• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
My post was a plain English response to yours, I don't see what point I missed. :/

What I got from your post was that you don't think players should be able to do running Up Smash with the C-Stick...

Is that not what you were trying to say?
yes, and i gave good supportive reasons why "i don't think players should be able to do running up-smash with c-stick"

when your reasoning was.....it's not that hard to do

so i shouldn't be having to explain my reasoning when there is no reasonable counter argument (it would be like arguing with myself.......which i pretty much am doing right now >>)

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Your reasoning was... that players are using Up Smash out of a run more (though you didn't provide any examples) and that the reason for it was C-Stick running Up Smash, right?

In my experience, running Up Smash in Melee is VERY easy anyway... So I think you're just seeing things to be honest :/

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
it's in plain English my friend......if u can't understand that, i'm not sure how else to explain it
I think I mixed your intended argument with the opposite of what you were intending to say.

Your reasoning was... that players are using Up Smash out of a run more (though you didn't provide any examples) and that the reason for it was C-Stick running Up Smash, right?

In my experience, running Up Smash in Melee is VERY easy anyway... So I think you're just seeing things to be honest :/
It doesn't help much though. Esp. Marth. Ever try with him? Epic fail.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Grim, i can almost guarantee you that, even the PMBRs that are against removing U-smash C-stick can see my points and that i am not "seeing things"

and i don't need to give more examples because it's easy to see how it affects the game

but i'm done for now, i'll wait for more feedback from different perspectives

shanus

Smash Hero
Grim, i can almost guarantee you that, even the PMBRs that are against removing U-smash C-stick can see my points and that i am not "seeing things"

and i don't need to give more examples because it's easy to see how it affects the game

but i'm done for now, i'll wait for more feedback from different perspectives
If an usmash is good, it will be used in situations where its fruitful. Adding the input of pressing down, then up cstick isn't going to change its use at all, it will be just as good as before. You don't really have an argument to base off of, especially because of how elementary this tech is.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I have never screwed up a running USmash in Melee.

Ever.

I say this with 100% absolute certainty.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
mk, well i guess that settles that

although i never said that it changes its use at all......i just simply believe that having that limitation/barrier does make a big enough difference making it worth implementing, especially in this project

EDIT:
I have never screwed up a running USmash in Melee.
that doesn't mean your opponent won't.....besides that's not the only factor, but the Man has spoken already

it is what it is

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
>Cstick Usmash out of Run

really...?

i'm surprised it even came up, but then again, no im not because this is the P:M thread.

there is no obvious benefit from removing it

any benefit anyone comes with is probably gonna be mad subjective lol

requiring one extra input to get an usmash out of a run that has an extremely small window for error is also mad dumb lol

****ing come on guys talk about something worth while

XkaruX

Smash Apprentice
I'm against C-Stick U-Smash out of dash.
Also, When you are hanging on the edge, then press jump, you can do anything almost immediately, im against that too.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Guys, we should remove C-Stick USmash out of run, it wasn't in Melee.

Coming soon: Arguments why you should remove Sonic out of CSS, a tech that wasn't even present in 64.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Moving almost immediately from jumping off the edge to me is fine. It adds edge recovery options. For Run and C-stick, what is the problem? it was in Melee, it was fairly useful. I won't start complaining like crazy if they remove them, but I'm not angry about they either. It doesn't have to be a Melee clone. I'm thinking more like an even deeper experience than Melee.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
lol don't u guys get tired of using "it wasn't in Melee" to shun off ideas/opinions? especially when it doesn't apply. It's old guys

but anyways, yea u can act alot sooner out of ledge jump now, which i see no reason to remove

but what about them wall jumps?

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
But then what's the point of the risk in GW's judgement? The payback in case Ike/Roy does a fully-charged Eruption/Flare Blade? You might as well take Pichu out of Melee while you're at it, Spoon~. The damaging moves keep all characters, besides Pichu, in check. For Pichu, it just makes him a riskier character.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I'm against C-Stick U-Smash out of dash.
Also, When you are hanging on the edge, then press jump, you can do anything almost immediately, im against that too.
>Cstick Usmash out of Run

really...?

i'm surprised it even came up, but then again, no im not because this is the P:M thread.

there is no obvious benefit from removing it

any benefit anyone comes with is probably gonna be mad subjective lol

requiring one extra input to get an usmash out of a run that has an extremely small window for error is also mad dumb lol

****ing come on guys talk about something worth while
IASA out of Ledgejump isnt bad either lol. you have way less invincibility versus ledgehop waveland, and you're also affected by percents when you ledge jump.

It adds to defensive options and mix ups in a 39character roster where a universal mechanic allows you to adapt instantly to any character's choice from the ledge and punish accordingly, and where there are far more characters with potent ledge traps than in high level melee.

ggs son get *****

Spoon~

Smash Ace
But then what's the point of the risk in GW's judgement? The payback in case Ike/Roy does a fully-charged Eruption/Flare Blade? You might as well take Pichu out of Melee while you're at it, Spoon~. The damaging moves keep all characters, besides Pichu, in check. For Pichu, it just makes him a riskier character.
Lol I think you missed the part where I was joking >.>

shanus

Smash Hero
lol don't u guys get tired of using "it wasn't in Melee" to shun off ideas/opinions? especially when it doesn't apply. It's old guys

but anyways, yea u can act alot sooner out of ledge jump now, which i see no reason to remove

but what about them wall jumps?
You can act out of run sooner via cstick :)

See what i did there?

kaizo13

Smash Champion
LOL u need to chillax Neko

hate to break it to you but......there ain't no prize for winning

EDIT: Smk.....i just got done messin with them, not sure if the traveling speeds are the same (they just "seem" slower)

but distance wise, the only thing is you seem to have to hold away from the stage if you want to get the full distance....idk if its a momentum thing, but you do fall short if you leave the control stick in neutral position, with Falco atleast

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Lol I think you missed the part where I was joking >.>
Derp.

You can act out of run sooner via cstick :)

See what i did there?
I sure did. *hands you a cookie*

What about them? They match... there's nothing wrong with them. The only character whose wall jump did not match Melee was Falco and that was fixed before the demo even came out. :|
What was the difference?

XkaruX

Smash Apprentice
Yeah because having more options is always good... I can't wait till you guys make Fsmash and Dsmash OoS possible, oh, what about adding 2 more jumps to every character? That would add more recovery options. Even if you say that you have ported the physics and stuff directly from Melee and that LD is not fixed yet, this game feels a lot easier.

Btw, i see you guys made jumps go higher in the demo so people can do stuff like shdl and short hop double fair with marth, even though you said you wouldn't do such a thing (MonkUnit).

Whatever, its your game you can do whatever you want, idm. I just hope it doesn't lose that melee feeling.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
btw, were WD's fine tuned in the update? i keep sliding of the ledges instead of grabbing them.

i'm guessin its just because they are a bit longer than they should be?

shanus

Smash Hero
btw, were WD's fine tuned in the update? i keep sliding of the ledges instead of grabbing them.

i'm guessin its just because they are a bit longer than they should be?
In the patch, WD distance match melee length identically.

Revven

FrankerZ
Btw, i see you guys made jumps go higher in the demo so people can do stuff like shdl and short hop double fair with marth, even though you said you wouldn't do such a thing (MonkUnit)..
Um, what? Jump heights match Melee exactly right now... soooo.. what's your complaint here?

You seem to be getting frustrated for no reason. :|

And kaizo, I'm pretty sure if there was really something wrong with wall jumps we'd know about it.

Edit: Really guys you need to chill and just play the game.

XkaruX

Smash Apprentice
Then why falco's bair autocancels now? Why mario can sh bair waveland? Why is shdl and double fair way easier than it was two months ago? (After you ported melee physics)

And no, im not getting frustated lol

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Yeah because having more options is always good... I can't wait till you guys make Fsmash and Dsmash OoS possible, oh, what about adding 2 more jumps to every character? That would add more recovery options. Even if you say that you have ported the physics and stuff directly from Melee and that LD is not fixed yet, this game feels a lot easier.
1. Having more defensive options when offensive options are heightened is part of balance bro. Due to certain things inherently being easier + mechanics / ATs from Brawl making offense more potent, having an extra defensive option or two isnt bad. Especially when those defensive options aren't even good in the first place.

2. lol y u mad tho

Then why falco's bair autocancels now? Why mario can sh bair waveland? Why is shdl and double fair way easier than it was two months ago? (After you ported melee physics)
Because Falco's Bair AC'd in Melee? hurr.
Because you're getting used to the game? derp.
Because you're tricking yourself into thinking its easier? herp.

The PMBR hasn't messed with character physics (especially Melee vets) since forever.

So really.

You're either getting used to P:M, or you're psyching yourself out thinking A when it's really B.

once again

ggs

That's still not possible son...
Not true. I was able to do it in 1/4 speed in training mode. It is possible, but the window is far to small to make it practical in real time.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
nvm

but Mario sh bair waveland IS possible TH....just really hard

EDIT: actually......not that hard at all o.O just did it 5 times in a row

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Ya'll got Ninja'd hard.

Step yo game up son.

ggs all dai

In defense of my fellow sonic user, TH. He doesn't play Mario. So he probably went off word of mouth from someone else, likely JCz.

XkaruX

Smash Apprentice
Because Falco's Bair AC'd in Melee? hurr.
Because you're getting used to the game? derp.
Because you're tricking yourself into thinking its easier? herp.
Lmao, i can't believe you are a tester.

Falco's bair didn't autocancel in previos revisions of pm (after porting melee physics obv)

And Mario's sh bair waveland is as easy as it was in melee

EDIT: actually......not that hard at all o.O just did it 5 times in a row
Yeah, now remember when the pmbr said it wasn't even possible because of LD

kaizo13

Smash Champion
yea Karu i noticed that....my guess is that they claimed to have ported Melee physics a little too early

Melee physics happened 7 months ago, do you really think they were perfect then? no, there were probably just things that they couldn't tweak back then until now

so thats why u may have noticed that, but rest assured they are tweaking them to be just like Melee

Spoon~

Smash Ace
I think its funny that every couple of days we get people who stir up the thread and can't accept that things are how they were in melee or just feel the need to complain about anything and everything.

Revven

FrankerZ
Yeah, now remember when the pmbr said it wasn't even possible because of LD
Remember when that was a long time ago and things have changed since then?

Here's what happened:

Around the time before the demo was going to come out (middle of January) Magus told us that jumps were off, SLIGHTLY off. Making things like Falco being able to FH to the top Dreamland platform not possible. He went through and found out what the problem was, gravity wasn't applying on the same frame for jumps as it was in Melee. So he had to go through each Melee character and adjust it (compensate if you will) to make their jump heights actually MATCH Melee.

So really, it's not an "adjustment" to make up for LD (which I assume is what MonkUnit was answering a long time ago) it was compensating so the jumps could actually match Melee.

So I don't know why you seem to be getting all bent out of shape because we said a long time ago that x didn't work but now does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom