• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I had a chance to play today! I didn't play particularly long, but there were a couple questionable things I noticed:

1) You can't throw with the C-stick. In Melee, I almost always throw with the C-stick since it's easier not to hit the wrong direction, but I didn't have that option here.

2) Performing fsmash (probably a few other moves, too, although I don't recall) during a wavedash halts momentum. I don't think this is necessarily bad, but it is very strange.

I really liked it for the most part.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
I had a chance to play today! I didn't play particularly long, but there were a couple questionable things I noticed:

1) You can't throw with the C-stick. In Melee, I almost always throw with the C-stick since it's easier not to hit the wrong direction, but I didn't have that option here.

2) Performing fsmash (probably a few other moves, too, although I don't recall) during a wavedash halts momentum. I don't think this is necessarily bad, but it is very strange.

I really liked it for the most part.
"Momentum is for p******."
-Isaac Newton

i like how in brawl you can shield grab by hitting the c stick. it lets me throw bombs out of shield better too.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yea fly I usually throw w/ c-stick too. it's a bit of a nuance. i'll see if it can be coded.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
you mean like falco's jab and fair
or fox's utilt animation
Didn't the majority in the BR vote for Melee jab and Fair? >.>
And you know as well as I know that we all want Fox's Utilt animation... it just needs to be made.

And do you really think it is a good idea to nerf Jigglypuff preemptively before we even begin balancing? If we just throw around nerfs or buffs without even getting clear evidence as to why we are doing these things we end up like Brawl+. I have so much respect for Brawl+ and what it did for me and the workshop community in general, but we all know that the game is dead and the mistakes it made are the reason. Considering we have several former members of the B+ team working on PM I think it is safe to say we will not be making those mistakes.

camelot

Smash Ace
This happens with any attack that has the "moves character" flag on it. Basically, that flag has to be set on any attack that causes a character to end up in a different position than they started in, or else they'll teleport back to their starting position when the attack ends. The flag is set on a lot of ftilts and fsmashes.

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
This happens with any attack that has the "moves character" flag on it. Basically, that flag has to be set on any attack that causes a character to end up in a different position than they started in, or else they'll teleport back to their starting position when the attack ends. The flag is set on a lot of ftilts and fsmashes.
So the 'Moves Character' code is actually the one halting momentum? How ironic. =3

Well, it should be an easy fix then. According to the animation, Popo ends up in the same place anyway. Deleting the 'Moves Character' should have absolutely no negative side effect.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
So, what is likely to be the single largest change between Melee and Project M, aside from characters and stages?

Curious as I actually want to play this competitively, unlike Melee which I just can't get into anymore.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Falco's Melee fair is important to a lot of random combos and whoever said it wont be brought back is prolly lying lol. It just hasn't been done yet.

And lol@people asking redundant and random questions that have been answered several times over...

Revven

FrankerZ
People need to realize that it's not easy to make animations, so if you see someone who has retained a move from Brawl and was in Melee it's either because it works better or it's because we haven't gotten to it yet because the animation would take a lot of time to make whereas we're doing other things at the same time as well.

ManEg

Smash Journeyman
I realized this as yesterday I was experimenting with edge cancels in B+ and noticed that Falcon fsmashed when I input the bair during the small slide off the platform.

T_T

Smash Cadet
yea fly I usually throw w/ c-stick too. it's a bit of a nuance. i'll see if it can be coded.
Won't this remove the ability to let nana smash attack as a pummel for ICs?

EDIT: Er... I tried it without c-stick and I could get her to charge a smash but I had trouble just getting her to do a quick one. I don't know much at all about ice climbers so I was just asking out of curiosity.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
yes it does

do you not see how much **** happens in the course of smash?
No. There is no **** in smash. Who the hell actually thinks that blood makes the game? Blood would be out of place as hell. Blood doesn't make a game good. Link being in a game is what makes a game good. Oh and falcon too <_<

MacKellarTeam1

Smash Cadet
So i've been hearing that the character have been resized. Which is great, is there any chance someone could post a comparitive screen shot of a character on cornaria, because I found in brawl the size seemed ridiculasly small. (even though in melee there was no way fox could have fit inside that ship.)

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
No. There is no **** in smash. Who the hell actually thinks that blood makes the game? Blood would be out of place as hell. Blood doesn't make a game good. Link being in a game is what makes a game good. Oh and falcon too <_<

.....WOOOOOOOOW

.....WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.....

WOOOOOOOOOW

over your head bro by like infinity miles lmao

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Only reason I brought it up is because Project Mayhem from fightclub reminded me of project M. Mayhem also seems to fit along with the other names like Melee or Brawl for instance. It actually sounds like a step up in terms of the level of fighting going on.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
How about Super Smash Bros Maul

'cause it sounds like a combination of Melee and Brawl.

10 points for play on words

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom