• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyless

Smash Master
Something important to figure into releases (especially with a mod): every update you do will have less and less hype.

That's why Minus has decided to only update when we really have a strong, meaty update from now on.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Watched some recent Snake videos...

IMO he still seems a bit overpowered. If I could suggest two suggestions:

1. Nerf his recovery. While watching the videos, I realized he could gain enough distance to recover anywhere from the stage (Final Destination).

2. Claymore delay. IMO it's pretty cheap to plant a claymore on someone and be able to blow it up whenever you want, so maybe like a 1-2 second delay of beeping/flashing when the Snake presses down B?

Revven

FrankerZ
1. His recovery is easy to intercept, in fact probably the easiest of the entire game due to how vulnerable he is and the only "hitbox" it has is when he let's go of the Cypher which might as well not count since it generally doesn't go where you want it to go.

2. The time to initiate Down B and if the person knows they are still sticked (which likely they will be very aware of it) is plenty of time to dodge it. A flash wouldn't really help, especially since Snake is better off comboing them and then finishing them off when they can't do anything about the C4. It's hardly a problem and you can ask any of the people who use Snake in PM (CubaIsDeath, Sneak, Conn0r) that he really isn't overpowered. Also, the C4 can still randomly fall off the opponent.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I don't see Snake finishing the opponent off with Uthrow > C4 detonation being any different than Fox killing you with Uthrow > Uair.

Also consider that for Fox, he just needs to grab you at the right percent. Snake has to read a tech or land a low percent combo into a successful C4 stick before Uthrow > C4 even becomes an option.

He has excellent stage control, fast movement around the stage (his wavedash is so great as you can see from videos), setups into tech chases and solid tech chase options, setups for early kills, and a lot there to make him a powerhouse but that's offset by his poor recovery, trouble under high pressure, and being combo bait.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
So uh, is there anyway I can download Melee Falco and play as him right now?
IDC about the other characters right now, I just love Melee Falco.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
Shanus, we do appreciate it, hence the 1000+ pages of post in this thread, spam or not. Even with the multiple updates, a demo would quell the many curiosities about this game, and keep fans quiet for a while. This is just my opinion, though. I won't be a round much longer to keep up with this project. I hope all goes well with it.
You can just watch videos or (hopefully) find a PMBR member around your area to play with. A demo is just plain unrealistic, seeing as playtesting the game in general is a demo in itself.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
You can just watch videos or (hopefully) find a PMBR member around your area to play with. A demo is just plain unrealistic, seeing as playtesting the game in general is a demo in itself.
See, you guys are too comfortable with people that know PMBR members playing this Beta, which is why you get leaks. I'm gonna come forward and say I have it, already. I just want you guys to release a demo, so that you're comfortable with the fact that multiple people(like myself) have a copy of the game. Outdated or otherwise. I've played P:M. I'm satisfied with the progress, and I'm looking forward to what's yet to come. I just want other people to test/play what I have.

ynnek123

Smash Ace
lol, you guys don't seem to understand that if they don't want to bring out a demo and they have their own reasoning for it, no argument will change their opinion :p

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
lol, you guys don't seem to understand that if they don't want to bring out a demo and they have their own reasoning for it, no argument will change their opinion :p
As fine as that is, I want them to understand that being in cahoots with a PMBR member isn't fine either. Like I said, it's the prime source of a leak, and I know for sure that there isn't a PMBR in Indiana. I know no one notable from Indiana that plays Melee.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I'm starting to think the second post FAQ needs to be updated............

I want to see more videos.
Are there any videos of Wario:M or Olimar:M?

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
leakers need to be banned or something...this is getting out of control.
You can't control that, Stingers. I haven't leaked anything, to anyone. I simply play the game with friends. I keep my SD card under wraps, so people can't take it and copy it. I'm just pointing out facts.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Listen to me and listen good.

If you have PM right now, congratulations. It's not actually that hard at this point. There are individuals who are so impatient that they have infiltrated our backroom by posing as Melee pros. We have been neglectful and trusting by not doing IP checks on said people. They have obtained copies from 2 months ago and spread them around.

Those of you with leaked copies, I will request that if you do not delete them, at least have the decency to not spread them anymore. If people play the unfinished game, they will immediately assume that something will stay how it is. This is the last thing that we want. The game does not feel like Melee right now. It is very close, but also very far. We have come a long way and it would be very, very disappointing if our game was spoiled by people playing something that is not done and judging us beforehand.

The Smash community is a varied one. It does have educated people, and it does have scrubs. It also has very judgmental people, and trolls. Believe me when I say, that our strategy right now, holding out on giving you the Project M codeset and/or characters in any way, shape, or form, until it is done, is probably the best way to handle and conduct ourselves right now.

You've seen it, I've seen it. We have had countless arguments in this thread about things that were not done but were revealed. An argument about Bowser went on that raged on for about 11 pages. That is downright ridiculous. If we gave you a demo without all of the things that are unfinished at this point, you would be disappointed, we would be disappointed. We are not Brawl+, we do not want to update every month. I am sorry if that is what you want, but we are not putting our support towards releasing anything at this point. We have gone through 30 revisions this week so far.
We are not ready.

So, PLEASE, at least do not boast in this topic about how you have the beta. PLEASE don't ask us to give the people a demo. Our physics are not even perfected yet. We don't want to let you down before we even release. I beg of you; don't spread a product that we are not all confident in. We have put a lot of work into PM. Don't spoil it.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
in regards to Ike's recovery

i could be wrong but, from what i've seen, Ike is un-able to Up-B after his aerial side-B hits (or misses) like he could in B+.....which i think it's fine

although to compensate for that, I actually wouldn't mind Ike being able to JC aerial side-B.....i don't believe it will be game breaking like some of you see it to be, it will give him more options giving him more offensive pressure and ofcourse a boost in recovery

also, i know his Up-B isn't the greatest recovery (distance wise) , but i feel it is a little bit too safe. anybody trying to edgeguard him just gets shredded (crazy sword hitbox shenanigans) it should be more approachable

EDITED

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Listen to me and listen good.

If you have PM right now, congratulations. It's not actually that hard at this point. There are individuals who are so impatient that they have infiltrated our backroom by posing as Melee pros. We have been neglectful and trusting by not doing IP checks on said people. They have obtained copies from 2 months ago and spread them around.

Those of you with leaked copies, I will request that if you do not delete them, at least have the decency to not spread them anymore. If people play the unfinished game, they will immediately assume that something will stay how it is. This is the last thing that we want. The game does not feel like Melee right now. It is very close, but also very far. We have come a long way and it would be very, very disappointing if our game was spoiled by people playing something that is not done and judging us beforehand.

The Smash community is a varied one. It does have educated people, and it does have scrubs. It also has very judgmental people, and trolls. Believe me when I say, that our strategy right now, holding out on giving you the Project M codeset and/or characters in any way, shape, or form, until it is done, is probably the best way to handle and conduct ourselves right now.

You've seen it, I've seen it. We have had countless arguments in this thread about things that were not done but were revealed. An argument about Bowser went on that raged on for about 11 pages. That is downright ridiculous. If we gave you a demo without all of the things that are unfinished at this point, you would be disappointed, we would be disappointed. We are not Brawl+, we do not want to update every month. I am sorry if that is what you want, but we are not putting our support towards releasing anything at this point. We have gone through 30 revisions this week so far.
We are not ready.

So, PLEASE, at least do not boast in this topic about how you have the beta. PLEASE don't ask us to give the people a demo. Our physics are not even perfected yet. We don't want to let you down before we even release. I beg of you; don't spread a product that we are not all confident in. We have put a lot of work into PM. Don't spoil it.
Repost because newpage

Revven

FrankerZ
in regards to Ike's recovery

i could be wrong but, from what i've seen, Ike is un-able to Up-B after his aerial side-B hits (or misses) like he could in B+.....which i think it's fine
No, he can, people just don't notice that he can act out of it (meaning Up B).

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
You haven't seen the streams, where he loses more than he wins.

A somewhat off topic question for a Just-For-Fun PSA.

I can't seem to get the Launch Veloctity Variable 1005 to work properly.
When I put it in PSA, it shows up as this:

If Comparison Compare: IC-Basic[237] >= 80(Scalar)
Stuff
Else:
Stuff
End If

Why is that?

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
So, out of curiosity, how do you have PM?
It was leaked to me, through a clanmate, on a forum I've been a part of for almost 3 years now. I have much respect for this project and have not spread it or leaked it further. I've played with friends and very adept/well-known Brawl players like Renegade, who do like where the game is going, but have had critique here and there, which is why I come here ever-so-often to offer up ideas. (Anything in regards to Ganon is just me, though : p)

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I didn't think there were any auto cancels in at all. Couldn't you just use L-canceling?

Unless I'm ignorant and/or completely missing something here.

Revven

FrankerZ
why doesn't falco's SH bair auto cancel anymore?

I just remembered that was my biggest pet peeve with this game atm
I'm going to pin that up against SCD (otherwise known as Landing Detection) assuming the frame timings and so forth are correct because Falco lands earlier thus Bair doesn't autocancel...

plz guys think moar before asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom