• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
wait...aren't we forgetting about "specific friction"?....

so we can edit character specific WD lengths and friction during a JC grab??

and for slopes to stop being so ****en slippery?

Revven

FrankerZ
and for slopes to stop being so ****en slippery?
1. We're not forgetting anything.

2. Our friction values only fix slopes slightly, we have to modify the action flags for aerials that involve their interaction with slopes. We have not gotten to this yet as you can see we've just gotten something that has more priority over that...

I only suggest this because you could easily button mash to MC, so I think making it a minor skill would help nerf the use of MCing.
That's the thing you already can't button mash it. If you button mash jump, you have to wait another 20 frames before you can try it again. The only thing remotely button mashy about it is Up B and that will be looked into, rest assured. For now, the window is modified.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
For all the characters with very quick Meteor Smashes like Diddy, Charizard, Yoshi, and Wolf, will they be weak Meteor smashes?
Is this a suggestion or how brawl already is?

Anyway, in melee, Ganon can actually recover from a whiffed meteor pretty easily, so I don't think having a fast meteor should warrant a weak meteor.

Also, Yoshi's fair, and Wolf's dair should be on the strong side, since Yoshi's recovery problems are exploitable and Wolf is a fast faller.

I'm pretty sure Zard's grounded meteor is stronger than his air one. This is an intersting attribute and should be expanded on. In fact, I think his grounded meteor should be stronger than ganon's.

As for Diddy, I think his meteor shouldn't be strong... but at least strong enough to gimp. It fits his character to be gimper.

Weak meteors should be reserved for multi hit meteors such as Yoshi's, Fox's, and Kirby's dair. (However, I think Kirby's dair should be a weak spike instead of a multi hit dair, the more 64 qualities he has... the better)

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
So when are you guys giving Mario his spin down-special back or Jigglypuffs ridiculous back air length back? And while you're at it, why not just replace Lucario with Mewtwo already? There's already several amazing and just about perfect vertex hacks for it. What I really wanna see is you guys bringing back Dr. Mario, I just can't wait for that! I miss the doc T.T

(Sorry for responding so late)

AeonClock

Smash Apprentice
So when are you guys giving Mario his spin down-special back or Jigglypuffs ridiculous back air length back? And while you're at it, why not just replace Lucario with Mewtwo already? There's already several amazing and just about perfect vertex hacks for it. What I really wanna see is you guys bringing back Dr. Mario, I just can't wait for that! I miss the doc T.T

(Sorry for responding so late)
Who wants to take this one? >_>

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Jiggs and most melee top/high tiers got their melee hitboxes back. A clone engine is being created so Lucario and Mewtwo will coexist. Doc's best traits are being combined with Mario to create a character that is much more viable than either could have ever been alone and the PM team already has plans for Mario's down b.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Jiggs and most melee top/high tiers got their melee hitboxes back. A clone engine is being created so Lucario and Mewtwo will coexist. Doc's best traits are being combined with Mario to create a character that is much more viable than either could have ever been alone and the PM team already has plans for Mario's down b.
I love you guys ^^ Even with the new things you've done with Lucas you're just butchering the game so much that it won't even be able to be considered melee or brawl anymore XD. It's like taking a person and giving him mechanical parts to make him more ape-like. But the parts you gave him are like crab claws n **** so you don't quite know if this is better or worse than what you originally planned for it yet.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I love you guys ^^ Even with the new things you've done with Lucas you're just butchering the game so much that it won't even be able to be considered melee or brawl anymore XD. It's like taking a person and giving him mechanical parts to make him more ape-like. But the parts you gave him are like crab claws n **** so you don't quite know if this is better or worse than what you originally planned for it yet.
<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qf8_tn7lBIc" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Jay Talbayne

Smash Apprentice
????.. came in the thread at a confusing time.. but anyway... erm......
GOOD S.H.I.T. PMBR ON THE BREAKTHROUGH!!!! cant wait to see some updated vids or something showing this new goodness

Gardevior

Smash Lord
I want to sig this so bad.

Luxor

Smash Champion
I can't even respond to that. L-cancelling is half the fun of melee, is already confirmed, has 500000 pages of discussion.

Unless you were kidding, in which case disregard this post. Internet don't show sarcasm well.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I think ALR will be an alternative (and you can modify the .gct anyways), but P:M does not support it as far as mainstream use goes...

I think.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Nice Breakthrough guys.

That other person sounds like the guy that can only play GC-ism mode in CVS2(GC).

What's next on the to do list for you guys other than Landing Detection?

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
So Mario Fair would be like Brawl Fair except with the Mario SPIKE and the the Doc DUNK?

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
That's sort of the idea. It's not Melee. It's (definitely) not Brawl.

It's Project M.
But if you weren't trying to make it melee then why did you change all the old top-tier characters back to their old melee moves instead of just trying to make something new out of their current moves? =/ I am not understanding this, so you intentionally gave it clamp arms in hopes that it would be something new but then for some reason decided to attach gorilla fingers to it for old times sake?

OverLade

Smash Hero
But if you weren't trying to make it melee then why did you change all the old top-tier characters back to their old melee moves instead of just trying to make something new out of their current moves? =/ I am not understanding this, so you intentionally gave it clamp arms in hopes that it would be something new but then for some reason decided to attach gorilla fingers to it for old times sake?
You're just trolling now. The game is intended to be like melee, but where every character is viable. Melee top tiers receive very few buffs/nerfs because the game was already pretty balanced at high level (LOLPUFF). Low tiers and brawl characters have to be adjusted so that they're either viable or not too good.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
TROLL IS A TROLL

trollface.jpg

Laijin

Smash Hero
Guys.
You have to realize the difference between someone who is trolling/someone who just gives uneducated opinions.

BIG DIFFERENCE.
Its usually the latter that "pretends" their trolling, but its just a cover up for being dumb

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
No, I'm not intentionally trolling. I was actually using these strange analogies so that people wouldn't just think I was hating on P:M simply to hate on it. I think the idea of it is great, though it is different then I originally thought the goal was... I thought it was supposed to be brawl that played like melee, like bringing back the old techniques and physics that made the game such a great competitive fighter. I didn't think it was just going to be a recreation of melee... I mean if I wanted to play melee I'd do just that.... Play melee.... Although this most certainly isn't a bad thing as-is, it just isn't quite what it could be. Saying that it isn't melee but then contradicting yourself by making it as close to melee as you have.... It just leads me to believe that the true goal of this project isn't very clearly stated.
So I have one more question... I think....

Are you trying to make brawl with melee gameplay or are you just trying to make melee with added content? Because there is a bit of a difference.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
No, I'm not intentionally trolling. I was actually using these strange analogies so that people wouldn't just think I was hating on P:M simply to hate on it. I think the idea of it is great, though it is different then I originally thought the goal was... I thought it was supposed to be brawl that played like melee, like bringing back the old techniques and physics that made the game such a great competitive fighter. I didn't think it was just going to be a recreation of melee... I mean if I wanted to play melee I'd do just that.... Play melee.... Although this most certainly isn't a bad thing as-is, it just isn't quite what it could be. Saying that it isn't melee but then contradicting yourself by making it as close to melee as you have.... It just leads me to believe that the true goal of this project isn't very clearly stated.

Are you trying to make brawl with melee gameplay or are you just trying to make melee with added content? Because there is a bit of a difference.
Honestly, why does it matter? People will look forward to this regardless of what you say. You can continue to ask these questions like "why are you changing the top tier characters back to Melee form and altering low tier characters" to confuse yourself; nobody cares. It won't change our perspective. "It just isn't what it could be" That is your own opinion. This isn't out to replace Melee or Brawl.

To answer your question, one thing will be stated:
Melee 2.0
Make something of that on your own.

Immediately saying something is "butchered" without giving it a chance + getting someone to respond + trying to find a contradiction in what he said even though finding it is irrelevant and doesn't support your own point (basically saying "HA! BUT YOU JUST SAID THIS NYAH NYAH YOU MADE A MISTAKE") counts as trolling.

EDIT: On his Doc note, I would be very happy if you found a balance between Doc and Mario (Doc's bair for example) to create the hybrid Mario but still have the Doc texture as a choosable colour.
IE. Black, White, etc coloured Doc as a choosable option; changes the texture of the fireballs to pills

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Other than the Melee Top / High tiers, you'll find that everyone has fresh new abilities and strategies, while being based upon their old Melee Moveset and Physics. In addition, new stages, new matchups against bawrl newcomers, and new ATs make even matches using the Melee Top / High characters feel new.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Also, Pichu vote on electric bull**** is now 3-9001

My Pichu is currently amazing, and would be the best stalling and trolling character in smash, but he hurts himself to the point where he can't run away without just causing himself stupid amounts of damage. (And then he looses some options, but only around percents you shouldn't be living past as Pichu)
Eh.
I hate Dantarion now.

I'm going to start working on a proper buffed moveset for Pichu, I'll post it here when it is done and see what you devs think.

Whatever the case, I seriously hope you aren't putting Dant's Pichu in.

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman

You still dont understand.... It isn't brawl and it isn't melee, nor just melee with added content.

It will have the physics of melee but it will have its own organic feel and the same and possibly even more infinite potential then melee did. It will be its own game and not just a simple melee with added content and fix what was wrong with melee and brawl.

Btw you could of just understood this if you read the 1st post so http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdiz0k0Rudw....

Anyway a good friend explained some important things about why landing detection and button inputs so good luck on that :)

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
i think that's sarcasm, grim. well, i hope that's sarcasm. i mean, it's pretty laughable, at least.
I HOPE that's sarcasm xD

EDIT: Oh, and with the whole "Is it Melee or Brawl thing".

If it not designed to completely emulate Melee, just bring back the feel and mechanics of it like a true successor, I don't get why things were changed back to how they were in Melee when the Brawl versions were fine.

OverLade

Smash Hero
I dunno man the Japanese say he's broken. And when the Japanese think something it's probably true.

Pit is the 4th best character in Brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom