• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Correction, I meant to say *might* have found where to change things. If doing what I think needs to be done works then we'll be good to go. At least for standing techs.

EDIT: Nope. What I did does not work. Changing the line myself works but affects everything else. Putting it so only teching does it does not make it work the same. Looks like I either need to find another place to do this or just wait for Dantarion.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Who's going to be your main characters once Project M eventually comes out?

Myself, Im sticking to my Melee guns. In the form of the Ice Climbers, Peach, and Falco.
Hmmm...

Characters I'm thinking of are: Ice Climbers, Fox, Mario, Samus, Pokemon Trainer, Young Link, Yoshi.

Assuming Pichu is put in (with the design I posted ages ago), I'll definitely main him.

....is this really coming back?
Yes... :glare:

Are you just here to hate every single Melee-fied part of this game?

JOE!

Smash Hero
not everything, but im the outsider here, and from my perspective a grab that uses the faeking force to hit the guy from that far away, on a character that is allready very good without that perk, is kinda silly

Starscream

Smash Ace
not everything, but im the outsider here, and from my perspective a grab that uses the faeking force to hit the guy from that far away, on a character that is allready very good without that perk, is kinda silly
dealwithit.gif

Am I doin it right?

Seriously though, isn't the force grab in that gif a product of Marth's hurtbox extending during Dtilt and the grab box perfectly matching up with each other at that point or something?

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
It's a Forward Smash (not Dtilt), but yeah, you're right.

@JOE!
Why should we nerf characters when we can just buff other characters to their level? It's not like dis-jointed hit-boxes are a property unique to Marth's grab either, heaps of characters across every Smash game have them.

JOE!

Smash Hero
I dunno, I guess I'm just overley cautious with this stuff as I missed out on the melee scene, and when i see something like Marth's grab range, etc, that is supposedly "normal" for the melee audience, I seem taken aback by how you'd want to put something liek that onto a guy that can get so much reward out of grab anyways, and is even good without it....

*shrug*

Edit @Fandango:

The issue is that of aesthetic....

the same reason as to why Snake's tilts are ********: why the heck can his hit you with his knee from 5 feet away?

With that logic, we could just make Falcon's knee hitbox the size of Bowser and just say that it's natural cus other characters also have disjoints.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
First thing I hear when I start up the stream:

"Mari-EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR..."
Maybe, just maybe, something went wrong with tweaking all the constants.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
I dunno, I guess I'm just overley cautious with this stuff as I missed out on the melee scene, and when i see something like Marth's grab range, etc, that is supposedly "normal" for the melee audience, I seem taken aback by how you'd want to put something liek that onto a guy that can get so much reward out of grab anyways, and is even good without it....

*shrug*

Edit @Fandango:

The issue is that of aesthetic....

the same reason as to why Snake's tilts are ********: why the heck can his hit you with his knee from 5 feet away?

With that logic, we could just make Falcon's knee hitbox the size of Bowser and just say that it's natural cus other characters also have disjoints.

D-Tilt

Total: 49
Hit: 7-9
IASA: 20

Grab

Total: 30
Grab: 7-8

What happens in the gif....

Right Marth extends his arm forward (quite a long distance forward might I add) during d-tilt. Left Marth leans forward and extends his arm out to grab. Left Marth grabs Right Marth's arm (perfectly reasonable). Left Marth goes into grab animation, right Marth goes into being grabbed animation. This puts them both back at their original standing points, and the grabbed Marth is warped into the grabbing Marth's hands.

It's not so much a function of Marth's grab range, but rather how the game deals with grabbing extended hurtboxes. It's just that normally extended hurtboxes are accompanied by a hitbox, so grabbing them is rare (not the case with Marth since he leans forward or extends some limb before attacking on pretty much everything though).

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I'll probably be maining Link, Mario, and Ike and then seconding Falcon, Kirby, and possibly Samus.

Phantom1987

Smash Apprentice
I'm probably maining peach (like in melee), charizard (because is AWESOME) ant pit (depending how it comes out..)

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Link/Falco/Pit maybe/Marf/Roy(WHEN he gets in D:<)/Ike.

My main will be Link and the rest secondaries.

edit just in case: the 'When' is an 'If'. I was playing so no trying to stab me over it.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Young Link is not in PM. Only Toon Link and Link.
Having him too would be somewhat redundant

Just a vertex skin would be good, but the only good one out there has glitches when ported onto Toon Link

Ike/guts.
Ha, he is kinda similar, someone should make a guts vertex of Ike, it would fit over Ike's moveset just fine I think

Also, main will be Link and Falco, those 2 were my favorite in Melee

.Guu~

Smash Cadet
I'm most excited for Ivysaur and TL. DK, Link, and Ganon are people I'm also looking forward to playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom