• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Vigilante, I'll have to miss your first live episode. I'll be busy at ECSS3. :(

:phone:
I'll reccord it for you, Monk, so no biggie :p. And good luck to you and Toast!

And for Ganondorf stated as being low tier.... Just lol. He was fairly decent in Melee, although not awesome, and he's been rather improved.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Characters who have been fairly-extensively complained about being "bottom/low tier" in the demo so far:
Link
Zelda
Lucas
Snake
G&W
Ganondorf

Man, if all these characters are low tier, I can't wait to see mid-tier.
Who said ganon was bottom?
you took that one right from me. You could argue G&W, Snake, Lucas, and even Zelda right now...but Ganondorf *****. Link is buffed just enough to remove his weaknesses in Melee. The Landing detection ****s up some of his shenanigans. If tether grab any part of the stage is ever made Link instantly becomes Top. I have an Idea...why not add more characters in the next patch? then we can complain about new ppl :D...

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I actually think Zelda is at least High tier. I even prefer her over Sheik now because of how well her moves connect.

Ecks

Smash Lord
how long will that work after ledge-teching is fixed though? ......Overall Lucas is good enough to barely lose to pretty much everyone so far. He does well against puff though from what I can see. Everyone else and even puff at times takes a dump on him. The Charge-B moves give him a shot though I guess.
Best to wait and see really.

There's no way ganon's bottom.

I don't feel Zelda's low either. <3 Zelda:M

Vigilante

Smash Lord
RyokoYaska did manage to get second place at Pound Five using mostly Zelda. That's quite a feat for a previously so horrible character if you ask me.

leelue

Smash Lord
I have never once heard bad things about ganon. Ever. Everyone who "said" this (aka shadic having a nightmare and imagining the whole thing) is absolutely mad.

Zelda's a complex character that would take time to find players and a playstyle for. I haven't heard many complaints about her in a while (to the contrary, I've begun seeing more respect for her), so I think she could pop off that list of yours. The marth matchup sucks for me though, lol.

Snake, I've heard complaints for since day 1 or so. It's hard to say, but it looks to be going that way for him. Had to be someone, right?

Link has some split votes, but again I haven't heard much complaining about him in a while. Maybe about his bombs not being combo starters, but either version has it's merits. Also, if that's the worst complaint, then good job on making him.

Game and watch from what I saw is another polarizing character (but I haven't seen a lot on him). Public opinion seems to be "still deliberating", maybe leaning towards the lower side. If so, not by much. Same review for Lucas, but wonderboy has more vocal support.

Sonic has gotten more pointed fingers than game and watch from what I can tell (I, being one of said finger pointers). I also haven't seen a sonic that plays with real efficiency (myself included). All the videos are like... half good/half wrong choices (JC saved a stream with a goodish sonic, but he lost quite a bit iirc) and his speed isn't exploited enough yet (except by me, lol).

There was also a decent discussion about marth being outclassed due to everyone underneath him getting enough of a boost to cut him out of high tier (i missed the news that he wasn't in top anymore), but I haven't heard much outside of that thread on smashmods.

So if I were to revise shadic's list based on public opinion, Lucas and gamewatch are potentially down there (lucas, being pretty new to smash with this style could have a better chance at escaping this fate with a more explored meta), Sonic is likely down there (I'm biased. get at me. My list, *****), and Snake is probably in low tier.

Still obviously conjecture, but so far I'd say this isn't a bad barometer.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
People just naturally like making lists. I know I do.

Also Snake is mad underrated.

He's all about setting up frame traps that result in loads of damage, not about comboing the opponent.

Unless you're being fancy and going for a C4 kill at 25% or something.

I think he flat out loses to Jiggz though.

Punishing Rest with a C4+landmine to UAir is the best thing ever though.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
err..... I don't think so.

Doing things the same as Barwl doesn't end well.

It could be a sign that the style he was designed for isn't effective enough as it is or has too many drawbacks like Gabranth in the first Dissidia(He's really low in the tiers of that game), but we'll wait and see.

Can we do moar PM Tourneys?

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
People just naturally like making lists. I know I do.

Also Snake is mad underrated.

He's all about setting up frame traps that result in loads of damage, not about comboing the opponent.

Unless you're being fancy and going for a C4 kill at 25% or something.

I think he flat out loses to Jiggz though.

Punishing Rest with a C4+landmine to UAir is the best thing ever though.
I've explored snakes options pretty extensively since he's first been edited. He is no where near limited and if anyone knew his options and limits it would definitely be me. Snake is not that good. There are just a couple people that are good enough with him to make him look alot better than he actually is. His recovery is free vs anyone with a brain plus he has to rely on set explosives for kills. Compared to the other gay things the rest of the cast can do snake is no where near the level of the others

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I've explored snakes options pretty extensively since he's first been edited. He is no where near limited and if anyone knew his options and limits it would definitely be me. Snake is not that good. There are just a couple people that are good enough with him to make him look alot better than he actually is. His recovery is free vs anyone with a brain plus he has to rely on set explosives for kills. Compared to the other gay things the rest of the cast can do snake is no where near the level of the others

You mad....cuz Ganon Stylin on you :awesome:

leelue

Smash Lord
So sneak, what would you suggest for snake? I said on smashmods that he has "link syndrome", a good idea for a moveset but with implementation that came up short. There's a giant list of things that I have written over there for him, so if you like I can post it here.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Who ever thinks G&W is bottom just isn't thinking right. He is so much better it is ridiculous, he can combo everyone into a nair with his grabs, plus the range on his bair is stupid good, his only real weakness is he is light, but that doesn't seem to bother jigglypuff much either :troll:

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
BestNessn00b, your avatar creeps me out and idk wtf that thing is supposed to be LOL

Also, no one answered my question from like 3 days ago. What channels can I subscribe to on youtube so I can see all of your videos of the Project M Demo? :urg:

Bones0

Smash Legend
Is G&W's nair the same as in Melee frame/hitbox-wise? I love the ridiculous range on it in Melee, but it feels smaller in P:M. That might just be my imagination, though.

BestNessn00b, your avatar creeps me out and idk wtf that thing is supposed to be LOL

Also, no one answered my question from like 3 days ago. What channels can I subscribe to on youtube so I can see all of your videos of the Project M Demo? :urg:
youtube.com/user/JCaesar007
That has all the Pound 5 vids.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Is G&W's nair the same as in Melee frame/hitbox-wise? I love the ridiculous range on it in Melee, but it feels smaller in P:M. That might just be my imagination, though.

youtube.com/user/JCaesar007
That has all the Pound 5 vids.
The hitbox itself is identical to Melee. The animation of the parachute may be slightly off which might be throwing you off a bit.

And Monk knows about my channel. He's a PMBR member. He wants to know (as do I) who in the general public is uploading videos of the demo.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
lol you guys

just wait for the patch

after the patch is out, give a few weeks then argue about stuff like this imo
I'm not disagreeing with you, but we kind of don't have anything else to talk about right now given the patch won't be out for a couple months at best. Best case scenario, someone comes up with a good idea for X character that the PMBR implements and improves the balance of the game. Worst case scenario, another page is added to this thread.

Ecks

Smash Lord
So do you guys plan on having the multiple versions of stages on the same icon with a different button input or will they be separate icons?

I think I'd be easier on the common file to have the multiple versions on a single icon. So say, if you press start you'll get p:m versions (even if you press random), and A will get you the normal versions. The preview image would include the two images side by side so people don't have to guess too.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I have no idea lol

But I think if it could be done, it would be a great alternative.

Revven

FrankerZ
I think I'd be easier on the common file to have the multiple versions on a single icon. So say, if you press start you'll get p:m versions (even if you press random), and A will get you the normal versions. The preview image would include the two images side by side so people don't have to guess too.

The latter is something we want to avoid doing. That complicates usage of stages at tournaments with people asking "how do I get this stage? What? I have to press a button combo?" It's easier to just use the extra slots that PW made available with his code... easier in that for the public to be able to access all the stages without having to be so burdened with remembering how to access X stage. For example, even with the ability to pick Underground and Above ground versions of Mushroomy Kingdom anytime I even went there (you know, just to see how it was) I always forgot what button determines what stage you pick. Having to memorize a bunch of those, especially with button combos that are more complicated than pressing a single button overcomplicates the process of picking a stage.

It is definitely not ideal. Also, redoing a bunch of our stage images that you already see in the demo to show that one slot houses two stages is not fun either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom