• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Slashy, they called it a demo but what we have is actually more of a beta.......the demo will come when the game is in a more finalized form

i don't see how it would work any other way

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
I've seen three pokefused avatars so far. awesome.

Also I did a wavedash comparison between the GC controller and the classic controller and noticed that the CC provided a longer wavedash almost consistently. I was wondering if this was code related or if i'm just doing better with the CC.

EDIT: Random sidenote, anyone who likes Blazblue:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=17208&Moderated=All
Blam. Just showing this off. I didn't make it.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Well, Brawl+ did end up really bad because they wouldn't stop listening to other poeple and ultimately were left with an unorganized mess. (And because it was not melee-like). To be honest, I feel things would go faster ifthey didn't have to answer to all of the repeated boundless complaints and questions.

Slashy

Smash Lord
Slashy, they called it a demo but what we have is actually more of a beta.......the demo will come when the game is in a more finalized form

i don't see how it would work any other way
If they actually give us a build with all the characters before release and let us all test them, then I would really appreciate it, ESPECIALLY if the clone engine is going to be used.

Well, Brawl+ did end up really bad because they wouldn't stop listening to other poeple and ultimately were left with an unorganized mess. (And because it was not melee-like). To be honest, I feel things would go faster ifthey didn't have to answer to all of the repeated boundless complaints and questions.
If I have an explanation (even three sentences) that's good enough. You forget that the PMBR has two builds to work on for balanced characters: Melee (for veterans) and Brawl+ (for newcomers), so for the most part I'm really only concerned if a mechanic or move is being removed (or nerfed) from both of the games.

So far from the demo, neither Sonic or Snake or Lucas really received any nerfs that weren't already present in Brawl+ (Snake can still use a C4 recovery on large stages), and all other nerfs were either present in Melee (i.e. no tripping , Melee movesets). They even left in some Brawl+ buffs to the Melee top tiers, Sheik can roll out of her needle.

In a perfect match, the P:M characters should be better or equal to their Melee AND Brawl+ counterparts.

All my theory of balancing of course, solely my opinion.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I've seen three pokefused avatars so far. awesome.

Also I did a wavedash comparison between the GC controller and the classic controller and noticed that the CC provided a longer wavedash almost consistently. I was wondering if this was code related or if i'm just doing better with the CC.
You are most likely just doing your WDs better with the CC.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
You are most likely just doing your WDs better with the CC.
Well that's just dandy.

There was someone who mentioned making a light presses code for the CC (I think it was just someone in this thread). In my opinion, it doesn't need that. Everything is already pretty easy to input as is. I've actually quit using the GC controller because of how much easier I find inputs on the CC.

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
My only fear is that Project:M ends up like Brawl+ Gold (7.3) which felt like it was rushed, and wasn't done with any sort of care (since the B+BR was basically broken up by that point, heck had Brawl+ continued it would have been me and Count_Kaiser running the project).

-The game was balanced, but felt sloppy in how it balanced things (i.e. Metaknight's extreme tornado nerfs made it a useless move)
-It seemed that the stage selection was still being decided at that time (it was using an early version of the stage roster expansion code)
-It had crashes (caused by the Stage Roster Expansion Code)

While single player modes weren't the goal of the project, it seemed like blatant laziness that they didn't try to do something to prevent the crashes in All-Star mode, with all complains basically being diverted to "This is a competitive mod, and we know best."

That being said, I highly doubt that the PMBR will release a final build until the product was complete, rather than "close enough" like Brawl+'s final build, so perhaps these worries don't apply to this project. Also, the PMBR seems mostly static, there are not new project goals every week.
Thank you for your concern.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
If they actually give us a build with all the characters before release and let us all test them, then I would really appreciate it, ESPECIALLY if the clone engine is going to be used.

If I have an explanation (even three sentences) that's good enough. You forget that the PMBR has two builds to work on for balanced characters: Melee (for veterans) and Brawl+ (for newcomers), so for the most part I'm really only concerned if a mechanic or move is being removed (or nerfed) from both of the games.
how about we let the concern of an all char build being released go until all the characters are close to done... as of now what your posting is irrelevant

Vigilante

Smash Lord
To me, it's funny, because as soon as you meleefy a character, he is automatically buffed. But I do know that Brawl characters require a lot of work. They have to be nearly rebuilt form scratch. They are just done wrong and there is no Melee data to rely on.

Slashy

Smash Lord
I realized now that I shouldn't trust rumors about characters that aren't in the demo, like Olimar only having three Pikmin.

I'd argue that Brawl+ Sheik might be able to go equal to Melee Sheik, since they are nearly the same with Melee Sheik being faster, but Sheik+ having a better recovery, not to mention that f-tilt.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
btw did CCing get any improvements? or is the only thing holding it back is not being able to sdi?

and also, I recall Magus explaining how tilted f-smashes were read differently in each game. my only problem with the way they are read in Brawl is that, i seem to constantly do accidental low f-smashes now (Melee habit of always crouching for CC)

i think Brawl reads the control stick sooner or something or maybe the tilts are more sensitive idk

but its annoying and my Mario doesn't like it >:C

Dantarion

Smash Champion
If I remember correctly.
Melee decided it was a tilted smash when you pushed A, and Brawl decides after the startup animation finishes (charge release)

Ecks

Smash Lord
Guys you named falcon's stage "port town aero drive" it's "dive" not "drive".

Ecks

Smash Lord
How come you guys didn't add the music titles like jcz does? Time constraits?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
How come you guys didn't add the music titles like jcz does? Time constraits?
The Project M Demo does not have any edited music titles because only the installer(iirc) has any included BRSTMs, and if you did not want those BRSTMs, then you would have the custom titles but no custom music.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Lmao, i can't believe you are a tester.

Falco's bair didn't autocancel in previos revisions of pm (after porting melee physics obv)

And Mario's sh bair waveland is as easy as it was in melee

Yeah, now remember when the pmbr said it wasn't even possible because of LD
lol im not a tester. i'm not even part of the PMBR.

and

>previous versions

lol leaked builds gg

input based off previous versions should be moot lool

also are you using buffer? i'd be extremely surprised to see someone use no buffer but claim sh bair waveland is as easy as it was in melee, unless it was difficult in melee, which i doubt. i wouldnt know. i played doc and marth loool.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Didn't think of that. I can always change the names myself so no big deal.

btw Metal Cavern should totally include melee's metal battle song ^_^

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
lol im not a tester. i'm not even part of the PMBR.

and

>previous versions

lol leaked builds gg

input based off previous versions should be moot lool

also are you using buffer? i'd be extremely surprised to see someone use no buffer but claim sh bair waveland is as easy as it was in melee, unless it was difficult in melee, which i doubt. i wouldnt know. i played doc and marth loool.
thats actually the 1st thing i thought also... def using buffer if its THAT easy to them. Its def not as easy as it is in melee and i can do it without buffer also. The timing is waaaay stricter in P:M than it is in melee. GG on comparing the demo to a leaked build, thats just stupid lol

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
I imagine Ike would have a good matchup against fox, only because Eruption pretty much would mean Fox can't recover... at all, but then again Ike must be combo food for him so maybe even? Has anything been done with Ike besides his Side B?

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Ike is so much fun. loool. I might use him this weekend if people come over.
If you stream then please do, he's one of the other characters I'm interested to see, speaking of which I should maybe put up a video of my secondary character Falco, he's just a little hard to use right and I know my playing puts shame to his potential but mine as well since all my videos all I really use is Link

kaizo13

Smash Champion
i been playing alot of Link lately

idk wtf people were complaining about.....he is pure ****. I just hope his hookshot gets some love pretty soon

that's all he needs now

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
i been playing alot of Link lately

idk wtf people were complaining about.....he is pure ****. I just hope his hookshot gets some love pretty soon

that's all he needs now
Put up some videos!

And yes he's definitely better, idk about **** lol but he's good, Fox is a pain to fight especially seeing as my friend is slowly getting better, he gimps me with shine too much now so hookshot is no longer a recovery option lol

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
will project melee work with the usb loader? yes or no?

my wii's disk drive is broken so I can't read my physical copy of brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom