• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanus

Smash Hero
The GFX is not uniform across the cast. the reflector only shows up for fox,falco and wolf.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
If it ever becomes possible to add in new GFX(rather than replace it) that reflector effect should be added to all chars. I just loved how it looks.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Are you guys giving Yoshi his ftilt back? I think his Melee ftilt had more applications than his Brawl one. His Brawl one is just a GTFO move, and his jab does a better job doing that.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
What.

Yoshi's Brawl ftilt has combo applications in every hack that adds hitstun. DTILT is the gtfo move, not ftilt.

shanus

Smash Hero
Next time I am online, I can mess with the hitbox flags until the GFX goes away.
The size is also static. Look at how easy it is to PS reflect with Pit vs PS reflect with DK (lol, you can only do it backwards as DK). We need to inject the IC-Basic for shield size (I'm guessing the 2 value is the size?)

Cyan_Blau

Smash Apprentice
The majority seem to have shot it down, but I plan on making a code for it regardless, which you'll be free to use.
Another criterium is that it looks like corruption if you plan something the others don't want to increase to the project of the team, but I've a solution for everyone ^^!
(because you could publish the codeset or something.... just because you have some more ideas to add ... )

--------------------------

In terms of coding:

I would like to request a codeset interface, so that people can add an aditional codeset of ajustments they wanna have to use.

(Hopefully my requests don't gettin' annoying ...)
[Another interface would be using GCT-Edit .... but it's corruption and a kind of crominal against the copyright ... -_-]

Almas

Smash Lord
Didn't ShortFuse make Brawl+ tweaker ages ago? Won't that still more or less work?

Rikana

Smash Champion
Somewhat on topic since its regarding Melee. Guys, go watch Falcomist vs. Shiz (TheWaffle77's channel). I literally dropped my jaw on the last match final stock.

It would be amazing if Proj.M achieves the level of play Melee has. I really hope so. :D

Alphatron

Smash Champion
^That's up to the players, really. I don't think it will simply because it is a game mod and they never get taken as seriously as the official thing. Hell, there are even a few vbrawl matches on youtube that actually make the game look fun to play. Then again, nay saying when it comes to this hacking scene has always been proven to be very foolish. I hope that I will truly be proven wrong.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I think it largely depends on the demographic. Brawl+ is actually still played in a variety of places, its just that many players who play Brawl+ come from Brawl. its hard to get the contrast and take it to the next level, especially when Brawl still remains the bigger tourney puller.

Project M has a different demographic in mind and theres no telling how it'll develop. I'm sure if its done really well, many veterans will open up to it.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Somewhat on topic since its regarding Melee. Guys, go watch Falcomist vs. Shiz (TheWaffle77's channel). I literally dropped my jaw on the last match final stock.

It would be amazing if Proj.M achieves the level of play Melee has. I really hope so. :D
I think so if this project is a success. We may see great sets we could never have imagined with original Brawl.

I think it largely depends on the demographic. Brawl+ is actually still played in a variety of places, its just that many players who play Brawl+ come from Brawl. its hard to get the contrast and take it to the next level, especially when Brawl still remains the bigger tourney puller.

Project M has a different demographic in mind and theres no telling how it'll develop. I'm sure if its done really well, many veterans will open up to it.
When the project is done all we can do is spread the word. If it's a new game that plays at least 90% like melee with some new stuff I think it'll be embraced. It's important that it The basic technical playing feels the same more than the other side stuff. When people Shine, Wavedash, double JC Shine, Dair, Utilt, Dair, Fsmash. It has to feel as though they are still playing melee.

Also I was wondering. Since Mario is getting his Jump after UpB glitch is there anyone else that should get this glitch or something like it? Like wolf maybe? idk...somoeone

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Wolf does have a pretty bad recovery.

I think seeing amazing sets like those between DSW, Falcomist, and SS is greatly depending on Project:M making seamless crossovers in the physics. Players at such high levels input exactly what they expect and can react to a large number of the time. If they feel that the engine is causing more hiccups in their strategies than their own ability, it wouldn't be surprising that some would reject the project.

However, (and it might've already been stated in this thread) the optimal approach is to showcase and then ask for as much help as possible from the absolute best you can get.

kupo15

Smash Hero

I was extremely disappointed by how DSW flat out gave all his stocks to Justin when recovering. He get doing stupid side b silliness without mixing it up at all. Its almost like he didn't even try to recover. But it was a good set...who knows if P:M will get there.

D

Deleted member

Wolf does have a pretty bad recovery.

I think seeing amazing sets like those between DSW, Falcomist, and SS is greatly depending on Project:M making seamless crossovers in the physics. Players at such high levels input exactly what they expect and can react to a large number of the time. If they feel that the engine is causing more hiccups in their strategies than their own ability, it wouldn't be surprising that some would reject the project.

However, (and it might've already been stated in this thread) the optimal approach is to showcase and then ask for as much help as possible from the absolute best you can get.
Wolf's recovery is not too shabby.
He has 2 options both of which are at least decent, both with big BKB for sloppy edgeguard punishment. His up-b has good priority and a disjoint upon final hit.

Not nearly as bad as you think. Its just that Wolf is a ten ton boulder off stage.

kupo15

Smash Hero
a thought I had for wolfs buffed recovery if people wanted to toy with ideas would be his shine. Fox and falco can use it to stall to help with recovery (stall then fall slowly) and maybe we could do a variation for wolf. Obviously the fox treatment is bad because he GC his shine. An interesting idea would be that wolf gets a vertical boost during the shine off animation.

This way he plummets like usual in the shine but can recover some (not all) the distance lost for a little stalling help. It would be neat if he could charge it up so that the longer he is in the shine the more lift he gets to compensate for the loss in vertical height.

It kinda borrows from the falcon down b idea mixing it with fox's stalling tactic. Just a thought that probably is too out there

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
a thought I had for wolfs buffed recovery if people wanted to toy with ideas would be his shine. Fox and falco can use it to stall to help with recovery (stall then fall slowly) and maybe we could do a variation for wolf. Obviously the fox treatment is bad because he GC his shine. An interesting idea would be that wolf gets a vertical boost during the shine off animation.

This way he plummets like usual in the shine but can recover some (not all) the distance lost for a little stalling help. It would be neat if he could charge it up so that the longer he is in the shine the more lift he gets to compensate for the loss in vertical height.

It kinda borrows from the falcon down b idea mixing it with fox's stalling tactic. Just a thought that probably is too out there
I like the idea.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Wolf's recovery is not too shabby.
He has 2 options both of which are at least decent, both with big BKB for sloppy edgeguard punishment. His up-b has good priority and a disjoint upon final hit.

Not nearly as bad as you think. Its just that Wolf is a ten ton boulder off stage.
Lack of playing Wolf in a while leads me to believe so :p.

Actually, this made me think of diminishing special recovery (coined on the spot): specials that can support recovery, but diminish after their first use. Marth's >B, Mario's >B (and Melee vB), Luigi's vB, (IIRC) DK's >B, Yoshi's UpB (but I think with less diminish), and Wario's >B (an extreme example, but he can't technically get it back) all do this.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
It's a neat idea but honestly, as a Wolf player, I can say his recovery is already ballin and doesn't need any buffs.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
It's a neat idea but honestly, as a Wolf player, I can say his recovery is already ballin and doesn't need any buffs.
it is decent in vBrawl and in Brawl+ but will it be decent in heavy, high speed Melee? Also will his kick at the end of his UpB still exist or will he still be able to DI/Grab the edge after?

Also....Will there be another Trailer. I think the more trailers we have showing Melee-like things the more hype/buzz we can generate within the melee community. This may generate participation as well as anticipation from some melee peers IMO.

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
I think the more trailers we have showing Melee-like things the more hype/buzz we can generate within the melee community. This may generate participation as well as anticipation from some melee peers IMO.
My thoughts exactly.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Good chances are once major breakthroughs are complete, we may see another trailer. That's up to shanus though. A lot has happened since last time though and I think it'd make a good impression to show that this project has really paid close attention to detail with things like the fluid MAD and wavedashing motions.
Then there's displaying the PS effect, JC grabbing, and some other stuff.

This project would only get even better by releasing anywhere near the time that Riivolution does. Sound effect replacement will then *hopefully* work completely, someone in the Workshop will make a .wav -> .brsar converter, and someone here will have a sound pack ready to convert and set up. It would be amazing.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Good chances are once major breakthroughs are complete, we may see another trailer. That's up to shanus though. A lot has happened since last time though and I think it'd make a good impression to show that this project has really paid close attention to detail with things like the fluid MAD and wavedashing motions.
Then there's displaying the PS effect, JC grabbing, and some other stuff.
Cool. I think everyone who's not involved with the project has got super antsy the past month or so now. I can only watch that trailer so many times.:chuckle:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Haha, I've been doing well to stay on some minor Brawl hacking (employing some stage hacks or working on .brstms) to keep myself busy.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Haha, I've been doing well to stay on some minor Brawl hacking (employing some stage hacks or working on .brstms) to keep myself busy.
I been playing melee and watching Brawl+ Using my imagination to try and come up with how new characters will play in finished product....but after 2 months and new codes i'm not sure.:laugh:

Rikana

Smash Champion
New trailer would be good. The new wavedash should be included as well although it was already in the first trailer because dead frames removed will make it look smooth, decay of airdodge was made, and smoke from wavedash (I'm assuming you guys already added the smoke effect?).

Also, mention that Neutral stick airdodge is no longer BAD but MAD instead.

Power shielding must be in as it looks sexy when Falco did it on Dantarion's video.

D

Deleted member

No. Let the devs work at their own pace and schedule instead of demanding they waste hours of time on a trailer.

+10 patience

Rikana

Smash Champion
Question: does the jab reset code works like it should or does it have some bugs? This is one of the codes I was praying for since the start of the project.
That's what beta testing is for. Even if they find nothing wrong with it now, maybe a bug might come up when beta testers try it out.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
No. Let the devs work at their own pace and schedule instead of demanding they waste hours of time on a trailer.

+10 patience
Uh...

Trailer is happening as soon as some staple codes are completed and certain things are touched up. I think shanus said within a month or so.
easy for you guys to say......If I was/could be a tester I'd be all for it lol!:laugh:

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Wolf's recovery is fine-- it's def better than Falco's. Atleast, his up+B is.

Falco just needs his up+b lengthened.

Guys. Sheik is sexy in P:M. Still working on shino stalling though.

And yes, a trailer is on the horizon, just need to finish up a few loose ends before another public showcase.

In the end, progress on P:M is going quite well! :)

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
Um... It's entirely dependent on how good the quality of the PSAs are (full model import, sounds, etc) and whether or not we can include them without replacing any Brawl characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom