• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I think MomoSugar mains him and I saw JC use him in a recent video. Honestly, you can get a pretty good idea of him by taking what you know about him in Melee, turning up the speed on many of his moves, and improving his specials although I'd love to see someone like Germ putting him to spectacular use.

EDIT: @stingers, a guy in one of JC's vids. I think it was probably because JC's Link was handing it to Voodoo's Ike in that particular match. I honestly thought Ike was doing pretty good as far as his design goes which is why I threw the "apparently" in there. I'm curious if any players could say so (and I haven't been watching Ike thoroughly so that could be part of it).

JOE!

Smash Hero
Is anyone even trying to test Link's capabilities, like is anyone maining him so far to test out if he's actually any good or not on a competitive level, because it just looks like everyone is maining Fox/Falco/C. Falcon and not bothering to get good with anyone else.
Mission complete, just like melee! :awesome:

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Ike is definitely the best character in Project M atm, gamedominator. I'm not sure where you heard that.
Ganondorf may be, actually. At least one of the easier characters to pick up.
Is anyone even trying to test Link's capabilities, like is anyone maining him so far to test out if he's actually any good or not on a competitive level, because it just looks like everyone is maining Fox/Falco/C. Falcon and not bothering to get good with anyone else.
There's plenty of Link:M footage out there. He's not being ignored, Camelot and I just did the bulk of the development on him early on. I've been busy recently but I plan on revisiting him later.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Wait until they are at the balancing phase then bring this up again.

Time will tell if this becomes more obvious what the issue is.

It MIGHT be the fact that those 3 are more familiar to this enviornment and don't know how other characters would fare. I could imagine Wario's Bite being Amazing against say, the space animals.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Ganondorf's not very good, and I play with a PRed Ganon main in NC all the time. (And don't even try to say that doesn't mean anything, because sans the few times a year when pros get to play this at big tournaments, he's the best person that gets to play it...definitely the best to play it regularly).

But it hasn't been balanced yet, so that doesn't really matter

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
True, I'm more interested in each character's technical gameplay styles being finalized where balance will be as simple as adjusting values. Hopefully, balance will never have to be more than that when the time comes.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Falcons getting really overrated here. It seems like a lot of people dont know why falcon wasnt amazing in melee. I can guarentee you if SB played gayer darkrain wouldnt have ***** as hard, but who wants to play gay in casuals ya know? IIf Falcons only good approach is his nair again i can surely say there is no way in hell he's one of the best characters.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Link is fine. Ness is the one who anyone should be worried about. So far, all I know is that he got back DJC. And he had that in melee and was still crap.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Etwist....

The good melee characters are going to have their EXACT melee hitboxes. Then there's falcon's other minor buffs like side B being able to grab the ledge and up B having much larger grab range (that may or may not stay).

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman
Link is really good and Im going to main him again. His old bomb physics are back and his boomerange dosent suck and spin attack is back to what it use to be <3

Hes faster and isnt a duck... honestly I think I woulld want to see lord HDL play new link :D
I learned all my ticks from him and added germ tank style to my link. Which I wish I saw HDL vd Germ... I know the outcome but still wish I did see I wish...

Thier melee link model makes it even better XD

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
Wtf is with all this tier talk? The game isn't even out yet, get this low/mid/high tier bs outta here. There are only characters who are ****ing stupid or not ****ing stupid (and the ****ing stupid ones will be fixed in time I'm sure).

I hate all of you.

Except Stingers.

<3

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I'm pretty sure Pound 5 is in fact happening. *checks thread* Yup, hasn't been canceled.

Oh and I'll be there so you should go.

Zef

Smash Ace
Was the Melee edgehog thing added? Where you would roll off the ledge and the opponent couldn't grab it for like, 2 seconds after you're up?

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Quick question, does Ike's bair semi-spike? I believe I have seen it having a similar effect in a gameplay vid but I can't remember.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Oh yeah, it probably has something to do with ledge occupancy.
There is a way to solve this. You know how the get up animations from the ledge change once your character is past 100%? Simply make it so that the player can willingly choose between animations.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Link's Fair has the same melee startup speed right? I think bwarl's started up slower but i'm not sure. I also wonder if it has the same KB on the second slash as in melee? Or does it have a little bit more?

Love how it kept bwarl's spinning speed <3

edit:
There is a way to solve this. You know how the get up animations from the ledge change once your character is past 100%? Simply make it so that the player can willingly choose between animations.

wouldn't that make fawkx better?
and it would punish people with faster getup animations.

and some other stuff that i'm not in the position to think of right now.
maybe make a third getup animation that has uniform frame data throughout the cast that you can use while you're below 100 or something
then you lose the option and automatically do the 100 getup after that?

my suggestion probably would be bad actually @_@ but i'm just going with it.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Link's Fair has the same melee startup speed right? I think bwarl's started up slower but i'm not sure. I also wonder if it has the same KB on the second slash as in melee? Or does it have a little bit more?

Love how it kept bwarl's spinning speed <3

edit:

wouldn't that make fawkx better?
and it would punish people with faster getup animations.

and some other stuff that i'm not in the position to think of right now.
maybe make a third getup animation that has uniform frame data throughout the cast that you can use while you're below 100 or something
then you lose the option and automatically do the 100 getup after that?

my suggestion probably would be bad actually @_@ but i'm just going with it.
I'm not understanding how it would make Fox better, or punish faster animations? Maybe I'm not thinking clearly right now myself.

Anyway, my thoughts were to just allow players to use either slow roll animation or fast roll animation from the ledge below 100%, then once they're past 100%, they lose the ability to use the fast roll animation as usual.

I'm not sure how the ledge occupancy frame rates compare to that of a slow roll animation from the ledge, so this idea could be a bad one. Just throwing out suggestions.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Really hoping Link's Fair is just like Melee/64 (preferably the latter as it killed sooner). Brawl+ Fair was kind of dumb.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
I'm not understanding how it would make Fox better, or punish faster animations? Maybe I'm not thinking clearly right now myself.

Anyway, my thoughts were to just allow players to use either slow roll animation or fast roll animation from the ledge below 100%, then once they're past 100%, they lose the ability to use the fast roll animation as usual.

I'm not sure how the ledge occupancy frame rates compare to that of a slow roll animation from the ledge, so this idea could be a bad one. Just throwing out suggestions.
iirc fox has a really long 100% ledge get up animation thus it would make him a more proficient edge hogger and characters with faster ones would be less proficient. Well.. i'm sure anyone's get up animation at 100 could edgehog just fine but fox would have a much larger room for error or something.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Heh, good. I even ended up changing the values myself in my B+ set because I was tired of how meh it felt.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
so Zelda's dins don't delay each other anymore? it seems alot more useful now. I approve

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
So... somebody was somehow able to find data about hitbox knock-back / trajectory etc. for every attack. How was this done? Open up melee with a hex editor and start following offsets?

I want the real stage collisions. Is there some way for extracting the files from the melee iso?

Kati

Smash Lord
Was the Melee edgehog thing added? Where you would roll off the ledge and the opponent couldn't grab it for like, 2 seconds after you're up?
*in favour of having to kill by smashing/intercepting*

professional melee play always puts me off when I see that... such an energy drainer for the fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom