• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slashy

Smash Lord
By latest backroom build, did it have ALL characters? Or was it only the 14 demo characters?
It had every character, the new Green Hill Zone, Dracula's Castle, grabs didn't work when crouching. I liked everything except for the fact that you can't perform grabs while crouching. It makes crawl dash grabs and dash cancel grabs hard to perform.

Battlefield looked to have a new stage icon...I don't know why

I have to say, even though I still think you guys should add my buffs, Dedede is an amazing character. I didn't think that a Brawl+ immigrant (what he feels like) could actually do surprisingly well.

bleyva

Smash Ace
oh god, TWO separate streams, new bukkake videos on redtube.....what to watch, what to watch :/

Slashy

Smash Lord
Why can't you grab out of crouch in the latest build? Is it really that hard to press attack? I don't know what removing this feature adds to the game.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I have quite a bit of new music. I'll see about uploading it soon. It's not really the purpose of this thread, but since it's been kinda slow lately, here's a list of my new stuff.

FD (all fast-paced songs from Japanese games):
Hellion Sounds / Mighty Obstacle
Joren de Bruin / Giant Robot Bonanza
Izei / The Romance is on Fire!
Mintjam / Walking on the Land of Flame - Stage 3
Kidd Cabbage / Natio Obu [br00tl]

Smashville (all from Cave Story :bee:):
Studio Pixel / Moonsong
Corran / Escape Route
Rare Candy / Cave Story - Plantation
Feño / Meltdown 2
Tackle / Grass Stains
Saturday night:
Divine Wrath / Welcome to Hell
Joren de Bruin / Polar Star Overdrive
Tackle / Ball of Ballos
DJ Dain / Never Die
Kris Davis / Island of Eden
k-wix / Rave of the Inferno

Temple:
ansgaros / Liberate
BlueScreenRemix / Midna's Lament Remix

WarioWare (all by M-H):
M-H / Power Bread
M-H / High Gravity Malt Beetle
M-H / Androgynity Compromised
M-H / Amethyst Artillery
M-H / My Other Jeep's Got Missiles
M-H / Blue Knight of Ballencetine
M-H / Union Alpha
M-H / Sandwich Nova

There, enjoy.

And yes, Meme Ware is dead. I've been getting a lot of grief about that...

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
So turns out we will be streaming a bit tonight :D
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jcaesar-brawl
LOL dangit as soon as we got pizza...ugh...we came back and were like "where'd everyone go?" ;__;
[shoutouts to Rikana, though, for watchin :)]
jcz streams are always infinitely better
I should watch them some time...though don't worry, in the coming weeks/months, Neko's streams will probably get a LOT better. The whole SoVa scene didn't even really know about him! Soon enough, though, more highly experienced smashers will be visiting Neko to try P:M out and you're gonna see some wicked **** =D Especially after all of us get the hang of the game (I can't wait til the Landing Detection gets fixed...til then, I'll have to learn the new timing..*shrugs*)

Good **** last night, Neko =)

Edit: where can I find Neko's videos once they've been uploaded?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
LOL dangit as soon as we got pizza...ugh...we came back and were like "where'd everyone go?" ;__;
[shoutouts to Rikana, though, for watchin :)]

I should watch them some time...though don't worry, in the coming weeks/months, Neko's streams will probably get a LOT better. The whole SoVa scene didn't even really know about him! Soon enough, though, more highly experienced smashers will be visiting Neko to try P:M out and you're gonna see some wicked **** =D Especially after all of us get the hang of the game (I can't wait til the Landing Detection gets fixed...til then, I'll have to learn the new timing..*shrugs*)

Good **** last night, Neko =)

Edit: where can I find Neko's videos once they've been uploaded?
Maaaaan why you gotta live so far away...

I'm really glad you've taken such an interest in Project M though <3<3<3 We should talk ROB:M sometime.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
DUDE I'm so stoked about ROB:M because for real? Seemed MAD janky at first...but duuuude the kid's a BEAST when I really think about what he can do. People who will cry about this and that being overpowered are dumb because there is still PLENTY that can be done about his shenanigans and it's actually entirely possible to gimp him, whereas it was rather difficult for most characters to do that in Brawl.

Wait...is this the place to even talk about that? Sorry if it's not......

We'll talk.

But the sad truth is: I'm no less busy now than I was when I was in Georgia. :(
Now that I have P:M, though, we'll see what happens =D

Edit: and yeah, it took over 5 hours to get to your place last time ;__;

EditEdit: waiiiit wait didn't you move?! Where are you now?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
DUDE I'm so stoked about ROB:M because for real? Seemed MAD janky at first...but duuuude the kid's a BEAST when I really think about what he can do. People who will cry about this and that being overpowered are dumb because there is still PLENTY that can be done about his shenanigans and it's actually entirely possible to gimp him, whereas it was rather difficult for most characters to do that in Brawl.

Wait...is this the place to even talk about that? Sorry if it's not......

We'll talk.

But the sad truth is: I'm no less busy now than I was when I was in Georgia. :(
Now that I have P:M, though, we'll see what happens =D

Edit: and yeah, it took over 5 hours to get to your place last time ;__;

EditEdit: waiiiit wait didn't you move?! Where are you now?
Get on AIM or the P:M IRC sometime and we'll chat.

Or the ROB social thread.

Slashy

Smash Lord
It wasn't removed...
In the latest backroom build I played at the tournament, pressing Z while crouching did an attack rather than a grab, unless I am mistaken in Brawl you would go straight to a grab.

Also, Dedede's inhale is amazing against people who have poor spacing, it works rather well against Falco.

Spoon~

Smash Ace
In the latest backroom build I played at the tournament, pressing Z while crouching did an attack rather than a grab, unless I am mistaken in Brawl you would go straight to a grab.

Also, Dedede's inhale is amazing against people who have poor spacing, it works rather well against Falco.
All you did was play the cpu, it probably only works well on them.

Revven

FrankerZ
You do realize that Z is also used for attacking now, right? As long as you're standing still or running though Z should either grab or shield. And this feature is also in the demo which means that you need to not be crouching while pressing Z. Exit the crouch animation and then press Z to grab. For example, you can use Z to continue your jab combo or use Z for aerials. The functionality of crouching to grab has not been removed.

In fact, why the hell are you using Z to grab of ALL the buttons in the first place to grab? You should be using R+A or L+A. Or, another question, why are you using one of the slowest methods to grab? Jump Cancel Grab is so ridiculously better than crouching to grab AND it's easy to perform.

Jonas

Smash Champion
In fact, why the hell are you using Z to grab of ALL the buttons in the first place to grab? You should be using R+A or L+A.
Uhm what? This is like saying you should use down + A to do a Dsmash out of a crouch or forward + A to do a foward aerial, not C-stick. The shortcuts are there for a reason. They make things more convenient.

To answer your question, it would probably go something like "because the Z button is there."

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Sorry a little late, but about Onett, could you guys make it so the cars don't do 30% damage, ya the cars may not kill, but going from 80% to 110% is a huge difference in a match. Preferably if the cars did 0% damage but kept knochback as to always interfer wall infinates and the such.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Onett is not a competitive stage and isn't really salvageable so we probably won't be messing with it much.

Revven

FrankerZ
Damage is directly tied to knockback so if you make it 0% knockback will either not be there or will be significantly less (which as it is the knockback is already pretty weak).

And what JCaesar said.

Msingh0

Smash Apprentice
Uhm what? This is like saying you should use down + A to do a Dsmash out of a crouch or forward + A to do a foward aerial, not C-stick. The shortcuts are there for a reason. They make things more convenient.

To answer your question, it would probably go something like "because the Z button is there."
I don't think you know who you're talking to... Falco would most likely rip you a new one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom