• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeKoLuvsYou~SeXii

Smash Rookie
Back to Snake 'cause I haven't read anything about him, replace his sideb with the H&K MK23 SOCOM .45 caliber pistol in his leg holster for snake no longer has a good projectile, unless he gets B- sideb o_O

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman
Back to Snake 'cause I haven't read anything about him, replace his sideb with the H&K MK23 SOCOM .45 caliber pistol in his leg holster for snake no longer has a good projectile, unless he gets B- sideb o_O
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghqgaMe_27s

You need to get your things stright.... his side b should be a manyan mangrove crab, go to the IRC to get info faster though, but this video should clear up your questions about snake.

They kept his moves and made him faster and nerfed his damage a bit.... he is still very ****

NeKoLuvsYou~SeXii

Smash Rookie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghqgaMe_27s

You need to get your things stright.... his side b should be a manyan mangrove crab, go to the IRC to get info faster though, but this video should clear up your questions about snake.

They kept his moves and made him faster and nerfed his damage a bit.... he is still very ****
Already witnessed it, I'm talking about the fact that almost no snake (FRIENDLIES!!!) will ever find a use for his sideb. Him shooting the pistol would be a good little easter egg, and besides where in the world does he pull out that missile launcher (irrelevant)

D

Deleted member

I see issues with Snake playing against anybody who can pressure him. He gets easily camped and especially so with projectiles. He can't throw grenades easily or set up mines/c4.

He's got a really good dash attack and a dacus to stop camping as well as a nice dtilt plus crawling though.

Alleviating his issue with a side-b that is a ranged projectile of some sort seems justifiable, but this isn't balance phase.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Hmmm... maybe someone will figure out C-stick DI???

Maybe next year???

Also, Snake's side B is bad due to it's lack of speed, on both startup and the missle.

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman
Already witnessed it, I'm talking about the fact that almost no snake (FRIENDLIES!!!) will ever find a use for his sideb. Him shooting the pistol would be a good little easter egg, and besides where in the world does he pull out that missile launcher (irrelevant)
dude like I said... they should replace it a kengrove crab...CRAB BATTLE!?

but yea that homing missle is about as helpful as a bag of cheetos and Captain E.O.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
I see issues with Snake playing against anybody who can pressure him. He gets easily camped and especially so with projectiles. He can't throw grenades easily or set up mines/c4.

He's got a really good dash attack and a dacus to stop camping as well as a nice dtilt plus crawling though.

Alleviating his issue with a side-b that is a ranged projectile of some sort seems justifiable, but this isn't balance phase.
Maybe side-b should be a repackaged Samus side-b? If it has mostly identical lag time to Samus's missiles, can be missile canceled, has no homing option but similar projectile air speed. Could help. Could be broken. Could be useless.

Snake is also a new breed of character. He thrives through controlling his enviroment and set ups. the only other character who could be comparable to him is Diddy (another character who can control the stage with projectiles) but ultimately Snake is a better example... and more reliant on that playstyle.

With that kind of strategy, Snake's weaknesses are obvious: if he is denied the ability/time to make set ups he will get owned. So I agree with you, characters that can pressure him will be his bane.

Bad match up/ counter pick predictions:

Jiggs: Jiggs's light weight and mobility will allow her to avoid a lot of what Snake has to throw at her. Mortars? Dodged. Mines? DIed away from. C4? Maybe.

But on top of that, Snake's heavy weight will make him a punching bag. He'll get pressured, juggled, and rested if he doesn't get the upper hand. To make matters worst, Snake has one of the easiest recoveries to edgeguard and Jiggs will take advantage of that like no other.

Falco: Falco is known for his pressure. He can go from lasers, to dairs, to shines, to more dairs, and more lasers, and the list goes on and on. granted, Falco's fast falling speed and poor airspeed can be taken advantage of by Snake, but in reality Falco's pressure game will keep Snake on his toes. Ultimately, this won't be Snake's worst match up but it definitely won't favor Snake if the Falco player is on his game.

Marth: Marth is pretty easy to combo, but thanks to a couple of other aspects this could be Marth's first (I stretch first a bit) high tier favored matchup. To start off, Marth's efficiencent combos + throws allow him to get opponents off stage quickly, but to emphasize that strength is Snake's interceptable recovery. Marth's disjointed spiking dair will chew right through his cypher. This will allow Marth to barely have to work for his kills while Snake will have to rely on his set ups.

Of course, these are bold predictions but I don't really see any other characters thwarting his playstyle (except maybe an aggressive Shiek, Fox, or even Link)

Nonethless, Snake will be definitely be high tier.

JOE!

Smash Hero
...you could always make him better so he's not mid-tier (same with anyone else who's getting put-down really)

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman
Well... The missle wont be easy to dodge anymore with Melee dodge so he can gimp people with it on thier way back :) In short period of time he could set up a nifty lil fort here and there..

that homing missile is to much of snake :( although its barely usable but you could say that for the pokemons down Bs as well... wait a sec...

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
snakes side b ***** recoveries from whoever is recovering from under the stage or horizontally... like spacies side b if you predict it or marth, ganon or falcons recoveries etc... just drop it over the ledge. it has uses.. ppl just don't use them

Sterowent

Smash Ace
ironic. a skilled snake was about as fun to watch as a skilled falcon. and bottom of high tier.

except this time falcon may be higher up, at least.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Pressure game is my guess. That and Snake's air game doesn't exactly appear to be stellar either. He's got fantastic setups and finishers though and that's what makes him enjoyable to watch, certainly.

I'm saying this all from what I've watched and read.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Lol I'm not kidding. All of the top tier characters will definitely have winning matchups against him. I can't know for sure about brawl characters yet.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Apparently Ike isn't exactly top tier material either? I'm curious, what's his Nair like? Does it still operate like vB/B+? I feel like a significant decrease in KBG on that move would really make JC QD very linkable with it and allow him to work in more Uairs and RAR Bairs.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Is anyone even trying to test Link's capabilities, like is anyone maining him so far to test out if he's actually any good or not on a competitive level, because it just looks like everyone is maining Fox/Falco/C. Falcon and not bothering to get good with anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom