• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantom1987

Smash Apprentice
As pit will most likely lose his up-B.. Could he get something like peach's float with his old Up-B characteristics but obviously without the vertical gain (if its possible, with the wind at the beggining). This way pit could keep his old "wind push" (dunno how it's called >_>) and Wing of icarus cancels technique and have a descent Up-B.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
you didnt answer my question. Is it like cf/link/ganon/yoshi where you just have to do a quater circle motion or is it like everyone else where you have to walk first in order to moonwalk?

ynnek123

Smash Ace
As pit will most likely lose his up-B.. Could he get something like peach's float with his old Up-B characteristics but obviously without the vertical gain (if its possible, with the wind at the beggining). This way pit could keep his old "wind push" (dunno how it's called >_>) and Wing of icarus cancels technique and have a descent Up-B.
Lol this actually sounds like a pretty nice idea to me

Sterowent

Smash Ace
well, pit's upB is workable, i think, in a number of ways.

1. perhaps the length of it stays, but gravity forces the long beginning to be even longer. this way, he could use it to slow his momentum from above, like his glide, but with more options. and if he's recovering from below he's probably going to have a hard time getting back much like the rest of the cast. one hit on it and he's done, so he must recover from a distance away. because of the extra gravity, though, the height gained is less and the beginning eats up more of its duration.

i don't like this one myself. it's the length. watching a character take forever to return slows the game down. pit isn't samus.

2. cut out some of the beginning and the end of it. make it more modest of a height given, but in a shorter period of time. maintain whatever ATs he needs in the first 10 or so frames, since those sound like the key frames in all of them. this way, you can nerf the height gained, but buff the tempo of his recovery. he still won't be easy to deal with, but pit looked originally as though he was supposed to have an above par recovery. this way, you keep that but also nerf it in some regards while making it fit a little more.

some suggestions. of course, yeah, it could be replaced too, if it doesn't work out.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I wouldn't mind sonic drowning after 120 frames. lololol

More importantly, I am trying to remove the spiking part of pirate ship, I am having little luck right now. As we all know, hitboxes are attached to bones, the bone in the front of the ship was ShinukiHeadN, Shibuki means splash in japanese, and ShibukiHeadN is the ONLY bone in that front bow area where it spikes. I renamed it and it did not remove the spike, it gave me this.
http://i55.tinypic.com/k3kqdf.png
I am trying to remove the spiking because I am going to try and make pirate ship with melee water, but i need to remove the spike to make the melee water legit imo.
That looks like the bone that controls the location of the moving water in front of the ship (since it's separate from the main water). I don't think it has anything to do with the spike hitbox/collision.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
That looks like the bone that controls the location of the moving water in front of the ship (since it's separate from the main water). I don't think it has anything to do with the spike hitbox/collision.
Yeah, that is what it seems to be. ShibukiHeadN is what controls where the foamy water in front is located.(the foamy water is attached to ShibukiHeadN) What confuses me is WHERE the hitbox is attached/located. The ONLY bone that is in the front bow of the ship is ShibukiHeadN and that did not remove the spike.

Krautrock

Smash Apprentice
What do people think about buffing Ike's counter? I've always liked the idea of counters but they've never been good enough to see more than extremely situational use. I'd really like to see one that is used offensively as a staple move in a character's arsenal. I'm not exactly sure how to make that happen without encouraging overly defensive play/making the move blatantly overpowered... but I'm sure something could be worked out.

Obviously Marth doesn't need it, but a counter buff could add an interesting new element to Ike's gameplay. (Or Roy's, assuming he returns.) If Lucario's aura powerup is tossed, a buff to his original counter could be explored as well.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/user/JCaesar007

I'm uploading some videos. I had a bunch of Voodoo's Bowser (which is really good) but sadly all the replays of Bowser desynced and I couldn't figure out how to fix it :ohwell:
:urg: Could've used some Bowser vids today. But hey, I love how DK is coming along. He looks all around well built and from how Voodoo was using him, it looks like all of his attacks are applicable almost all the time.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I think a good pit Up b would be him pulling his wings out and then him twirling around in a circle and shooting straight up. sort of like gaws up b if gaw had a 3rd dimension in his body (and twirled in a circle). or I guess it's exactly like charizards.

and then angel dust should kind of appear as a special effect while he's twirling up because he has his angel wings out. it wouldn't do anything but it'd look really cool.

what do you guys think??

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
so everyone has a moonwalk. Eh thats pretty cool i guess.
it's based on their attributes. characters such as ZSS and the characters that couldn't really in Melee aren't really able to without walking or wavedashing first e.g. marth, fox, sheik, etc.
DK's will probably be nerfed soon. otherwise, what's the point in trying?
i don't understand the point of this. we can't nerf individual moonwalks. additionally, his moonwalk is barely better than it was in Melee.

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman
What do people think about buffing Ike's counter? I've always liked the idea of counters but they've never been good enough to see more than extremely situational use. I'd really like to see one that is used offensively as a staple move in a character's arsenal. I'm not exactly sure how to make that happen without encouraging overly defensive play/making the move blatantly overpowered... but I'm sure something could be worked out.

Obviously Marth doesn't need it, but a counter buff could add an interesting new element to Ike's gameplay. (Or Roy's, assuming he returns.) If Lucario's aura powerup is tossed, a buff to his original counter could be explored as well.
hmmm ditch the counter and give ike a gun.... that way he'll be ready for the zombie Apocalypse... while were at it... we can ditch the aura buff and replace it with a sex kick :awesome:

*sob* missed the stream :(

Phantom1987

Smash Apprentice
So what is going to be done with pit? Personally I think that my float idea would fit well pit and would not alter so much the play style (or not in a bad way :p)

Ikes counter should be like Ragnas counter... that **** was sexy XD

I R MarF

Smash Ace
I think a good pit Up b would be him pulling his wings out and then him twirling around in a circle and shooting straight up. sort of like gaws up b if gaw had a 3rd dimension in his body (and twirled in a circle). or I guess it's exactly like charizards.

and then angel dust should kind of appear as a special effect while he's twirling up because he has his angel wings out. it wouldn't do anything but it'd look really cool.

what do you guys think??
I agree with you. I remember a while back I suggested pit should have a zard recovery but I remember it being poorly recieved by the PM team. Idk if that is different now.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
i don't understand the point of this. we can't nerf individual moonwalks. additionally, his moonwalk is barely better than it was in Melee.
was a joke. you know, it's barely there. unless his moonwalk was actually useful to his melee game and i didn't know about it, in which case it might've not been that obvious...

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
in some of the recent vids TH's tech skill has come so far and it really makes me feel like this is definitely gonna be the bridge for brawl and melee players even more

JOE!

Smash Hero
Speaking of Zard recovery, gravity was increased, right? Are his allready tiny id-air jumps gonna be buffed a bit to help him out?

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman
Honestly I think his fly ability makes him unique. Taking that away would be like taking away diddys nanas, lucarios aura, toon links cat eyes ect ect, so I agree with gravity increase and shorter flight distance.

Hes pretty vulnerable so maybe shooting arrows while in flight or a little super armor.

Its your call though, but more importantly.... he needs a voice change ;A;

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Pit should be better...aside from that I don't care. I can't really complain reasonably about Marth anymore after seeing more vids of him with fixed throws and stuff. His Spike animation and Fox's Upsmash animation seem a bit...........someone finish this for me.

Aside from that all other problems I have can't be solved without solving landing detection. Aside from that things just keep getting better.

Kati

Smash Lord
A soundpack with him lacking every sound would be great. After that... well, that is the only important issue.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
So what is going to be done with pit? Personally I think that my float idea would fit well pit and would not alter so much the play style (or not in a bad way :p)
There's currently little work done on Pit. Sorry bro.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
universal??? I dont like that. Is it link/cf/yoshi/ganon moonwalks or the walk first then moonwalk everybody else in melee has to do?
it's the exact same way you do it in melee. some characters can moonwalk just like falcon and ganon. other characters like Fox have to walk first for momentum.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ewC_KIDSRtc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ewC_KIDSRtc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

First of like... 10 vids? Uploading a sexy Falcon ditto now. Subscribe kthxbai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom