• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Would be nice if it came out a few weeks before it, so folks can have a chance to get used to it before entering. Especially if there are going to be new characters in it, as has been speculated recently.

But hey, you take what you can get.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
How soon in relation to Genesis is the patch coming out?

A few days or a couple weeks before the event?

I'm just curious.

Also you guys should consider speeding up Snake's fair by some frames so he can combo it more easily or perhaps even use it to space.

He seems like he needs buffs and tweaks. He appears to only be marginally average as a character
I think all Snake needs are 2 things.

1. A better or a new forward B

2. More priority on Bair, and Uair. I'm sure you can do this by upping the damage and knockback compensating.
It bothers me that Bair loses to moves like Fire fox and Fire bird and it would help in making them safer to use to get out of juggles and such rather than the odd method of blowing both parties up.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Just saw the actual video of this clip. I noticed the animation is a bit jagged near the end where he throws the opponent even if its on ground - is this because of the landing detection code? I'd assume so because he looks like as if he just landed using a Koopa Claw. Does the "jagged animation" add any extra frames to the attack?

D

Deleted member

they said new characters isnt a for sure thing, stages yes. dont get your hopes up.
I didnt ask at all for the contents of the patch.

I asked when we can expect it in relation to Genesis in terms of weeks or days out of curiosity.

I thought the patch was going to be released before Genesis. Can a dev clear this up?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Releasing the patch before Genesis would basically be saying "hey guys, we secretly finished the game behind your backs while lying to you so you'd be more excited when we released it!"

I don't think they ever said that the patch would be done before Genesis.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
I can get more Bowser.

We'll be doing a livestream Saturday night btw. With a very unusual surprise guest. Some of you who were active in the old B+ days may remember the guy though.
hmm...Bowser?....Brawl+?

it's gotta be Badguy :cool:

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
@drpepper11 - it is better for us to not have an ETA than to have a set date such as before genesis 2. Otherwise we might get rushed things, etc.

@kaizo - no, it isn't BadGuy, the PMBR bowser main. It is Guy from the Brawl+ and early PM days.

:phone:

MaxThunder

PM Support
@drpepper11 - it is better for us to not have an ETA than to have a set date such as before genesis 2. Otherwise we might get rushed things, etc.

@kaizo - no, it isn't BadGuy, the PMBR bowser main. It is Guy from the Brawl+ and early PM days.

Hm... seem i really gotta try to see this stream...

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yeah guy with a black guy in his avatar, toaster twins & i will be at Brainshock Beta so don worry.

guy above me: we aren't rushing out a build just so there's a build out before genesis. that was our mistake at pound 5. whatever's done is what will be in the Genesis 2 Build, and if the characters & mechanics we want done before the new set can be released aren't done, we aren't releasing it. if the Stage Collision Detection code problems are all that's holding us back (something only Magus or Dantarion can fix), then that sucks for you guys.

Revven

FrankerZ
I'd assume so because he looks like as if he just landed using a Koopa Claw. Does the "jagged animation" add any extra frames to the attack?
No, it doesn't add any extra frames at all. It's just the animation is wobbly because of landing detection codes.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
So, Ganon's Wizkick outprioritizes Link's spin. You've created a monster.

Also, that SSE Jungle stage. Are you guys planning on toning down the size a little bit? My brother survived my spin at 170 on that thing >_< Unless it's meant to be like that for strategic purposes. Counterpicks or whatever.

And another thing. would it be ok if you made it so Ike's counter slams opponents into the ground and bounced them up if it hits a grounded opponent and hits away if it hits an airborne opponent? Then it wouldn't be like a counter-meteor for edgeguarding or something. Or is that a bad idea?

Revven

FrankerZ
SSE Jungle is mostly meant for Teams, so shrinking it is not at all a good idea.

As for the Ike counter thing, that would be really silly and not something Ike really needs I'm afraid.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
SSE Jungle is mostly meant for Teams, so shrinking it is not at all a good idea.

As for the Ike counter thing, that would be really silly and not something Ike really needs I'm afraid.
Makes sense. No idea why I didn't think of that. So will it be banned in singles?

Mmk. Just felt like throwing it out there.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
See, now that makes sense. Sorry for my stupid question. I really should have thought of that. It's a shame since I like that stage and I hate doubles. Oh well.
It's alright to play on it as long as it's not a tournament you know. Just expect johns if it's a MM.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
was watching the stream and just paused it for a second with charizard. You guys gave him Seismic Toss? Awesome :) judging from the stream though it looks like Pokemon trainer is gone though. Is there gonna be some plan for him or is he just plain gone out of the picture? Just wondering.

MaxThunder

PM Support
missed... most of the stream because i played s4 league for over 4 hours...(they have a large hammer there now...)
guys above me made me curious now... charizard's got seismic toss?... and what about pokemon trainer?...

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
squirtle looks pretty ridiculous

can someone also explain charizard's moveset?
uthrow is seismic toss. You can jc it at the apex or just let it continue and go down and explode.

dtilt is a bite attack

ftilt is also a bite attack

sideB is vBrawl fair but with more startup and more powerful hitboxes

downB is Fly aka superjump. You can charge it and interrupt it with aerials

and yes, PT is gone for good. It's just the 3 pokemon individually now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom