• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Guu~

Smash Cadet
Indeed it is. Wind Waker was a great game. However, i do prefer the YL look over TL and there's really nothing you can say to change my mind. Saying i'm not fond of how TL looks does not mean i dislike Wind Waker btw. I have no idea where you got that from. <_<

Alright. My opinion is, seeing as it's a TL/YL hybrid, it's both characters and either model could be used. I prefer YL. The difference between YL and TL: M is less than that of YL and vbrawl TL. Just note i'm saying that we're allowed to have preferences without it being considered *****ing. I'm not arguing for YL to be in the game. But i guess it comes down to it being how the preference is stated and how the other person interprets it.

It's *****ing because it's a needless aesthetic change to the character that wastes the developers time, considering this is pre-release. It'd be more understandable to ask of this after the first beta is released or something. Just to make sure you understand; I'm not saying it's needless because I don't like YL's look, or think TL is better in looks, I'm saying it's needless because it changes no gameplay mechanics, and that finding a proper fix for the TL one right now would pointlessly delay the release.

@Crispy YL had really bad arrows, and I actually found the problem is with the trajectory. To get any sort of distance out of them you need to charge it, but with TL they go fairly far with just a tap. The firestun would be nice, but I must say I do prefer the trajectory.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
this link argument is ridiculous. no character should be represented by itself three times, even if it's three different iterations. they're all link.

sure, a franchise can get bloated (looking at you, pokemon), but a single character? you can't be serious.

past that, you then consider which of the three can stay. two is a fair number because people can look at link as a coin. you can consider one side of the LoZ iterations on one end, and the other side the back end. so, 2 stay, 1 goes.

after that, you must consider which are the best representations. so, we have the mainstay of the series, and we've got two deviants here. link must be available, because he's been in each smash prior as well as the main iteration for the less stylistic approach to the LoZ games.

it's between TL and YL now. YL was in melee, but TL was in brawl. since mechanically YL stays (mostly), it's about aesthetics now. who's the better representative, the previously known character with his moveset, or the newer character with his predecessor's? i'm on the end of TL. explaination: he embodies the other side of the LoZ franchise coin. YL may have seniority, but he's just not a representative of the games now. this may be a throwback to melee, but it's in this timeframe. 2.0 means the sequel of melee as of today, not as of yesterday.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
@Crispy YL had really bad arrows, and I actually found the problem is with the trajectory. To get any sort of distance out of them you need to charge it, but with TL they go fairly far with just a tap. The firestun would be nice, but I must say I do prefer the trajectory.
I almost never used them for the distance, it seemed obvious to me that they couldn't be good for that. Always tried to mix them up or in with bombs at a medium range instead. The fire stun was useless from a distance anyhow.
this link argument is ridiculous. no character should be represented by itself three times, even if it's three different iterations. they're all link.

sure, a franchise can get bloated (looking at you, pokemon), but a single character? you can't be serious.
IMO, an argument like this relative to a project like PM is faulty. PM isn't Smash Bros canon, or Nintendo canon. And it already didn't make sense having 2 Links. What's a 3rd?

Link, Young Link and Toon Link were considered as differently from one another, play-style wise, as the spacies were. If not moreso. That's what should matter more IMO, the gameplay. Cutting out one of the three Links cuts out one unique playstyle. (granted, Brawl already decided to make that cut)

YL may have seniority, but he's just not a representative of the games now.

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman

past that, you then consider which of the three can stay. two is a fair number because people can look at link as a coin. you can consider one side of the LoZ iterations on one end, and the other side the back end. so, 2 stay, 1 goes.

after that, you must consider which are the best representations. so, we have the mainstay of the series, and we've got two deviants here. link must be available, because he's been in each smash prior as well as the main iteration for the less stylistic approach to the LoZ games.

it's between TL and YL now. YL was in melee, but TL was in brawl. since mechanically YL stays (mostly), it's about aesthetics now. who's the better representative, the previously known character with his moveset, or the newer character with his predecessor's? i'm on the end of TL. explaination: he embodies the other side of the LoZ franchise coin. YL may have seniority, but he's just not a representative of the games now. this may be a throwback to melee, but it's in this timeframe. 2.0 means the sequel of melee as of today, not as of yesterday.
I almost never used them for the distance, it seemed obvious to me that it wasn't good for that. Always tried to mix them up or in with bombs at a medium range instead. The fire stun was useless from a distance anyhow.
argh, apologies
Double post and all is TLTR

Talk about MGS stage development, TL vs YL argument was already done a few months ago and all and all character development is not up to us.

If you want to flame it up PM or tinychat to each other.

Anyway... Did you get the idea of BigShell from Dream Mix Tv WF?

Sora-kun

Smash Ace

And there is an admittedly good argument for TL. This guy wins. Get him his trophy and let's be on our way.
-discussion ended-

edit: and i wasn't flaming >_>

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Double post and all is TLTR

Talk about MGS stage development, TL vs YL argument was already done a few months ago and all and all character development is not up to us.

If you want to flame it up PM or tinychat to each other.

Anyway... Did you get the idea of BigShell from Dream Mix Tv WF?
No. The DMTV version has too many walls.

Also some inaccuracies when it came to coloring.

It just came to me from nowhere after playing the VR Missions of MGS2.

I wanted a MGS stage that has no walk offs so why not the Big Shell bridges?

After planning the layout, I just dumped the textures from the game and built it.
It took a while, but it came out good.

The second version is way better for the sake of playability though.

G

genkaku

WOOOOAH
totally relevant, does anyone have a texture hack for squirtle squad squirtle?
'cause if so I'm totally going to main SS squirtle.

Speaking of which, has anything more been done with him since messing with shell shifting? He seems like he could do some pretty crazy stuff in a melee environment.

Sulfur

Smash Apprentice
WOOOOAH

Speaking of which, has anything more been done with him since messing with shell shifting? He seems like he could do some pretty crazy stuff in a melee environment.
I have it on my wii. ie it exists. Google?

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Oh Snap. That requirement page update will REALLY help me with Lyn since the uninteractive collision thing didn't do a thing.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
So I finally broke down and uploaded all the brstms for the music that you all hear on my livestreams. Because I <3 you all so much :awesome: or something.

I'm not gonna list what songs are on what stages but I also uploaded the original (unlooped) mp3s so you can use that to preview them.

http://www.mediafire.com/?itd1m9r5456me

Enjoy.

Is there some other thread I should post this in? I don't actually frequent the Smash Workshop outside of this thread so I have no idea. I don't want this thread to get too clogged up with music talk.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
About the YL/TL thing... I wasn't arguing about anything... >_>

I just said "I'm gonna main Young Link". Then someone else said "Young Link isn't being added".

So I just brought up how I assumed TL was going to get YL's model as well as his play-style (which he is already getting) because we are making MELEE 2.0, not Brawl -2.0

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
So I finally broke down and uploaded all the brstms for the music that you all hear on my livestreams. Because I <3 you all so much :awesome: or something.

I'm not gonna list what songs are on what stages but I also uploaded the original (unlooped) mp3s so you can use that to preview them.

http://www.mediafire.com/?itd1m9r5456me

Enjoy.

Is there some other thread I should post this in? I don't actually frequent the Smash Workshop outside of this thread so I have no idea. I don't want this thread to get too clogged up with music talk.
Awesome JCaesar, always thought your music was cool... and I know there is a brstm site linked to the thread here on SWF. Here's the thread:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=245410

...and the site is linked at the top of the thread.
Not sure on how they'd want you to go about posting a personal set, since I think they mostly look for singles and full or partial soundtracks... I'm sure it's something you could ask and get a simple and timely response for though.

Btw, anyone remember this...

Big Shell is an awesome idea...

While we are on the topic of new stages... Ganon should have his own stage. I know there are plenty of LoZ stages, but non seem to fit Ganon imo. Maybe a stage representing the tower chamber from OoT. It could have stained glass walls that break very easily - characters can get knocked through them if hit hard enough - or rather the whole stage can fall apart like it does after Ganondorf "dies" in OoT. It should also have a floor that falls away like during the battle with Ganondorf. If I had any stage making skill and a nice computer I'd do this myself in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, I just have to hope this inspires someone...
Well, I guess someone came through lol... kinda...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO7OaVFAm5Y

Not real balanced at all, and not as detailed as what I dreamed up if any of you remember how I elaborated on the idea here on this thread... but here it is nonetheless. I'm curious... did anyone here have anything to do with this? xD

CORY

wut
BRoomer
thoghts from the stream (mostly the zss stuffs):

she may need a better kill move. if fox can usmash and kill half the cast at or around 100, it's hard to justify a "similar" build of character not being able to kill somehow relatively easily...

i didn't see much about her short hop height being tall (not sure what the relative difference is...) but if it is, how about making her down b (that's the command jump, right? been ages...) her short hop, let her actual short hop be how it is, and then have her normal jump, so she has three jump heights? it's kind of a convoluted idea, but it's an idea ;x

i like the overb whip pulling in, the charged b being able to basically be a lead in for her, and her aerial up b shenanigans, though.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
OMG that Ganon stage is incredible. Probably the best fan made stage I've seen so far. Someone make that **** tourney legal lol.

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman
No. The DMTV version has too many walls.

Also some inaccuracies when it came to coloring.

It just came to me from nowhere after playing the VR Missions of MGS2.

I wanted a MGS stage that has no walk offs so why not the Big Shell bridges?

After planning the layout, I just dumped the textures from the game and built it.
It took a while, but it came out good.

The second version is way better for the sake of playability though.
Yea DMTV Had some horrible plat and hang climb layout. I liked the first one so Im most likely going to like the 2nd one, ive just couldn't stand the giant wall in the way :3

WOOOOAH
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=7954

If you ask politely on the vertex request form someone my make the kamina glasses on squirtle ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO7OaVFAm5Y

Not real balanced at all, and not as detailed as what I dreamed up if any of you remember how I elaborated on the idea here on this thread... but here it is nonetheless. I'm curious... did anyone here have anything to do with this? xD
Mewtwo2000 Is amazing. I wonder how the PM wizards will handle this into tournament standards while keeping the sexiness that is the opening and floor falling.

... that just kodaked the moment...

D

Deleted member

So it seems the whole toon link young link fight has ended. But I thought of a really funny joke while I was reading about it 10 pages ago so I have to say it.

Ahem.

What? They aren't putting Young Link back in? Quick, tell the 2 people that care!!!

Also, I envy Frozen Hobo and his magnificent pictures.

EDIT: That last part isn't part of the joke btw.

TheGreatLamenter

Smash Rookie
ick3 needs no sympathy with your "hax" and "codez"

He is too much of a man. I made my profile picture myself and I didn't need any fancy shmancy fotoshup majicks for it and it is a purrfect work of fantastical art.

u jelly

TeiunBomb

Smash Apprentice
Sweet, thanks. I'm a perfectionist when it comes to looping music, so the original files are much welcome, and it saves me trouble of hunting down what I don't already have myself.

ZSS' blaster should auto charge like in Zero Mission.
Agreed.

I watched a bit of the stream. It may just be me, but Zamus seems to be having a bit more trouble killing than usual. Also not a huge fan of the Side B "GET OVER HERE!" but I see where it can be useful.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Continuing the subject of adding stages, I definitely think the subspace emissary stage in Mewtwo 2000's hacks should be included. Specifically this one:

http://kc-mm.com/?p=4160#more-4160

It's in the bottom left corner of the pic. It looks really beautiful and has a great, unique layout. It also adds a subspace stage to the roster, which I'm surprised wasn't there in the first place.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I remember that. I was the original porter of that stage back in 2009.
The BG had a bug where it would face the wrong way.
Also, we couldn't cchange collisions back then so no ledges.

Advancements were made when my internets were down for a while so Hotdogturtle or someone fixed the ledges and then Mewtwo2000 fixed the BG.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
So it seems the whole toon link young link fight has ended. But I thought of a really funny joke while I was reading about it 10 pages ago so I have to say it.

Ahem.

What? They aren't putting Young Link back in? Quick, tell the 2 people that care!!!

Also, I envy Frozen Hobo and his magnificent pictures.

EDIT: That last part isn't part of the joke btw.
Funny to who? <_< I didn't even remotely laugh. Ohhh right.. Funny to you.. The best jokes are the ones that are only funny to the one who tells them.. owait..
I don't bash your preference for stupid jokes on an argument that has ended so don't bash our preference for YL.

4/10. <_<
/mad
edit:-notatyousodon'tflatteryourself
edit2: That ganon stage made my jaw drop. the song combined with that stage is the best thing ever.

shanus

Smash Hero
Here is the end any YL argument:

We are not devoting the resources to make him, so he isn't being added.

There, argument ended. Please don't bring it up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom