• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
being able to platform waveland properly >>>>>>>>> 1 faster shffl speed (when you're fast falling LD doesn't make that big of a difference)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Nice.

Oh and don't forget about Vigilante's podcast on Saturday! Our livestream will work around his schedule.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
so i played pm today and stand by what i say with snake definitely being the worse of the characters in the demo
lol you mad?

So do I, but I feel he's better than at least Lucas.
Even with PK Thunder's improvements, it's still a bad recovery move....
Lucas is almost good...he just needs some thing...whatever it is...and suddenly he'll be among the best...maybe have his downB work better or as a reflect also...idk.

Yea its just harder to win with snake than it is with most other chars... but i like playing snake
Snake like the new Ganon so far. He's got some good things but good character hinder his greatness. He's good though....if you camp your *** off.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I think using actual battle strategy the way Snake was designed shouldn't be referred to as camping. LOL

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Out of curiosity, are there any plans to revamp PS2? I think it would be kinda interesting to mess around with the transformations there with melee physics.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
I'm cool with PS2 frozen, especially if the Devs can't get PS1 to work properly.

The shenanigans one could get up to there are really interesting to think about, though. Ice stage would give swd's+great shield push; electric's conveyors would be like having constant Whispy wind, but just onstage; the gravity on air might be a bit more manageable after the transition to melee's higher gravity; ground has never really been an issue.

Could be a really neat counterpick, if its possible to tune a few things down (conveyor speed, Air stage's gravity, etc.).

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I'm cool with PS2 frozen, especially if the Devs can't get PS1 to work properly.

The shenanigans one could get up to there are really interesting to think about, though. Ice stage would give swd's+great shield push; electric's conveyors would be like having constant Whispy wind, but just onstage; the gravity on air might be a bit more manageable after the transition to melee's higher gravity; ground has never really been an issue.

Could be a really neat counterpick, if its possible to tune a few things down (conveyor speed, Air stage's gravity, etc.).
This would be awesome.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
It would be awesome if we had some frozen PS1 transformations to play on, over PS2 is perfectly fine for me.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Lucas is almost good...he just needs some thing...whatever it is...and suddenly he'll be among the best...maybe have his downB work better or as a reflect also...idk.
I was thinking his down b could work more like Fox/Falco's shine where if the opponent is within a certain range they're spiked away from Lucas with an electric effect, basically what he has right now but stronger. As of now it really isn't that effective and I can imagine a lot of things coming together for Lucas if his down b becomes more of an offensive move.

:phone:

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
compared to?
it's a unique stage.
the regular pokemon stadium that isn't in the demo atm.

I was thinking his down b could work more like Fox/Falco's shine where if the opponent is within a certain range they're spiked away from Lucas with an electric effect, basically what he has right now but stronger. As of now it really isn't that effective and I can imagine a lot of things coming together for Lucas if his down b becomes more of an offensive move.

:phone:
I think that would really help. Also having better spammable use of his PK flash.

leelue

Smash Lord
What Lucas has as down B is already quite strong, as its growth is pretty high. Not all moves can be as amazing as shining, and this move seems useful enough. B reversal is sick.
I wish the charge for the smashes could be held (think samus) which would be a very natural change. I don't remember if it was going to be implemented or not.

A couple of his moves could use a tiny extra sourspot hitbox to cover some flaws. Dair comes to mind, perhaps. Fair could do for a little one near the front-top to help him out against advancing marths and woodland creatures.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
What Lucas has as down B is already quite strong, as its growth is pretty high. Not all moves can be as amazing as shining, and this move seems useful enough. B reversal is sick.
I wish the charge for the smashes could be held (think samus) which would be a very natural change. I don't remember if it was going to be implemented or not.

A couple of his moves could use a tiny extra sourspot hitbox to cover some flaws. Dair comes to mind, perhaps. Fair could do for a little one near the front-top to help him out against advancing marths and woodland creatures.
well yeah it's not what he has that is the problem its what he doesn't have...in a weird way. If his Down had a constant hitbox that would fix him completely lol.

right now i think you hit someone when you use it and then when you let the attack go...which is weird.

Ecks

Smash Lord
It's only when you let it go spam.

Also, pkt2 no longer bounces off walls! (Both Ness and Lucas)

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Nice.

Oh and don't forget about Vigilante's podcast on Saturday! Our livestream will work around his schedule.
Thanks for your support buddy. And I'll enable links during the stream, so feel free to post it in my chat window. Also, feel free to correct any misconception we might have. As informed as I am trying to be, I'm still not a PMBR member. I could get a fact wrong, but I'll take extra care not to.

The link is posted in the thread, but I'll post it here: Saturday - 7PM EST

First Topic is the progress of Project M since the demo. I've also seen people talk about project Café here. Send us your info if you find new development. I'd always appreciate that. Of course, I'll be looking too.

One can say it's an episode about "Projects".

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/backlash-gaming

Ecks

Smash Lord

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Well it's not a shine. I don't play lucas much but when I do I try to stop recoveries with it. Once it hits they're dead.(even standing on the edge holding down b can work since he holds it in front of him)
how long will that work after ledge-teching is fixed though? ......Overall Lucas is good enough to barely lose to pretty much everyone so far. He does well against puff though from what I can see. Everyone else and even puff at times takes a dump on him. The Charge-B moves give him a shot though I guess.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Characters who have been fairly-extensively complained about being "bottom/low tier" in the demo so far:
Link
Zelda
Lucas
Snake
G&W
Ganondorf

Man, if all these characters are low tier, I can't wait to see mid-tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom