• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
Last in the current list of "SSBM 2 Real World" soundtracks:
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
E02 - Blue Stahli - The Pure and the Tainted
E07 - Rob Zombie - Dragula (Hot-Rod Herman Remix)
E01 - Jamiroquai - Canned Heat
E03 - Celldweller - Goodbye & We Will Rock You (Cellmate Mix)
E05 - Redrosid - Beside Still Toxicity
E06 - Blue Stahli - Corner (Instrumental)

WarioWare
M01 - Redrosid - Ultranumb
M02 - H - Destruct
M08 - Hadouken! - Bombshock
M07 - Mindless Self Indulgence - Never Wanted To Dance (Electro Hurtz Remix)
M06 - Mindless Self Indulgence - Straight To Video (KMFDM Remix)
M05 - NERD - Rock Star (Jason Nevins remix)
M04 - The Vines - Get Free
M03 - Prodigy - Piranha
M09 - Killa Kela - Get A Rise
M10 - The Bronx - Around The Horn
M11 - The Offspring - Smash
M12 - Linkin Park - New Divide
M13 - Gravity Kills - Goodbye (Demo Version)
M15 - Psykosonik - Unlearn (Josh Wink's Live Mix)
M16 - Aphex Twin - Flow Coma
M17 - Deadmau5 - Moar Ghost's N Stuff
M18 - Linkin Park- PLC. 4 Mie Hæd

Port Town Aero Drive
I01 - Ed Rush - Frontline
I03 - Spector - Just Hiss
I02 - The Touch - Le Night Dominator
I04 - Noisia- Machine Gun
I05 - Junkie XL - Crusher
I06 - 2 Fingers - Marmite
I07 - Gingy - Swagger
I08 - Booka Shade - Steady Rush
I09 - Mist - Smart Systems
I10 - Utah Saints - Sick
R09 - Elite Force + Nick Ryan - Switchback
W18 - MIST - Smart Systems

Lylat Cruise
G10 - The Crystal Method - Acetone
G02 - Amon Tobin - Verbal(Topo Gigio remix)
G01 - Noisia - Seven Stitches
G03 - Blue Stahli - Accelerant
G04 - Queens of the Stone Age - Song for the Dead
G11 - Nothing - A
G05 - Metallica - Die die my Darling
G09 - UNKLE - No One Knows
G07 - Marilyn Manson - This is the New ****
G08 - Future Sound Of London - We Have Explosive (Radio Edit)
Q12 - Pendulum - Granite

Delfino Plaza
A13 - UNKLE - Restless
A07 - Rush - Summertime Blues
A08 - The Crystal Method - (Can't You) Trip Like I Do (Instrumental)
A14 - White Zombie-More Human Than Human (Meet Bambi In The King's Harem Mix)
A15 - Blue Stahli - Shotgun Senorita

Frigate Orpheon
D04 - Pendulum - Hold Your Colour
D08 - Deadmau5 - Animal Rights
D07 - Bloc Party - Helicopter
D06 - Puff Daddy-Come With Me
D09 - Celldweller - Switchback
D10 - Pendulum - Slam

kaizo13

Smash Champion
this just in, Connor has been diagnosed with fancynism and now only has 2 weeks to live :(

...no but seriously, awesome fox dittos with Lovage

although where's the P:M footage? -_-

shanus

Smash Hero
bow chika wow ow,

Magus and I (with WindOwl's help) now have hitlag L-canceling working with a global code and 5 lines per character :).

Additionally, we just figured out how to set our own meteor cancel frame window.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
Awesome idea :D

That's another supporter, 3-0.

Can we do it? :3
i dunno, looks more like 3-1 to me.

While that sounds like a pretty cool idea in theory, it goes against Pichu lore in the Pokemon continuity. Pichu is stated in most of the Pokedex entries to not be able to control its electricity very well, and a few even suggest that Pichu can hurt itself if it isn't careful (which is where the idea in Melee came from, though I think that point in particular borrowed more from the anime, which shows Pichu explicitly hurting itself with its power, rather than subtly implying it like the in-game Pokedex entries). To have Pichu be able to control exactly when it uses its electricity in that manner seems odd, especially since that makes it seem implicitly that it has greater control over its electricity than Pikachu - who can't control when he uses his electricity at all (in a game sense. He'll always will or will not use electricity when he attacks).

So again, cool idea, but it's pretty contradictory to Pichu's flavor text. It depends entirely on the person how important Pichu's flavor text is when compared to gameplay. But since it's pretty much stated in nearly all of its Pokedex entries, it is one of the only biological quirks that separate Pichu from other Pokemon, and as such is a pretty huge part of its character.

also, super awesome news, fellas. that's 2 issues fixed in one day! too, too impressive.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
bow chika wow ow,

Magus and I (with WindOwl's help) now have hitlag L-canceling working with a global code and 5 lines per character :).

Additionally, we just figured out how to set our own meteor cancel frame window.
God**** <_<
You guys amaze me.

Lol imagine if someone never fixed the code line limit.. thing. This project would be dead.
curious.. how many lines are in the whole codeset atm? <_<
50,000?

But anyway nice job. You people are the best.
-moar silence-

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
This.

Also, people. We solved some of the biggest coding issues of Project M. Seriously, get hype. :mad:
Getting hype would bring me out of character. On top of that, I can't get hype, seeing as how I'll most definitely be gone, before you guys finally release this, and by the time I actually get good free time to play, I'll be behind on the metagame.

I am glad for you guys, however.

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
bow chika wow ow,

^____________^

Awesome news. Hopefully this will help people enjoy the feel of the game better.

inb4onlywhenlandingdetectionisfixed.

ManEg

Smash Journeyman
bow chika wow ow,

This.

Also, people. We solved some of the biggest coding issues of Project M. Seriously, get hype. :mad:
YES!! You see, now this is why I enter these d*** boards, to see s*** like this!! HYPE!! :mad:

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Major Breakthrough?

and i didnt even do anything!

Good **** shanus and magus!

Also, Pichu vote on electric bull**** is now 3-9001

My Pichu is currently amazing, and would be the best stalling and trolling character in smash, but he hurts himself to the point where he can't run away without just causing himself stupid amounts of damage. (And then he looses some options, but only around percents you shouldn't be living past as Pichu)

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455

I don't even want to imagine someone trying this without .pac editing.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
I've been out of the loop for a while, can someone explain to me what the problem was that got fixed? [yes I know it's 'hitlag L-canceling' but I want the for-dummies deets]

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
bow chika wow ow,

Also, can we expect all of this with the PAL version of Brawl? If yes, when?

Revven

FrankerZ
I've been out of the loop for a while, can someone explain to me what the problem was that got fixed? [yes I know it's 'hitlag L-canceling' but I want the for-dummies deets]
You basically couldn't L-cancel during hitlag, only before or after. This made L-canceling with Ganondorf feel especially odd and made you miss your L-cancels more than you should have when you would go to hit someone with them (especially with his Dair).

Edit: PAL version = TBA.

shanus

Smash Hero
MC window code is now live and a go as well. Good day for PM for sure.

Now I just need to make the global character pac injection for moonwalking, and somehow fix PS Reflect to be dynamic based on char size, and most problems will be done.

shanus

Smash Hero
And more importantly: DI

Anyway, great work Shanus, Magus, and WindOwl. Also, what is the setting on the MC window? Is it still 25 frames like originally planned?
It was 25 in brawl, 8 in melee. We will be trying something around 16ish for now.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
It's about halfway in between Brawl/Melee. So it's a buff for meteors in Melee and nerf for meteors in Brawl.

Laijin

Smash Hero
God**** <_<
You guys amaze me.

Lol imagine if someone never fixed the code line limit.. thing. This project would be dead.
curious.. how many lines are in the whole codeset atm? <_<
50,000?

But anyway nice job. You people are the best.
-moar silence-
Wait what?
There was a "code line" limit?
Someone explain this please

I R MarF

Smash Ace
It was 25 in brawl, 8 in melee. We will be trying something around 16ish for now.
Wow, I'm dumb. Ha ha. I don't know where I remember reading 25.

Anyway, its a good idea to have inbetween values. However, it would also be cool if there was a fail window like teching. If you press too early then you would have to wait X amount of frames before you can try again.

I only suggest this because you could easily button mash to MC, so I think making it a minor skill would help nerf the use of MCing.

GPDP

Smash Ace
Guys, do you feel that?

I do.

It's the feeling of impending hype that only comes when a much anticipated project is that much closer to completion.

Just a bit longer... I hope.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Character sizes relative to each other are being looked at. And as a current PMBR member, you should probably talk about that in the backroom and not here :p

D

Deleted member

I was under the impression that the MC window would be Melee's, but oh well. Just take it from there and lets see where it goes.

For all the characters with very quick Meteor Smashes like Diddy, Charizard, Yoshi, and Wolf, will they be weak Meteor smashes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom