• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jalued

Smash Lord
from the look of the bowser falcon game, it seems that bowsers odds of winning have significantly improved. Id say its 70-30 falcon now :)

its interesting how matchups will change too, for example in melee falcon-ganon is 70-30. But in PM im expecting it to be 60-40, cause ganon can now techchase falcon with his new sideB

hyped

kaizo13

Smash Champion
what are we talking about here? Melee?

cuz it's way too early to be throwing out numbers for P:M

shanus

Smash Hero
Well, it's also a testament to the fact that while Strong Bad is a good player, he also is by no means a Boozer/Ganon pro so there is a lot more unrealized potential yet for these characters.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
An offensive counter? That sounds like an antithesis. It should just get faster and be stronger or combo into something, or something to make it differ more from Marth's and Roy's; like giving heavy damage but low knockback or the contrary, being a setup to aether or something like that. It's not up to us to decide btw.

Make the last hit of the aerial mach tornado a sword attack, nothing important, just a animation change to look more like the original mach tornado. lol

I dreamed last night that I visited this thread and landing detection had been fixed.

So much hype while sleeping.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Based on Strong Bad vs Darkrain, I have made the objective conclusion that CF is overpowered against all the characters.

Seriously, you guys are talking about matchup numbers?
This is worst than Super Theory Fighter 4 on shoryuken!

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
He does make Falcon look pretty broken. And I only watched two of those videos.

So which characters are getting the most attention at the moment? And who's next on the to-do list?

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
I saw a stream of one of the pmbr using pit but the only major difference was that his arrow control was improved. As in, they were making full circles with the arrows.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Pit can wingcar cancel into final smash.

I forgot if it's been done yet but meteor cancel has been finalized, right? It would be cool to have a video displaying it if it is done.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Basically, the MC is less gay than it used to be and actually requires a bit of timing?

D

Deleted member

Well, it's also a testament to the fact that while Strong Bad is a good player, he also is by no means a Boozer/Ganon pro so there is a lot more unrealized potential yet for these characters.
I like the sound of this. Lots of untapped metagame potential within a game only in alpha stage.

I feel like Snake is also very good but has a high learning curve.

Can't wait to see how this all develops out in balance phase where all characters are nearing completion and matchup statistics can be accurately observed.

Edit: How does Darkrain like Project M? What are his comments?

V-K

Smash Ace
Would it be possible to code little dmg numbers that appear in the air when you hit someone? Wouldn´t that be pretty cool?

JOE!

Smash Hero
well yeah, theyve all been "worked on", but Im talking which ones have had anything "really" done to them if that makes sense?

NeoZ

Smash Ace
From what I understood, he's not asking who's done, but who's had significant work done, as in changed moves, fall speed, mechanics, etc.

D

Deleted member

I had an idea to make controls for gliding less clunky at start up compared to holding jump down in vBrawl. I dunno what has been done with gliding in PM if anything at all yet.

If there was an option to start a glide like Peach starts a float in Melee where you hold jump and hit down on the control stick, It'd save Pit and especially Charizard time on getting a glide up and returning to the stage safely. Maybe they'd even be able to combo with the glide attack or use it as a finisher for KO's.

Metaknight obviously doesn't need this technique though.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
I had an idea to make controls for gliding less clunky at start up compared to holding jump down in vBrawl. I dunno what has been done with gliding in PM if anything at all yet.

If there was an option to start a glide like Peach starts a float in Melee where you hold jump and hit down on the control stick, It'd save Pit and especially Charizard time on getting a glide up and returning to the stage safely. Maybe they'd even be able to combo with the glide attack or use it as a finisher for KO's.

Metaknight obviously doesn't need this technique though.
That's already been in for at least a month if not more.

Metaknight included :x

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Been away from this thread for way too long to play catch-up. I suspect a lot has changed but nothing at all, lol. Just from the bit I did read it seems things are still moving along and interest is still high - which is good. I'd like to see Smash Mods updated again, since, besides the thread, it's supposed to be the primary showcase/news source for character changes and the like - at least that's what it was meant to be. Still looking forward to this though, but trying not to obsess on the thread like I was :p I'll probably check in more often then I have lately in any case - (having a computer "die" certainly encourages less online time lol).

Edit:
Still have a tendency to unintentionally post either last or first on a page... *sigh* It's like I was never even away.

shanus

Smash Hero
Been away from this thread for way too long to play catch-up. I suspect a lot has changed but nothing at all, lol. Just from the bit I did read it seems things are still moving along and interest is still high - which is good. I'd like to see Smash Mods updated again, since, besides the thread, it's supposed to be the primary showcase/news source for character changes and the like - at least that's what it was meant to be. Still looking forward to this though, but trying not to obsess on the thread like I was :p I'll probably check in more often then I have lately in any case - (having a computer "die" certainly encourages less online time lol).

Edit:
Still have a tendency to unintentionally post either last or first on a page... *sigh* It's like I was never even away.
Keep your eyes peeled this month.

/hypetrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom