• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Yoshi and Snake will forever be my mains.

As for secondaries, Kirby, Wolf, Sonic, Ness, Charizard, Ice Climbers, Wario, Marth, Roy(If possible), and Pit.

I missed the stream...

Was a bug fixed or did progress happen, or did life get in the way of that?

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Ice Climbers

maybe Sheik/Peach for a few match-ups

edit: A lot of characters look fun, but I'm a boring person who doesn't care for variety.

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman
Having him too would be somewhat redundant

Just a vertex skin would be good, but the only good one out there has glitches when ported onto Toon Link

Ha, he is kinda similar, someone should make a guts vertex of Ike, it would fit over Ike's moveset just fine I think
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=15314.0

Im 80% done. Hes buffed in arms and chest, has the sword, the armor (If someone could morph the chest plate I would make daggers. but still working on hair and face(Need eye closed) and then a bit of cleaning. :)
Ill also be making Griffith and a Feast of damnation stage (Idea in the palm of the godhand pillar).

Im also close to getting help with a psa wiz to give him shieks needles and an arm canon ;)
After this, ill work on a Ushio and Tora project ;) but I wont stop making berserk chars.

Gurunbeld confirmed for PM 2012.
:alakadoof:

But on topic, Has anyone tried young link model over adult link? It might be the best to use if the clone engine comes to being. I dont care much due to toon link being less then a clone of link but Y.Link milk bottle was the best taunt ever.
Milk bottle taunt on adult link?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
TL has like the same body structure build as Yink, it'd be pointless to have two of the same character.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
TL has like the same body structure build as Yink, it'd be pointless to have two of the same character.
What if Nintendo had this mentality when they invented Luigi? Where would we be now?!?

I'll probably be maining Marth/Falco just like Melee. I might pick up Link though, since he'll finally be viable :)

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
But we already have Ike and Ganon ;)

I'll definitely be sticking to Falco when P:M comes out for almost everything, having Sonic and Charizard as secondaries for match ups that are completely ********, and Marth on the rare occasion I can't use either of those three characters (which so far is limited to none atm).

But I will be taking up Metaknight, Ivysaur, and Ganon as professional troll characters in friendlies.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
what about 2.0 don't you understand?
The part where we exclude a character from Melee (the game you are trying to emulate), even though there is a pre-existing model hack that you could just put over TL, and that TL has been edited to be like... 90% YL anyway.

I was talking about having YL INSTEAD of TL.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
The part where we exclude a character from Melee (the game you are trying to emulate), even though there is a pre-existing model hack that you could just put over TL, and that TL has been edited to be like... 90% YL anyway.

oh ok i see, complaining for no reason

Revven

FrankerZ
It was already explained Grim that that model of YL doesn't work over TL without a **** ton of glitches. So unless you want a glitchy YL that ****s with people's heads YL will not be in the game.

Any character that doesn't have a GOOD working model will not be included in the game IF the clone engine gets completed without any bugs. *Hopes that made sense*

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
Falco/Roy has the same body structure build as Fox/Marth, it'd be pointless to have two of the same character.

/just saying

It was already explained Grim that that model of YL doesn't work over TL without a **** ton of glitches. So unless you want a glitchy YL that ****s with people's heads YL will not be in the game.
Not that it's related to PM, but wasn't that Twilight Princess YL model done over adult Link?

Revven

FrankerZ
Yes that model was done over adult Link and when they've tried putting it over TL it has a crap ton of glitches to go along with it. So until said glitches are ever fixed (if that's even possible) YL will be excluded since that model is based over Link...

.Guu~

Smash Cadet

First of all, they are not emulating Melee in its entirety. They are emulating the physics of the game, not every move, character, and even some of the physics might not be brought back (the wall grapple may very well be left out). It essentially going to be a sequel to Melee, but by your logic they may as well remove every character that wasn't in Melee. Let's just ditch Ike and put a Roy PSA over him because Ike replaced Roy.

Honestly, that's the most ridiculous thing. YL was a child version of Link, and TL is still essentially that, his looks is just modernized to suit the more known child Link of today.

Lastly, from my understanding (though I most certainly could be wrong), he's getting YL physics, or that similar to him, except he'll be buffed. There's literally NOTHING to complain about here.
Except if you're me and you think TL is a different character and should retain his floaty physics and playstyle but whateeevvssss.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
Yes that model was done over adult Link and when they've tried putting it over TL it has a crap ton of glitches to go along with it. So until said glitches are ever fixed (if that's even possible) YL will be excluded since that model is based over Link...
What's the issue with having that model based over Link? Wouldn't it be possible to modify it from there?
(With a working clone engine and all, of course)

.Guu~

Smash Cadet
What's the issue with having that model based over Link? Wouldn't it be possible to modify it from there?
(With a working clone engine and all, of course)
But as far as we know they don't have that now, and they might not, so there's no use in complaining about it until it's a possibility.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
But as far as we know they don't have that now, and they might not, so there's no use in complaining about it until it's a possibility.
Well yeah, but then it's also no use to talk about putting YL over TL. Because no one's saying to take TL out entirely to replace him with YL. EDIT: Oh brother, just realized that WAS what GrimFandango was trying to say. ugh.

And I'm not complaining, just asking why with that vertex hack that Link -> Young Link wouldn't be easier than Toon Link -> Young Link.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
First of all, they are not emulating Melee in its entirety. They are emulating the physics of the game, not every move, character, and even some of the physics might not be brought back (the wall grapple may very well be left out). It essentially going to be a sequel to Melee, but by your logic they may as well remove every character that wasn't in Melee. Let's just ditch Ike and put a Roy PSA over him because Ike replaced Roy.

Honestly, that's the most ridiculous thing. YL was a child version of Link, and TL is still essentially that, his looks is just modernized to suit the more known child Link of today.

Lastly, from my understanding (though I most certainly could be wrong), he's getting YL physics, or that similar to him, except he'll be buffed. There's literally NOTHING to complain about here.
Except if you're me and you think TL is a different character and should retain his floaty physics and playstyle but whateeevvssss.

Actually.. no..

Roy and Ike are different characters completely. TL is becoming a hybrid with YL. Some people (including myself) like the "child version" that isn't a cartoon with an oversized head. You're basically saying "NO YOUR PREFERENCE IS WRONG". It's aesthetics. YL looks better than TL in a lot of people's opinions. TL: M is part YL, so why not have YL's model(other than the fact that a good one for TL doesn't exist)? You can't tell someone that preferring YL over TL is wrong. It doesn't work like that.

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman
If the clone engine comes to being, wouldn't it better to just work it over adult link?

Im thinking PM DLC or PM:2.0 + dant rainbow turbo new generation III strike edition.

In a change of topic.... Is it possible for a tournament standard MetalGear Solid stage?
Maybe on top of the metal gear as a platform? and cyphers running about in the air as aerial platforms??
If no one does this I will attempt 2011!

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=15314.0

Im 80% done. Hes buffed in arms and chest, has the sword, the armor (If someone could morph the chest plate I would make daggers. but still working on hair and face(Need eye closed) and then a bit of cleaning. :)
Ill also be making Griffith and a Feast of damnation stage (Idea in the palm of the godhand pillar).

Im also close to getting help with a psa wiz to give him shieks needles and an arm canon ;)
After this, ill work on a Ushio and Tora project ;) but I wont stop making berserk chars.

Gurunbeld confirmed for PM 2012.

But on topic, Has anyone tried young link model over adult link? It might be the best to use if the clone engine comes to being. I dont care much due to toon link being less then a clone of link but Y.Link milk bottle was the best taunt ever.
Milk bottle taunt on adult link?
Holy hell that's just awesome, can't wait

.Guu~

Smash Cadet
Actually.. no..

Roy and Ike are different characters completely. TL is becoming a hybrid with YL. Some people (including myself) like the "child version" that isn't a cartoon with an oversized head. You're basically saying "NO YOUR PREFERENCE IS WRONG". It's aesthetics. YL looks better than TL in a lot of people's opinions. TL: M is part YL, so why not have YL's model(other than the fact that a good one for TL doesn't exist)? You can't tell someone that preferring YL over TL is wrong. It doesn't work like that.
I didn't say you can't prefer YL, I said they are different characters, and that difference is large enough to warrant him being called other than a YL replacement, just how Ike replaced Roy.

Then I went on to state at how I thought it was silly that TL was being almost morphed into YL physics wise, considering he is a fairly floaty character even by Brawl standards. But since he's being changed physics wise, there's no reason to ***** about how YL won't be in the game, and that since the model hack they have for him is very buggy it's likely to not happen.

tl;dr Toon Link and Young Link ARE different characters, you shouldn't replace one with the other.

Starscream

Smash Ace
Actually.. no..

Your opinion is wrong. TL > YL

Wind Waker is awesome.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace

Hey, I'm with you there too. Though I don't think that YL players have literally NOTHING to complain about. Personally IMO , there's a few things about the current 'hybrid' TL that don't strike me as YL enough in approach to his improvement and playstyle. That's me talking from the standpoint of wanting essentially a buffed Melee Young Link. (& a Melee'ified Young Link if the clone engine gets working)

... and well, maybe not "complain" so much, since so much of this is hypothetical anyways.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Wow, you guys are arguing over such a small thing. Toon Link is having Young Link's nair and attributes at the moment. AFAIK Young Link will not be added to PM. Also, you can't say someone's opinion is wrong. An opinion is a statement of what a person thinks, you can't prove that what someone likes or doesn't like is wrong. :|

.Guu~

Smash Cadet
Hey, I'm with you there too. Though I don't think that YL players have literally NOTHING to complain about. Personally IMO , there's a few things about the current 'hybrid' TL that don't strike me as YL enough in approach to his improvement.

... well maybe not complain so much, since so much of this is hypothetical anyways.
My main thing is there's no reason to ***** about aesthetic design yet considering the developers are hard at work on far more important things, and that's basically the biggest thing Sora was complaining about.

I'm actually a YL secondary in Melee, and while TL is different, I feel you could almost call him an improved version in his current form. His main differences from YL that are arguable as to whether they improved or not are his Bair and Usmash, iirc (This is assuming the physics are near the same, having not played the game I couldn't say for certain, this is just going by what everyone says). Personally I feel the Usmash is better 100%, and the Bair is completely datable. Everything else like the sword range, power, and even the arrows have been improved.

Honestly not every fighter comes back each time in a fighting franchise, personally, I would be for keeping TLs floatyish physics and all his moves, and having YL get remade if a clone engine is made usable, but I doubt the developers would want to do that, and honestly it's completely understandable why they chose to do what they do, and I'm really not going to complain about it.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Yes really. We will try and port as many codes as possible. As stated by someone "PAL is not your pal." PAL users should be able to use NTSC stuff as well. Hooray for porting codes. :bee:

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
I'm actually a YL secondary in Melee, and while TL is different, I feel you could almost call him an improved version in his current form. His main differences from YL that are arguable as to whether they improved or not are his Bair and Usmash, iirc (This is assuming the physics are near the same, having not played the game I couldn't say for certain, this is just going by what everyone says). Personally I feel the Usmash is better 100%, and the Bair is completely datable. Everything else like the sword range, power, and even the arrows have been improved.
My main issue is with the arrows. I'd like to see them keep the same trajectory as in Melee, but have a slightly increased rate of fire (ending lag). Fire-stun attributes would also be nice, but I'm well aware that's something that may not be possible (or easy to do).

Currently, the arrows in PM look like a semi-viable option when you're not already (preferably) holding a bomb, the boomerang is already thrown and you're on the ground far away from your opponent. And maybe for ledge guarding annoyance against someone who's knocked high up. I'm personally not a fan of that more TL-like approach to them, and think it'd be much better if Melee's ideas for them were expanded upon instead.

But from what I've gathered in this thread, I was one of the few YL players (he was also my secondary main) who tried to incorporate arrows into their Melee play. Largely failed, but it gave me some perspective on what was holding them back considering YL's physics. I don't believe it was their arc.

YL in Melee, IMO, should've been as much of a stun ***** as Zero Suit Samus also should've been. That's where Melee was headed with his fire arrows and bombs.

If YL isn't included or hybrid Link's arrows don't get changed, I'll still remain hopeful for PM ZSS.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Your opinion is wrong. TL > YL

Wind Waker is awesome.
Indeed it is. Wind Waker was a great game. However, i do prefer the YL look over TL and there's really nothing you can say to change my mind. Saying i'm not fond of how TL looks does not mean i dislike Wind Waker btw. I have no idea where you got that from. <_<

I didn't say you can't prefer YL, I said they are different characters, and that difference is large enough to warrant him being called other than a YL replacement, just how Ike replaced Roy.

Then I went on to state at how I thought it was silly that TL was being almost morphed into YL physics wise, considering he is a fairly floaty character even by Brawl standards. But since he's being changed physics wise, there's no reason to ***** about how YL won't be in the game, and that since the model hack they have for him is very buggy it's likely to not happen.

tl;dr Toon Link and Young Link ARE different characters, you shouldn't replace one with the other.
Alright. My opinion is, seeing as it's a TL/YL hybrid, it's both characters and either model could be used. I prefer YL. The difference between YL and TL: M is less than that of YL and vbrawl TL.

Just note i'm saying that we're allowed to have preferences without it being considered *****ing. I'm not arguing for YL to be in the game. But i guess it comes down to it being how the preference is stated and how the other person interprets it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom