• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
My stage folder takes up 204MB and my sound folder uses 541MB.

Topping 2gigs is tricky, even if you make an XML for Riivolution that contains support for B+,B-,BB,UB,2 custom sets, and P:M.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
I think i had B- B+ and vBwarl on my 2gig with textures and all in each.
Iirc, stages were the only thing i couldn't put in all of them bcuz sound folder... or the other way around.

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman
How big will Project M be? Oh right, under 300MB TOPS, and thats pushing it.

That leaves a lot of space for stuff.
Oh, and if you have an original disk, you can use Riivolution
http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Cruzer-Flash-Drive-SDCZ36-004G-A11/dp/B001T9EYFI
8 Bucks for 4gigs? Nice.
And if you manage to fill up 4GB of space with Wii stuff, I will be impresssed
[/I]
I toped my original 2gig due to I had a ton of roms on it and ps games and arcade games so then I moved it all to a 4 gig with riivolution... It diddnt show most of my custom stuff so now I have a 2gb smash dedicate card...and all is well :)
I stocked it up with over 100 songs, model hacks and stage hacks and it still has room to spare.

Random question but once P:M is finished, how will the public gain access? download via sd card and homebrew?
That and they are really good with stack smash so you dont need a hacked wii to play the sextastic mod they be brewing. I finally got it to work on my nephews wii so they can play B- and thats to tide them over for PM ^__^

So melee texturing? I like brawl textures a lot but melee textures.... >.> I like retro but thats just bleh... I need some zydrate.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
I dunno how to set loop points, so I expand my music to 8 minutes. The memory the song goes up to? SKYROCKETS.

Doesn't help I set the quality to 320kbps x__x I need to either learn loop points (looking for guides at the moment, using Audacity) or get a bigger SD card (thinking 8 or 16.)

Or...stop putting the quality at 320kbps XD

Ulevo

Smash Master
I have over a gig of music on my SD card.

Note to self, learn to use Riivolution...
On that note, what is Riivolution? Am I understanding correctly that it has infinite space? Does this mean that if I go over space limits with specific files, they won't freeze?

I'd also like to ask why not everyone is using it if it appears to be the superior alternative to Gecko?

Revven

FrankerZ
Some people have a broken disc drive and are forced to use the USB Loader method instead which Riivolution does not support.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
I dunno how to set loop points, so I expand my music to 8 minutes. The memory the song goes up to? SKYROCKETS.

Doesn't help I set the quality to 320kbps x__x I need to either learn loop points (looking for guides at the moment, using Audacity) or get a bigger SD card (thinking 8 or 16.)

Or...stop putting the quality at 320kbps XD
Instead of 320 kbps try using a variable bitrate, it'll be pretty much the same quality, but with a smaller file size.

VBR>CBR

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
So let's just say TH thought he was gonna be busy tonight, but it turns out he's not, and thus there is a very good chance of a livestream tonight...

Man I need a more cryptic way to say things like that.

D

Deleted member

If Street Fighter 4 had a 3 frame buffer, learning ANY kind of timing would be useless. I think the hardest thing in Project M that I can think of off the top of my head is SHDF with Marth, and I dont even think it requires perfect timing, there might be a 2-3 frame window
Try doing a double fair from the ledge as Marth.

Its hard enough for some people in Melee and without landing detection.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
JCaesar only streams matches, I don't think he can stream constants changing. Besides, if he were to stream changing of them, he can only make a GCT and he would have to make a code which he doesn't know how to do. Only way to stream the changing of the constants is to pretty much have a USB Gecko.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I can imagine TWEAKING ALL OF THE CONSTANTS while I'm playing.

And as a gift to all of you (and a result of us only having 3 people), we will be doing nothing but 1v1s! No items, Fox only, Final Destination.

Actually this is a good time to show you guys that I've actually contributed! I've adjusted the hitbox sizes and locations on some of the Melee characters (all the top/high tiers and a few others) to match Melee exactly. No more hitting with that invisible aura around your parts! Now you actually have to hit them with your fist/foot/sword.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I was at my college's conference championship and I completely forgot.

But yeah, what EY said. I'm certainly looking forward to whenever he does start on some of those LD theories though...

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Actually this is a good time to show you guys that I've actually contributed! I've adjusted the hitbox sizes and locations on some of the Melee characters (all the top/high tiers and a few others) to match Melee exactly. No more hitting with that invisible aura around your parts! Now you actually have to hit them with your fist/foot/sword.
you say it matches melee exactly, yet... no more hitting with that invisible aura?

D

Deleted member

Marth dittos are so lol.

I bet DDD grabbing Marth is the most ridiculous thing in PM.

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
Who's going to be your main characters once Project M eventually comes out?

Myself, Im sticking to my Melee guns. In the form of the Ice Climbers, Peach, and Falco.

vectorace

Smash Cadet
seeing as how ive played P:M i would probably go with my melee mains marth and falco along with some revamped like zelda i love her atm. but only time will tell who i will truly play.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Someone on the stream was ranting about how Yoshi's story blast zones aren't accurate.
Not sure if that's 100% correct or not, but I captured this anyway.

This is Melee V1.1's blast zones for Yoshi's Story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom