• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanus

Smash Hero
MMMM, no more powershield buffering (Magus had a brilliant idea!).

Oh yeah, and powershield reflects now too.

shanus

Smash Hero
that code will obviously be improved upon, (and is in vBrawl settings in the video)

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Eldrian... I was unaware of this. I'm glad you have such blind faith in me, though :p

Send me a PM with details of animation addition and I'll do that so we can have our screw-attack-tilt-cake and eat it too.

Okay. Screw attack restored.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
B+ just resets you from grounded right into standing, skipping the stand up.

True jab resets enabled such things as jiggz pounding fox > jab rest > rest

Kix

Smash Journeyman
This project has been coming along so quickly. It's really exciting to keep up with this!

Is powershield going to pushback like Melee? If so can you add a wind effect to it for that?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Sexy PS codes! Amazing to hear you got a pretty fluent code working with it and the hexagonal effect looks great.

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
Wow. I was certainly not expecting to find this when I entered this thread. Good **** P:M team, good ****.

Watching that vid a few posts back did remind me of a couple of things.

1. Do you think you'll extend the distance projectiles travel before they disappear?
2. Were you considering making it so that any charge shot Samus fires can be stopped by a single needle from Sheik again? I realize you want the top tiers to be as close to Melee as they can but... I'm not sure that should make it back in.

kupo15

Smash Hero
MMMM, no more powershield buffering (Magus had a brilliant idea!).

Oh yeah, and powershield reflects now too.
Really? What was his no buffer idea?
Nice on the PS...it looked like you added Fox's shine instead of a powershield...but I dunno
Crouch canceling seems to be next.
I think "sliding during techs" should be next actually.

Also, maybe Magus could clear up a mechanic I noticed that I only saw on Ganon but might happen all over the place. Ganon's dsmash worked oddly in melee. The lower your % (without DI) the second kick sent away and behind Ganon like Brawl. The higher the damage, the second kick sent in front of ganon. From 0- high % you gradually saw the second kick trajectory go from behind Ganon to about 65 deg in front.

My only explanation is that the game has a formula that combines the two hits and adjusts the natural angle. So in the ganon example, the first kick is a constant kb and the second kick isn't thus scales due to damage. My thought was:

0%- First kick has more power than second because the second kick draws its power from higher damage (because of the growth) thus the final angle from both kicks is heavily first kick based. (First kick's definite trajectory is just about horizontal whereas second kicks definite trajectory is like 65 deg or somewhere around there)

0%-high %- Variation on the above and below

high %- The second kick is much stronger than the first kick at this point so the final angle is heavily second kick based and not first kick based.

I have seen high % dsmashs final angle be like 0% angle which I assume DI has some factor.

I wonder if melee applies this same concept to two completely different moves as long as you are in a "true combo"

So any light, Magus?

shanus

Smash Hero
Really? What was his no buffer idea?
Nice on the PS...it looked like you added Fox's shine instead of a powershield...but I dunno

I think "sliding during techs" should be next actually.

Also, maybe Magus could clear up a mechanic I noticed that I only saw on Ganon but might happen all over the place. Ganon's dsmash worked oddly in melee. The lower your % (without DI) the second kick sent away and behind Ganon like Brawl. The higher the damage, the second kick sent in front of ganon. From 0- high % you gradually saw the second kick trajectory go from behind Ganon to about 65 deg in front.

My only explanation is that the game has a formula that combines the two hits and adjusts the natural angle. So in the ganon example, the first kick is a constant kb and the second kick isn't thus scales due to damage. My thought was:

0%- First kick has more power than second because the second kick draws its power from higher damage (because of the growth) thus the final angle from both kicks is heavily first kick based. (First kick's definite trajectory is just about horizontal whereas second kicks definite trajectory is like 65 deg or somewhere around there)

0%-high %- Variation on the above and below

high %- The second kick is much stronger than the first kick at this point so the final angle is heavily second kick based and not first kick based.

I have seen high % dsmashs final angle be like 0% angle which I assume DI has some factor.

I wonder if melee applies this same concept to two completely different moves as long as you are in a "true combo"

So any light, Magus?
The idea for magus was pretty sweet. We know the variable which controls the PS window which is set during Guard On. Enter shield command lets you buffer the shield by checking for if button pressed. However, by building in the command,

If Button Press: Shield
Set Powershield window = X
Else
Set Powershield window = 0
End If

This disabled the ability to buffer the shield since it only sets the window by a press.

Also, the PS reflect graphic is weird because I didnt actually add GFX to the move, the actual reflect collision I used automatically generates it.

Regarding sliding during teching: So far I don't know what causes it to kill your momentum.

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
Magus' original post:
Ok, so I went and checked out fighter.pac for the 1st time, lol. I was looking at shield related stuff, and this was my understanding of some things there. Dunno if it's helpful.

IC-Basic[23076]->RA-Basic[0] . . Guard-On timer. <=0 to allow Guard-Off. A powershield will set it directly to 0
IC-Basic[23078]->RA-Basic[1] . . Powershield window timer. >0 to get PS
IC-Basic[23081]->RA-Basic[2] . . Dash/Turn grabs related timer
IC-Basic[23079]->RA-Basic[3] . . Timer following a successful powershield for IASAable Guard-Off?
??????????????->RA-Basic[5] . . (1D)Guard-Dmg: Shieldstun timer? Only thing that ticks in Guard-Dmg, and ends when =0. Don't know how it gets set
IC-Basic[23080]->RA-Basic[5] . . (1C)Guard-Off: Guard-Off timer. =0 to allow interrupt

RA-Basic[5] seems to come out of nowhere in the Guard-Dmg action and is used as a timer for when it ends and changes to Guard or Guard-Off. The only time that variable is set to something that is not a simple value in fighter.pac is in the Guard-Off action where it's used for what looks like the shield drop lag, and I don't see how you'd be going from Guard-Off to Guard-Dmg >.>

Would you be able to replace this in action 1A:
Basic Variable Set - IC-Basic[23078], RA-Basic[1],
with this...
If Button Press: 3
Basic Variable Set - IC-Basic[23078], RA-Basic[1],
End If:

so that the PS window timer doesn't get set if you go into Guard-On as a result of button pressed and not press?

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
ok, I think that the best thing to call crouch cancelling wil be looking in yoshi's Second jump as it doesn't have Heavy armor or Super Armor

it reduces KB if he doesn't have that high amount of damage %

you can Double Jump into a bomb as yoshi and it won't actually have that large KB it has and the bomb does 15%-25% damage

just throwing some ideas

CCing ftw, plz let this be in for B+ and P:M soon :)

shanus

Smash Hero
ok, I think that the best thing to call crouch cancelling wil be looking in yoshi's Second jump as it doesn't have Heavy armor or Super Armor

it reduces KB if he doesn't have that high amount of damage %

you can Double Jump into a bomb as yoshi and it won't actually have that large KB it has and the bomb does 15%-25% damage

just throwing some ideas

CCing ftw, plz let this be in for B+ and P:M soon :)
Its heavy armor.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Decided to bring this to attention again since we're talking about CC. It's from the DI, Teching, and CC thread.
Crouch Cancelling :

CCing is what happens when you're crouching while taking a hit.
It tremendously reduces the knockback of the move, reduces the hitlag, and the move is weakened so you must be at higher %age to tech it (or it makes the move completely untechable, like Fox's shine)

You have to be crouching to crouch cancel, if you're not crouching you're not crouch cancelling.

Usually you're DIing down with the control stick when you're CCing, which makes you ASDI down on the weakened move, thus makes you land right after the hitlag (or bounce on the ground if you're at high %age) :
CCing weakens the move and ASDI down makes you stay grounded.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
So, this goes into the same thing as ledgeteching really.

We need to be able to SDI into the ground, and attacks that doesn't cause you to leave the ground should do no knockback while holding down?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I was just catching up on videos from TheWaffle and I almost recall seeing a few examples of DSW CCing Jeff's Dairs. I want to check again just to be sure.

My theory is to somehow have a check as to whether or not SDI during a crouch will still keep the player grounded. I want to figure out some more and maybe elaborate, but I'm sure shanus or magus could easily make some pointers and work from there.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Fve2Mt0Br4
At 0:27, but it doesn't look like a CC'd hit on closer inspection. I think that's happened to me before, but what exactly causes that?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Eldrian... I was unaware of this. I'm glad you have such blind faith in me, though :p
Glad to help! :D

Also, the PS reflect graphic is weird because I didnt actually add GFX to the move, the actual reflect collision I used automatically generates it.

Regarding sliding during teching: So far I don't know what causes it to kill your momentum.
I'm curious -- what was the reflect collision used? And, does that graphic appear when Falco's not in the match?

Also, nice work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom