• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
ruth's joking, right? I'm about to join the party and throw another picture of that face in.

G

genkaku

Wait until you have a copy, play until you know what you're talking about through and through, then complain.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Ike's counter is to Ganon's crouch cancel wizard's foot like Jig's rest is to Fox's crouch cancel uSmash.

Discuss.

Edit: team rocket blasting off at the speed of light
surrender now or prepare to fight

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I have a feeling this project would have been done by now if all the trolling and **** hadn't ever started.

Anyone else up for a project:m social thread for us to go while the devs actually get work done? I think it's a good idea, seeing as 3 members or so are always derailed into dealing with us commoners.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
I have a feeling this project would have been done by now if all the trolling and **** hadn't ever started.

Anyone else up for a project:m social thread for us to go while the devs actually get work done? I think it's a good idea, seeing as 3 members or so are always derailed into dealing with us commoners.
honestly i doubt it would make anything go any faster

Dantarion

Smash Champion
When theres nothing to talk about, stop posting on the forum. Get on IRC.
The stuff I have been posting should be very obvious to anyone who is following the few times I actually do post, instead of assuming every post is about landing detection when its obvious I have been working on the website.

I don't even get back for another week.

Get on IRC, lulz around there, ask questions there, people will answer them, and you will find out more about Project M then you ever would posting or following this ******** 1300 page thread.

Actually, I have an idea. Today, at 9PM EST, I will make sure I am in the IRC chat to talk to people who are interested in Project M, and ill answer questions and stuff.

Edit. I forgot what time zone im in.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko

this IS the social thread what are you talking about

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman
Been thinking... Ike's a bit too much like a Ganon with more range IMO. A lot of people are going to say "it's more complicated than that", but IMHO, it's not. For example, Ike's jab combo is strong. Ganon's jab is strong. Ike's smashes are strong, with high knockback. Ganon's smashes are strong, with high knockback. Ganon's neutral B is a strong, slow attack. Ike's neutral B is a strong, slow charge (probably still better than Ganon's punch). Ganon's Side B moves him forward (although hits them down and opens different options), but Ike's also moves him forward. Ike's up B has a similar trajectory as Ganon's up-B. Ganon's crouch-cancelled Warlock Kick is similar in purpose to Ike's counter (on the ground). Also, for aerials, both their f-airs are slow but powerful, both their b-airs are faster, and both their n-airs are reasonably fast as well. Both their d-airs are a powerful but slow meteor smash. Etc.
.... Did I honestly just read all of this....
:urg:

D

Deleted member

1. Fox and Jiggly both have drill dairs
2. Fox and Jiggly are both invincible for a time during their down-b which hits on the 1st frame (double whammy!)
3. Fox and Jiggly both have sex kicks with nair
4. Fox and Jiggly's respective side-b makes them move horizontally
5. Fox and Jiggly share the same down smash animation

It is obvious and apparent Fox and Jiggly are interchangeable in playstyles with absolutely no differences.

You can tell that there is no difference simply by comparing and contrasting the properties of only a few select moves between the two.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Lol, it's funny how a concern is met up with a bunch of trolling from followers. I think an explanation is sufficient to address a concern, instead of unproductive trolling of pictures that take up half the page. Report posts please?

One or two explanations from devs are enough. Not like, an entire page of nonsense. I don't have the game, after all, so I'm not fully aware of everything.

Please don't get the urge to report this one. Aderp.

ynnek123

Smash Ace
Lol, it's funny how a concern is met up with a bunch of trolling from followers. I think an explanation is sufficient to address a concern, instead of unproductive trolling of pictures that take up half the page. Report posts please?

One or two explanations from devs are enough. Not like, an entire page of nonsense. I don't have the game, after all, so I'm not fully aware of everything.

come to the IRC to have your questions answered faster instead of getting trolled

Rikana

Smash Champion

You pretty much answered your own question. You're assuming things when you don't have the game. Yes its okay to assume such and such but you're debating your way through when you have nothing to back it up. Just leave it at the assumption and prove us wrong when it becomes open beta. But by going by your logic, it can be applied to Melee as well. Doc and Mario for example, the little difference in all the moves make them play entirely different form one another.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
you know maybe you guys wouldn't get trolled if you all weren't so dumb

you are really dumb, for real.

I'm pretty sure monkunit and strong bad have been working on something that I'm sure will make you all satisfied...

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
you know maybe you guys wouldn't get trolled if you all weren't so dumb

you are really dumb, for real.

I'm pretty sure monkunit and strong bad have been working on something that I'm sure will make you all satisfied...
OH
LANDING DE....

nvm

Sounds cool though.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
>implying I can code
>can barely use PSA
>stage developer
wat

Really great that we had all those people on the IRC today! Make sure to have that happen everyday!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Been thinking... Ike's a bit too much like a Ganon with more range IMO. A lot of people are going to say "it's more complicated than that", but IMHO, it's not. For example, Ike's jab combo is strong. Ganon's jab is strong. Ike's smashes are strong, with high knockback. Ganon's smashes are strong, with high knockback. Ganon's neutral B is a strong, slow attack. Ike's neutral B is a strong, slow charge (probably still better than Ganon's punch). Ganon's Side B moves him forward (although hits them down and opens different options), but Ike's also moves him forward. Ike's up B has a similar trajectory as Ganon's up-B. Ganon's crouch-cancelled Warlock Kick is similar in purpose to Ike's counter (on the ground). Also, for aerials, both their f-airs are slow but powerful, both their b-airs are faster, and both their n-airs are reasonably fast as well. Both their d-airs are a powerful but slow meteor smash. Etc.
really not comparable tbh. they have fairly different playstyles.
kirby and fox also have hueg similarities in Melee. upsmash, dsmash, dair, bair.
kirby's dash attack -> fox's upb.

this stuff is simply trivial similarities that don't amount to much even when put together. i'm competent with ganon and yet have to play a lot differently with Ike in order to stand a chance against anyone who isn't bad.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
>implying I can code
>can barely use PSA
>stage developer
wat

Really great that we had all those people on the IRC today! Make sure to have that happen everyday!
I know you're a stage developer and i never said you could code o.O
i was kidding.

inb4iwaskiddingtoo

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Hop on the IRC right now.

EDIT: Will put funny/important IRC posts here.

EDIT1:
<standardtoaster>: :<
<Glitch>: :<
<MonkUnit>: :<
<webchat_024>: ;>
<standardtoaster>: :>
<MonkUnit>: :3

EDIT2:
<MonkUnit>: HYPE FOR PROJECT M
<King-Of-Hearts>: ahh ok more hype... Ill get rope >.>

EDIT3:
<King-Of-Hearts>: I know, but I think I saw beyondyou would be working on a saki in the future... Ill totally main that one slot XD
<MonkUnit>: that's what she said

EDIT4:
<geodude>: nope geodude is going into mechanical engineering or Physics
<geodude>: maybe when I evolve ill go into geology

EDIT5:
<geodude>: bulbasaur means "Onion Lizard"

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
We're removing double jump and jump out of water because they don't make sense.
You'll thank us when you're younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom