• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

How is debating the character's hypothetical tier position non legitimate discussion?

It gives feedback to identify and improve characters strength's and weaknesses.

Its too early to start authoritatively discussing their positions like you know what you're talking about, but the discussion is still valid and helpful to the goal of the project.

Anyway some critiques I have are:

Link's bomb explosion's hitbox is too large compared to Melee and it limits his options when he wants to say throw a bomb OoS or throw a bomb close to an opponent and punish. THis seems less useful in PM imo.

Secondly, Lucas's bair non sweetspot hit doesn't seem that useful. The hit path on it is too high and the move is too weak. I think if it were made as strong as Fox/Falco's bair and had the same hitpath, it would be a great move to use.

Finally, Idk much about Lucas's uair hitpath and power, but it feels lackluster. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the move is quite weak for KOs and has an odd hit path?

Ecks

Smash Lord
Yes, I can see the inconvenience. I even thought about that before posting. But I think it's worth a look since it would be just pressing one button, and it would give people the option to add stages to the game without worrying about the file limit a lot.

I know alot of people don't care about the images as long as the stage is there, but I prefer having it look as professional as possible. I'm just picky with the way my game looks. lol

:phone:

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Spam arrow you reallt much not realize how much I've played lucas, you might wanna look back at the date of the first public pm match. Either way I know what lucas is capable of before and after the demo and he's definitely better than snake. And with lucas non sweetspot bair you can combo another bair or full jump djc fair with the right timing. Uair isn't that great but you can get a fair from it and even djc uair and punish missed techs even with the demo ld

Slashy

Smash Lord
I find it funny how people shell out 20 bucks for the official first party.

Yeah they probably last longer I guess.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Last time I got a knockoff, the A button did not work okay, the main button, mind you. Nothing beats the sure-bet of an official controller.

Spoon~

Smash Ace
I find it funny how people shell out 20 bucks for the official first party.

Yeah they probably last longer I guess.
I'll gladly dish out 20 bucks for a controller i know is going to work the way i expect it to rather than buy a couple different garbage controllers for 10 bucks a piece just for them to suck.

Renji64

Smash Lord
Is Project M Progressing at a rate the team is happy with? What is the biggest challenges left for the Project M team? I was just wondering.
Good Luck on the Patch I just finshed Playing PM today with friends so much fun I wish people out texture stages with Pm Boundaries.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Is Project M Progressing at a rate the team is happy with? What is the biggest challenges left for the Project M team? I was just wondering.
Good Luck on the Patch I just finshed Playing PM today with friends so much fun I wish people out texture stages with Pm Boundaries.
Our development cycle is like a sine wave - Sometimes we're bursting with new ideas and motivation to work on them, and sometimes we're busy/tired/distracted and have our attention elsewhere.

It's hard to say what's the biggest challenge left. Somethings previously thought as incredibly difficult can be solved quickly when the right nugget of knowledge is hit.

As for the stages - You could replace the texture data in Brawlbox.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Our development cycle is like a sine wave - Sometimes we're bursting with new ideas and motivation to work on them, and sometimes we're busy/tired/distracted and have our attention elsewhere.

It's hard to say what's the biggest challenge left. Somethings previously thought as incredibly difficult can be solved quickly when the right nugget of knowledge is hit.

I remember how worried we all were about Landing Detection.

Renji64

Smash Lord

Thanks alot for getting back to me I will do that then for texture stages

Sir Combee

Smash Apprentice
I have a quick question. Hows the progress on Pokemon Trainer going? Are there any recent videos of Project M gameplay with any of the three pokemon? I believe I saw a stream with Squirtle a while back but I don't remember it too well :/ I would love to see gameplay of them, especially Ivysaur since he seemed to be the worse of the three in Brawl due to such things as fire weakness and iffy recovery. Does anyone know of a video, or will someone be streaming gameplay with him sometime soon?

ynnek123

Smash Ace
I have a quick question. Hows the progress on Pokemon Trainer going? Are there any recent videos of Project M gameplay with any of the three pokemon? I believe I saw a stream with Squirtle a while back but I don't remember it too well :/ I would love to see gameplay of them, especially Ivysaur since he seemed to be the worse of the three in Brawl due to such things as fire weakness and iffy recovery. Does anyone know of a video, or will someone be streaming gameplay with him sometime soon?
In the stream neko is currently doing pokemon trainer as a whole got shown so if it gets saved you can watch him in there.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
I watched part of the stream from a few days ago. a few of those new things are nice but something looks like idk what it is but it looks like something hinders ZSS atleast from what I could see in the recording. Now I'm guessing she isn't anywhere near completed just wondering what the plans are for her besides whats already changed.

also for pkmn trainer is it possible or are you going to make it possible to be able to switch while in the air?

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Spam arrow you reallt much not realize how much I've played lucas, you might wanna look back at the date of the first public pm match. Either way I know what lucas is capable of before and after the demo and he's definitely better than snake. And with lucas non sweetspot bair you can combo another bair or full jump djc fair with the right timing. Uair isn't that great but you can get a fair from it and even djc uair and punish missed techs even with the demo ld

In the words of the late great...Mr.Captain Falcon...Show me your moves.

Your gonna have to show me how Lucas isn't the biggest piece of **** in the demo.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Or the 100% more legitimate reason for the fact that you can probably infinite air stall, as you'd probly not fall while they were switching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom