• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevo

Smash Champion
I hit people all the time with DK's F-air in melee.
Partly because nobody expects to be hit by it, but then they do.

It has decent range and power. I could see it's kill power being upped a bit, but that might make cargo-up to F-air too strong a kill move.

Glad to hear it will not be sped up though.

Revven

FrankerZ
Atm, isnt yoshi's fair like extremely sped up? I thought that move was initially quicker than dk's fair.
That change is probably going to need some refining when we get to Yoshi at some point. The most important thing about it is how big the hitboxes on it are currently because of them not being resized to match his model size like the characters in the demo. Soooooo it's really rough like a lot of the characters are that are not in the demo.

Yoshi also was low tier in Melee by comparison so having his Smash 64 Fair helps him out a lot (but like I said, is going to need refining down the line). It was just a change applied early on to see how it is and hasn't been refined since it was made.

Stevo: Yeah, that's the way I feel about the move. It already has its uses, even if it's highly situational. Players don't expect it and when you land it you take advantage of their bad DI or terrible reaction to the move. Making it a spike is a subtle buff, I don't even know if you can really call it a buff but I felt it was probably the simplest change that wouldn't make it overpowering in any way.

Proteus

Smash Apprentice
Plus RAR already buffs melee DK by a huge amount without changing any of his moves. The spike on the F-air is a cool addition though.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
And he has a better shield. And shield-poking is different in P:M than Melee, which is a huge improvement to both DK and G&W.

D

Deleted member

Isn't Brawl DK's forward air more disjointed than Melee's?

I'm thinking that plus the newly given spike could be nice.

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
I would imagine he would since he has the same spinning motion that samus does in Melee. but then again he is stationary when he falls

Which reminds me if Ike will be able to grab the ledge while he is spinning (thats a question :p)... just like other characters like kirby can. I see no reason why he cant grab the ledge when he spins.

Synergy Cell

Smash Rookie
Alright, not to sound like a broken record or that I'm trolling. I understand how much work the guys working on project m have to do but, i still have to ask.

As far as the characters that were already in melee, how close to finished are they?

Then, for all the characters that are new to brawl, how far have those come along.

Also, how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

bleyva

Smash Ace
skimming for important posts has become so annoying now that the purple names are gone.

any chance the P:M developers could just make their avatars purple or something? :X

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
As far as the characters that were already in melee, how close to finished are they?
Depends on the character. Ice Climbers have had barely any work done, Bowser has had a lot.

skimming for important posts has become so annoying now that the purple names are gone.

any chance the P:M developers could just make their avatars purple or something? :X
Just look for mine. Alakadoof all the way.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Depends on the character. Ice Climbers have had barely any work done, Bowser has had a lot.

Just look for mine. Alakadoof all the way.
Nana's AI = derpier than most of my days.

Synergy Cell

Smash Rookie
Okay (again not to be a pest but...) i know this may seem like more work than what it's worth, and i remember reading that you guys wanted to release the rest of the characters at the same time. I doubt the project will be done by the end of 2011, which is good for me since i deploy half way through this year, but can you give update statuses on individual characters? i know you guys have it on your site, but i mean updated info so that the people waiting on the awesome finished project can have an idea of where you are at. A monthly update maybe? (maybe you guys are already doing it an i am just oblivious to it.)

I know it may not be practical but, it would also help quell some of the "ansiness" (sp?) that alot of people are feeling for the project.

Revven

FrankerZ
Having even monthly updates would distract us from our work as things are constantly changing and nothing is ever really concrete so it is pointless to bring constant updates about any characters we're changing.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Having even monthly updates would distract us from our work as things are constantly changing and nothing is ever really concrete so it is pointless to bring constant updates about any characters we're changing.
Not to mention all this hype this thread will be flooded by. All that hype will turn the THREAD into a THREAT.

Synergy Cell

Smash Rookie
I see, it was just a thought. Can't blame you though. Keep up the good work though guys. I am enjoying the product so far and i do look forward to the finished result.

Lolo_knight

Smash Apprentice
On other porjects (translation ones commonly) they put a status bar, only an image of a progress bar, to keep ppl informed as to where they r currently from the end of the project... I.......think its a good idea.. but yeah just a thought

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Nevermind, Link can't chaingrab, my brother just can't time a jump right and computer's suck

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Well, one way to know who is about ready is to look at videos on youtube. The PMBR have channels, and will only post videos of characters when they are ready to be shown. In other words, when they are near completion.

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman
As long as the character dojo gets updated once a month or so, I think it would sate most of everyone's hunger. At least mine.

Brian_Link

Smash Cadet
Depends on how they update. If they change (or don't change) something about a character from how it was in Melee (or in the case of Brawl characters, vBrawl), there is going to be somebody who will complain and think that the PMBR is full of idiots. And then there will be a multi-page debate before Bionic tells people to drop it. So I think that if text updates happen, they need to be major updates. Youtube videos seem to cause not as much needless debate as text updates. Just look at Zelda and how much effort was put into discussing her "lack" of a defensive game, which (from my perspective at least) seemed to be based on minimal experience or just theory.

Edit: My point is that when singular things are pointed out, there's a lot more discussion in comparison to a lot of things being pointed out at once.

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman
are there any youtube channels where vids are posted of the full (not demo) project melee? the only ones I know of are cubaisdeath, sn3ak, and jcaesar.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
nonstandardtoaster and m0nkunit, I think. The twins.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
all i see fox do now is u-smash and alot less shines........that's exactly why i was and still am against keeping u-smash out of run on c-stick

it might not be a huge difference in button inputs but as you can see......it's already showing how that little change makes you want to abuse the move even more

and it's not just fox, its good for everyone obviously but , look at zelda, does she really need an easy way to juggle heavies with u-smash? instead of having to mix in other moves

i completely understand that u can achieve almost the same results by just using up and A but its that execution barrier keeps it from being abused and most importantly, it creates room for error

(yes, people do make mistakes even when trying to do a simple u-smash out of run.........i know i do)

EDIT:
sry for bringing it up again but i feel that it would have a positive impact on the game

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
^I'm personally against C-Stick U-Smash out of dash. A lot of people in the BR aren't, though.
On other porjects (translation ones commonly) they put a status bar, only an image of a progress bar, to keep ppl informed as to where they r currently from the end of the project... I.......think its a good idea.. but yeah just a thought
Translation projects have a set amount of content to translate.
We cannot nearly as easily gauge a ratio of what is done to what needs to be done.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Grim, you're missing the point completely (ur reasoning is very poorly supported btw)

take another 10-15 seconds and re-read my post

kaizo13

Smash Champion
it's in plain English my friend......if u can't understand that, i'm not sure how else to explain it

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
My post was a plain English response to yours, I don't see what point I missed. :/

What I got from your post was that you don't think players should be able to do running Up Smash with the C-Stick...

Is that not what you were trying to say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom