• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
I don't think you know who you're talking to... Falco would most likely rip you a new one...
LOL as if that matters...I use Z, as well.

Also: Jonas ain't no scrub! I don't even know who Falco400 is! Unless he's that MD/VA kid who had that one house tourney that went notoriously bad, LOL

JCz: at work, I'll get on...****, I don't know when XD Probably not today, though =/

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Falco400 is a PMBR member from Ohio.

And there's no rush toasty. We can talk in the ROB social if you want. I still check it religiously.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Nitwits. Don't you see that post was meant to derail the thread?

Let's try something a little more on topic. I'm gonna have to try some other stage hazard to try to redirect since I cannot find the parameters for Bulbin's hitboxes.
I found the bomb and the stage respawn hitbox itself though.

I'll try some other hazard to use as a base.
Use this, it removes King Bulbin completely, no sounds from him either and the stage animations play out normally, plus texture hacks still work on it:

Code:
Dark Link Duel:
4A000000 90180F3A
38000000 FF000033
48000000 805B8ADC
DE000000 80008180
1400036C 4F000000
E0000000 80008000
Unless that's not what you're aiming at, in that case my apologies for misunderstanding

...I also found these codes too, let you choose the different versions for Smashville, Shadow Moses and Spear Pillar with button presses before the match starts, though I haven't figured them all out yet, but choosing the Saturday version of Smashville for the extra music whenever is awesome

Code:
Sub-Stage Select (Common) [spunit262]
066B5E0C 0000000C
38C00000 41A20008
60C60001 00000000
066B5E20 00000010
7CA30039 41A20008
60C60002 7CC03378
C26B5E30 00000004
2C040008 4080000C
70A30010 48000008
74A30008 41A20008
60000004 00000000
C2055760 00000003
3CA09018 60A50F3C
98850000 548407BE
28030005 00000000
04055774 60000000

Sub-Stage Select (metalgear/spear pillar) [spunit262]
C210FA10 00000004
887F0000 546407BE
3484FFFF 4C800382
2C1B0022 4CA21382
4C441202 00000000
C210FA1C 00000003
2C1B0015 4C622B82
40A30008 989F0000
4C422202 00000000

Sub-Stage Select (Smashville) [spunit262]
0610FBC4 00000018
887F0000 3403FFFF
41A00010 60000000
981F0000 480000E4

(Hold L/R and Z for K. K. Slider)
Doesn't conflict with Project M either

EDIT:

Also, I went back to play melee a bit, few things:

1) It destroys Riivolution(had to re-install)
2) I can't believe how close P:M is to it, my L-cancelling and wavedashing transferred over flawlessly without the slightest bit of error, seriously
3) I like P:M's camera better...
4) FoD's water has a crappy reflection so I don't miss it really
5) Link sucks compared to P:M, though his hookshot is over 9000x better
6) Melee got boring pretty quick and me and my friend had to go back to P:M

EDIT 2:

Also.... the crazy guy from Armageddon is awesome....

Slashy

Smash Lord
Newest Backroom build impressions

Ness:For some reason Ness feels a bit too floaty in P:M, like his physics haven't been changed since Brawl+. I shouldn't be complaining though, Ness was AMAZING in Brawl+

Dedede: He is very good, despite not feeling much different from Brawl+, his inhale and f-tilt make him really good at out spacing those who don't have projectiles. He still isn't good at pressure and he is really easy to juggle, he is surprisingly decent against the Star Fox characters. I think my minion toss buffs should be implemented, that move is pretty useless.

Revven

FrankerZ
For some reason Ness feels a bit too floaty in P:M, like his physics haven't been changed since Brawl+. I shouldn't be complaining though, Ness was AMAZING in Brawl+
His physics are the same as what they were in Melee which fyi were decently floaty.

toasty

Smash Hero
Akuma - at really high level play, there are nuances that are near impossible to replicate that high level Melee players will indeed miss...but that doesnt change the fact that the game is ridiculously fun, especially if you already know how to play Melee...it's those same nuances that make the fun of high level Melee also near impossible to replicate [plus pure programming differences that have been addressed here under the category "we can't change this" or "this is the best we could do"]

Ness seems a little wild in the air...I'm pretty sure it's because I only played him a handful of times, but I feel like I have less control over him when he double jumps =/ I'll try it out again next time I play Neko

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
next time we play, i'm not using that test bed ness

lol dair is so akward

i can't say i like it.

it was the main thing keeping me from using him.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Got a question... about Lucario. His double team turned to Swords dance? So is it like Lucas M's PK offense up?

videogames

Smash Rookie
Am I the only one who notices a bit of de-acceleration that happens in the air? Like, your horizontal speed slows down when you jump a long distance?

NoAh MenQui

Smash Apprentice
Project M hype when P;M was released = over 9,000!!!

Project M hype when MvC3 released = -1

bad release date on our part T.T

I still enjoy it, even when my only TV exploded thx to P:M hype!

shanus

Smash Hero
Ground teching we can get to preserve momentum, but the problem is that you can slide off edges during it then too. Thats fine for standing techs, but not for techrolls. When we figure it out, we plan to include it.

toasty

Smash Hero
so what you're saying is that if I crouch and tech an attack that normally would have KOed me, if I techROLLED instead of inputting a standing tech, I would have rolled but also slid off the edge in the process? (given the proper circumstances)

if so, do you slide off the edge during the roll or when you've stood up from the roll?
^the latter happens in Melee and requires knowledge/skill in order to survive...which also applies to standing ground techs that retain momentum

not saying you have to leave it in for that reason, I'm just saying that in case that it means anything to any of the developers

Starscream

Smash Ace
Ground teching we can get to preserve momentum, but the problem is that you can slide off edges during it then too. Thats fine for standing techs, but not for techrolls. When we figure it out, we plan to include it.
Um, I thought Melee was like that anyways? I explicitly remember several occasions where I've teched but since the knockback was so high I end up sliding of the edge anyways, albeit not in tumble. Same for tech rolling in the opposite direction of your momentum.

NoAh MenQui

Smash Apprentice
Um, I thought Melee was like that anyways? I explicitly remember several occasions where I've teched but since the knockback was so high I end up sliding of the edge anyways, albeit not in tumble. Same for tech rolling in the opposite direction of your momentum.
yes it also happened in melee depending on the attack that hitted you, the angle, the % you had and if the ground was sloped, normal, etc

it was weird but sometimes happened in melee, but only on ground versions of tech, Aerial teching on walls or ceiling stopped momentum to 100%

again, depends on the character friction also, as, luigi is more common on doing this momentum sliding while teching

Revven

FrankerZ
Techrolling was until the animation ended, what would happen if we allowed the momentum to transfer is you'd slide off regardless of the animation ending. Techstands slide off period in both but techrolls have to go through their animation before sliding off in Melee which does not happen as explained before. Which is a problem obviously.

Starscream

Smash Ace
Techrolling was until the animation ended, what would happen if we allowed the momentum to transfer is you'd slide off regardless of the animation ending. Techstands slide off period in both but techrolls have to go through their animation before sliding off in Melee which does not happen as explained before. Which is a problem obviously.
Of course, that makes sense. Well, hope you guys can fix it soon.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Can I ask why you guys made ground teching easy again like it was in melee? Brawl teching is much harder, and added another "tech barrier." Does it change the feel of the game too much or something?

For those who don't know what I'mt alking about in, Brawl, you have to time all techs as you hit the ground within the predetermined tech window. In Melee, you could just hold the shield button and a direction and tech every time.

I thought it was pretty much consensualized that Brawl teching was better, since it required actual timing. Maybe you guys thought tech chases would be too prevalent in low level play?

Slashy

Smash Lord
Can I ask why you guys made ground teching easy again like it was in melee? Brawl teching is much harder, and added another "tech barrier." Does it change the feel of the game too much or something?

For those who don't know what I'mt alking about in, Brawl, you have to time all techs as you hit the ground within the predetermined tech window. In Melee, you could just hold the shield button and a direction and tech every time.

I thought it was pretty much consensualized that Brawl teching was better, since it required actual timing. Maybe you guys thought tech chases would be too prevalent in low level play?
Landing detection

Revven

FrankerZ

Did you know that the reason Brawl's teching is "hard" is because of a coding error on Sakurai's team's part? And that teching isn't something that's meant to be hard and wasn't hard since Smash 64? It's apart of the game, techchasing is a very important aspect to some characters. It's a core aspect that has always been easy since Smash 64 so why change it if it ain't broke? One of the main issues with Brawl was teching itself. Notice how it is hardly ever used in Brawl at all, why? Because techrolls and techstands in general are terrible in that game and the other reason is because of the unreliability of the timing and obviously the gravity.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Also holding the button doesn't really work.

I'm in the Debug Menu of V1 RIGHT NOW and only got it to work once out of 20 tries.

I think the reason it works is that the game read the first frame the button is pressed and registered it as correct cause it was. It doesn't seem to read the button for the frames afterwards.

Edit: I cannot for the life of me remember how teching worked in Brawl.

Was it distance based, or was that debunked?

Slashy

Smash Lord
Teching is something I rely on to work, when I miss techs I usually do it to give myself control on the stage (namely when I get my invincibility frames)

Lolo_knight

Smash Apprentice
Wow..... all day long, no posts.... it's getting cOLD in here T_T where is the love for P:M come on guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom