• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GPDP

Smash Ace
No it doesn't work, go grab NeoGamma or Configurable USB Loader. Can't discuss much more than those two names here though, sorry.
Uh, the hell? It DOES work with USB Loader GX. That's how I play Project M, since my Wii now refuses to load Brawl.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
My Wii refuses to stay stable while playing Melee. It is very annoying at Smashfests. Everything else runs fine. LOL
-DD

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
SD card slots are pretty complex actually. When they break, they break. You're sorta screwed lol.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
How does that work/ You use a USB or something?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Pretty much. You'll have to go to HBC from WiiMenu and load Riivolution off a USB Storage Device and play P:M with a Disc as Riivolution doesnt support USB loading.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I'd get off the subject of USB loading, guys
My DVD drive is broken, preventing me from loading my RETAIL copy of brawl, you know, the game that most people spent $59.99 on @ midnight on launch?

I think I have the right to ask people how to load my legally dumped iso, thank you very much.

I'll get off the subject if someone would PLEASE respond to me via PM, AIM, or MSN.

My contact information is under my location.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Or you could ask on a site that properly works with those kinds of things.

You're on the wrong forums to be declaring your own rights, especially when responding to a moderator. There's plenty of other good places that will happily and openly answer your questions.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
or one of you guys could answer me instead of dodging the issue. =]

i also don't care if he's a mod. i bought the game. my wii's drive broke after warranty, so I have every right to use a usb loader to continue to play the game that i payed for on the console that I payed for.

I'm not going to pay $80 for a new disk drive when I can spend $70 more and get an entirely new system.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Hey, I'm pretty glad with how this game is working out but I have a very small general request.

Is it possible to make a code so that the C-stick can have a secondary function? Like right now it can act for instant smashes but is it possible so that if you hold down the Special button and use the Cstick, it'll act as a B-stick? Or if you hold down the attack button and use the cstick, it becomes a tilt?
edit your controls and set C-stick to specials or attack.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
wait, Mairo can SH Bair waveland? I thought he couldn't. I'll start praticing now.

As well, at first I thought he couldn't double jump double fireball waveland, but I found that he could by stricting the timing a little.

People should think about training harder before complaining, I believe.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
My DVD drive is broken, preventing me from loading my RETAIL copy of brawl, you know, the game that most people spent $59.99 on @ midnight on launch?

I think I have the right to ask people how to load my legally dumped iso, thank you very much.

I'll get off the subject if someone would PLEASE respond to me via PM, AIM, or MSN.

My contact information is under my location.
Actually you don't. It is against the forum rules to provide someone with the means for potentially running pirated software (which is why we also can't discuss how to install homebrew channel here).

But you do know we have a chat right?

http://www.gamesurge.net/chat/projectm

IYM!

Smash Lord
OK, i have days try to figure out what is Landing detection, but i couldnt.

Can some one explaim me this please??

many pages back some people here saids the the Link Landing detection is bad and those kinds of stuff. i couldnt say anything becase i dont know what is LD. :urg:

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Landing detection in melee is this. You are considered on the floor when your knees/shins are on the floor.

Landing detection in brawl is this. You are considered on the floor when your feet are on the floor. Technically, this isn't entirely true. The way brawl says you are on the floor is when your TopN bone hits the floor. Unfortunately, for some moves such as Link's Neutral Air, the TopN bone is not on his, let's say, hip, meaning he doesn't land on the ground on his hip during Neutral Air, he lands about an inch or so above the ground.

Melee landing detection is dynamic while Brawl's landing detection is static.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Yes, that is the point of wanting to change it. Some things have different ways or stricter timing due to brawl's landing detection. Such as mario's SH bair waveland, marths' SHDF, falco's SHL, etc.

Ripper666

Smash Rookie
IYM en brawl los personajes aterrizan antes que en melee por lo tanto es dificil pegarle a los chiquitos con ataques aereos por ejemplo el Uair de capitan y ademas evita que los laser de falco sean al raz del piso, cosas asi

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
"IYM characters in brawl melee land before so it is difficult to hit the little ones with attacks such as UAIR Areos Skipper and also prevents laser falco are the root of the floor, things like"

google translate fail

Ripper666

Smash Rookie
"IYM characters in brawl melee land before so it is difficult to hit the little ones with attacks such as UAIR Areos Skipper and also prevents laser falco are the root of the floor, things like"

google translate fail
Ripper likes this (y) i was telling him that in brawl characters land earlier than in melee (because of landing detection what monk was explaining xd) and that its hard to hit small characters with some aerials like captain falcon's Uair and that falco's lasers can't be fired near the floor

EDIT: there should be a like button on SWF xd

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Ripper likes this (y) i was telling him that in brawl characters land earlier than in melee (because of landing detection what monk was explaining xd) and that its hard to hit small characters with some aerials like captain falcon's Uair and that falco's lasers can't be fired near the floor

EDIT: there should be a like button on SWF xd
There used to be a like button WAYYYYYYY back in like 2004 I think. CORY would know. When was it?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I believe using the hitlag off of something to SDI into a ledgetech is what you can't do currently. I'm not really sure.

Synergy Cell

Smash Rookie
Yes, that is the point of wanting to change it. Some things have different ways or stricter timing due to brawl's landing detection. Such as mario's SH bair waveland, marths' SHDF, falco's SHL, etc.
It may sound weird but, i kind of like the stricter timing for some of these things. It may be partially because i can still perform them, but it's that a player now has to "up" their tech/timing skill a bit more, why not just being able to spam it as much. I guess more tactical placing.

I don't know if that makes much sense.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
While for some of the techniques it mostly just makes them harder, for Shorthop Laser with Falco and low aerials with many characters functionality is lost in not being able to perform an attack as close to the ground. It's not possible to laser someone who is laying on the ground with Falco with a SHL in most cases, for example.
That, and Link's landing detection during Nair is just ********. He teleports to the ground from like half a unit away from it...

Synergy Cell

Smash Rookie
Well in falco's case, not many people shot that low on a constant basis, though you are right the option was still there if you had the timing to use it. I never payed attention to links nair much though. I'm about to go check it out.

I will admit you're right, though i don't think it hurts as much as a lot of people think it does. If it can be fixed, more power to you guys, though if it can't be (which i'm sure you guys will) i believe players will still adapt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom