this process for any and all MAIN models that DO NOT use animations

AFTER MODEL / ANIMATION REPLACEMENT IS DONE

In STGPMDEFAULTSTAGE.pac, export the collision file (it is a blue box with col on it).

In STGTEXTURESANDMODELS.pac, replace the collision file with STGPMDEFAULTSTAGE.pac's collision file (.col)

Export STGPMDEFAULTSTAGE.pac's ModelData[100](NOTE: MOST stages have the spawn positions, etc. in ModelData[100], other stages may not. You have to look around for it until you see bone names of CamY or something similar)

Replace STGTEXTUREDNAME.pac's ModelData[100] or the equivalent .bress file with STGPMDEFAULTSTAGE.pac's ModelData[100] or the equivalent .bress file

Save As... and test in game.

It takes some time to learn how to do this. If there are any texture issues in game, I would contact the stage texture creator on how to fix this issue.

I believe that sums everything up. :)

mugwhump

Smash Journeyman
^ That's great Monk.

What exactly is it you guys changed on some of the stage replacements, though? Like on Battlefield?

Was it just zooming in the camera to compensate for P:M's smaller characters? Because I noticed they were a bit hard to see on many custom stages.

If editing the camera is easy enough I'll just change them myself.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
No.

Battlefield was made to match Melee Battlefield 100% except for the underside of the stage.

The spawn positions, respawns, collisions, etc are all 100% melee.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
keyword = like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-j596VYtro&feature=related

Everytime I try to shine bair while starting the shine in mid air i can't. In this he only does it from the ground. so can fox shine bair while in mid air or not?
hitlag is slightly different in the demo, however the mechanics are all 100% melee in the current version, therefore this does work.
additionally, shine bair with fox only works against REALLY awful DI, it isn't practical in competitive play. it just looks cool

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
If you or any other people have questions on the stage texture stuff, hit me up on AIM (MonkUnitBrawl) or Skype (synthro_) or just PM me on SWF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom