• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
I was hoping for a vid of that. Someone has to give a play by play of what happened for those that couldn't see the stream.
You mean THAT's what I've been missing?!

**** man. Someone upload this.
Not going to be uploaded. I saved it for posterity's sake, but it's not something the PMBR wishes to advertise. If you missed the greatest moment in Smash hacking history, then you missed it. Tough ****.

That being said, it was a beautiful thing to see. It was even better to do. It'll teach you all to drop life for our streams.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
I have been wondering this as of late, but what are you going to do with the Brawl characters in this game in terms of playstyle? Will you try to base there P:M playstyle off of how it is in Brawl, or will you try to make a new playstyle for those characters?

Also how are you going about rebalancing the mid/low/bottom tiers?

G

genkaku

I still think the best part was when you were like "I don't think we should show this, Shanus said no, but I guess he isn't here." and then about 30 seconds into the waddle dees Shanus shows up. "What's all this then?"

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Brawl characters are generally going to get new play styles. Some practically require it while a few like Squirtle may already be near-perfect with only some issues to take care of. I know Wario is getting some changes so he doesn't have to air camp so much and Ike has mind games with QD JCing.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
That and they test it out. Which is why high end Melee(and I'd hope brawl) players are part of the the alpha. And generally smart and neato people.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Not going to be uploaded. I saved it for posterity's sake, but it's not something the PMBR wishes to advertise. If you missed the greatest moment in Smash hacking history, then you missed it. Tough ****.

That being said, it was a beautiful thing to see. It was even better to do. It'll teach you all to drop life for our streams.
I can't ever like you because of this post. :mad:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Actually, I've been "leading" the Lloyd project (so to say, my role has diminished given that we've established what we need to get done and I don't have the proper hardware to develop PSA skills yet). I got the title because I applied for it in the workshop thread. It's unrelated to Project M. My other experience includes some minor but decent intelligence in basic stage hacking and some decent quality BRSTM work.

I would like to see if Lloyd can reach completion first (and I'm talking about the beta moveset complete, not even the considerations) before I even think about optimizing him for P:M, official inclusion with clone engine or not. I know of two particular people on the team who made sure he resembled his own game counterpart as much as possible. Even if there was a request at that point to bring him into P:M officially (understandably, his PSA would have to be good, but we sure as hell aren't going to uses all these resources and have him become a fluke), we'd probably desire close monitoring on his P:M adaptation.

It's a long ways away to even consider modifications for any mod at the moment, so I'm not worried.

EDIT: Yeah, pretty much what DS said. It's unrelated. Honestly, there should be a group for P:M developers if there isn't already.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Any news on Ness? I certainly hope he isn't the Brawl+ rendition of him, but I understand that as a bottom character, as well as a seldom touched character in Melee he may not have been given very much attention.

Hoping for Smash 64 Nair, dair, D-tilt, and initial dash.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Question: When you guys are done with the physics and whatnot, can you please make Dojo posts of the characters that are 100% done?

Thanks for not rushing these. :)

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
pretty much anybody that can make a psa is in the WBR now... kind of makes having a purple name pointless at this point...
Yeah basically. I was surprised I was let in, but I suppose it's for identity if new people come in (just a theory, really).

If anything, I'm still mostly aware of who is actually on the P:M team and has the Developer title.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Is there anywhere that I can get a summary of what the currently complete characters are like?
Search Project M vids on youtube. In fact, we should probably put a list in the OP of all the accounts uploading P:M vids.

Hmm, that reminds me, I gotta delete all my older P:M videos...

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Search Project M vids on youtube. In fact, we should probably put a list in the OP of all the accounts uploading P:M vids.

...I suggested that a while back <_<

I'm always 5. Steps. Ahead.

V-K

Smash Ace

I hate you. :cry:

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer

That would be amazing.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
having to wait for this project to be released is really painful. Some painkillers
updates/footage
would really help ease the pain.

no but seriously, more and more people (non-devs) get access to this game every single day and nobody seems to be helping fuel the hype train >:U

and some people just decided to stop giving us awesome footage
yes, i'm looking at you Sneak and Connor >:U

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i'll start putting some mewtwo vs. roy PSA vids out with the project m gct
hype

so i've been watching "X's Adventures in Minecraft" all day. i'm on episode 16, and the episodes are 15 minutes long each.

//wastes too much time watching people do things

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bh4EexJO4I

its really cool though, if y'all like open ended games you should at least watch the first episode (above)

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Yeah, please don't. Those side projects are in no way indicative of the work we've been putting into the core project.

Roy needs a lot of animation and hitbox polish before he would be ready, and Mewtwo needs its tail bones fixed and nearly every animation rebuilt... not exactly the level of quality we want to portray in our videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom