• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
But how much it would improve if you guys could just get your hands on the elusive landing detection...

A large number of complaints would go away with just that alone.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
Okay, time for something constructive mah bois.

The same about the throws questions, how much different the DI in Melee is different in Brawl? On which aspects?

Not posting much on this thread because of Metroid Other M :D
But I'm stuck D:

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Tumble DI is about 5 degrees more potent than Melee.

Non-tumble DI is nonexistent in Brawl, but was available in Melee.

The second is a larger problem than the first, in my opinion. We're looking to fix both, if possible.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I don't understand the units of DI much; is 5 degrees noticeable? It seems apparent in a number of videos.

How does the absence of non-tumble DI impact gameplay in P:M?

Revven

FrankerZ
Non-tumble DI impacts a lot of things, it greatly impacts how throws work compared to Melee. If I could give an example from vBrawl (which lacks non-tumble DI) it would be Sheik's Ftilt. Ever wondered why the Ftilt lock works? Because there's no non-tumble DI. The only way to alleviate the issue (but not completely fixing it) is making that specific move go into tumble by increasing its KB.

As you can see, without non-tumble DI, things get out of hand on some moves at low %s.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
So, moves have had to be adjusted to account for non-tumble DI which can hurt some wanted aspects in this project.

Revven

FrankerZ
Actually, most moves that don't have non-tumble DI at low %s start to tumble pretty early as is (because of their Melee KB stats) so it's not all that bad. However, some throws at this current time will not work that well because of no non-tumble DI (Peach's Uthrow for example can probably now CG a lot of characters she wasn't able to in Melee because of it). It really depends on the move.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
So are you guys going to try to make the sucky characters in melee better in P:M?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
How come you guys care more about Fox's look than Ganondorf's look? =(

There's a bigger difference between Ganondorf's Melee and Brawl designs than there is between Fox's.

Revven

FrankerZ
How come you guys care more about Fox's look than Ganondorf's look? =(

There's a bigger difference between Ganondorf's Melee and Brawl designs than there is between Fox's.
Some people like TP Ganon and don't have a huge problem with his model (mainly because its design isn't as inherently flawed as Fox's is).

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Not to mention there already exists a Melee vertex that could be in an optional side-pack for people if they so choose, assuming we test to make sure it doesn't impact hurt/hit boxes. (Vertex hacks by definition shouldn't be able to impact them, however..)

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
Also, Ganondorf looks ****** in any design, even in the Wind Waker one. But the thing is not to make fox design the star fox 64 one because it was in melee, it's mostly because people just want to take out fox's command design, which many found ridiculous (I liked, but anyway).

Mans, I ALWAYS tought about why the ftilt lock works, not only this you answered a lot of questions with just the DI issue. Thanks, truly.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Also, Ganondorf looks ****** in any design, even in the Wind Waker one. But the thing is not to make fox design the star fox 64 one because it was in melee, it's mostly because people just want to take out fox's command design, which many found ridiculous (I liked, but anyway).

Mans, I ALWAYS tought about why the ftilt lock works, not only this you answered a lot of questions with just the DI issue. Thanks, truly.
I'm not so sure it has to do with command so much as it has to do with him looking really unthreatening. Clown shoes ftw?

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
He's an 18 year old(in star fox 64) anthropomorphic fox that uses a blue flashing hexagon as an attack and encovers himself in fire ki to propel himself towards the stage and also has a blaster that does no actual stun to the enemy.

oh yeah, it's just the command design lol.

If people wanted something that looks threatning they would use the Fox from the the artworks of the SNES version, that's creepy.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
He's an 18 year old(in star fox 64) anthropomorphic fox that uses a blue flashing hexagon as an attack and encovers himself in fire ki to propel himself towards the stage and also has a blaster that does no actual stun to the enemy.

oh yeah, it's just the command design lol.

If people wanted something that looks threatning they would use the Fox from the the artworks of the SNES version, that's creepy.
Saying he looks unthreatening now doesn't mean he looked particularly threatening before. He looked mildly cool in Melee. However, in Brawl he looks kindof.. lame? He does look like a joke tbh. Also, i'm not sure fox mains have model bias based on the star fox games.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
In 64 and in Melee, his design is/based in Star Fox 64, and in Brawl it's based in the one from Command, it may or may be not based on star fox games, but the designs are from these game anyway. I do like the command design, but fox doesn't look like a Fox in the Command design.

But I do say, that having the work to change whole character animations that don't interfere in the gameplay or make a vertex hack official just because people want the character to look like Melee is silly. As long the gameplay feels like the original, I don't see a point other than wanting extra work or personal satisfaction to change an idle animation or other minor things. Such as sound effects.

But still, I would not complain if they change these things because I prefer SF64 Fox, as I said, I like the command design, but just like it. But all these things should be optional, as the sound effects will be.

All of this, IMO, of course

Let us not discuss about this anyway, it's an issue for the BR, this may have been already discussed too much

AeonClock

Smash Apprentice
I seriously don't get why you would change fox back to his Melee design. I mean, it's not Melee ._____.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
I seriously don't get why you would change fox back to his Melee design. I mean, it's not Melee ._____.
'Cause his brawl design sucks.

And someone else made it so it's not actually taking away any development time.

And because Project M is just that awesome.

How can you not get it?

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
sick video spam
also how will not being able to code true spikes affect the project? will they all be meteor cancelable

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
^i wonder what not being able to code true-spikes would mean <___<

so guys, today we finally finished up the coding for taunt canceling. we can now taunt during dash. get @ us.

Magus420

Smash Master
Tumble DI is about 5 degrees more potent than Melee.

Non-tumble DI is nonexistent in Brawl, but was available in Melee.

The second is a larger problem than the first, in my opinion. We're looking to fix both, if possible.
To add to this I think the stronger DI only applies to being hit while in the air. When hit on the ground it's similar to Melee. Dunno if it applies to throw KB or not.

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
I don't care what y'all say, I kinda dig SFAdventures as an alt Fox texture.

G

genkaku

^i wonder what not being able to code true-spikes would mean <___<

so guys, today we finally finished up the coding for taunt canceling. we can now taunt during dash. get @ us.
I'm more hyped about this than physics ports.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
sick video spam
also how will not being able to code true spikes affect the project? will they all be meteor cancelable
Thanks. I'd love another shot at a PM trailer but thats down the road....maybe?

As for the true-spike I think they'll find a way around it....I hope.

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
I thought the sound effects were cut off when a taunt was interrupted in Brawl... has this changed?
Otherwise taunt cancelling wont be the same :(

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Is it possible for someone to fight there way into the team? The way it looks so far only recognized names are getting on the team which is understandable. However someone may have the skills but not the recognition? What if PMBR members had side tournaments whenever they are at a melee tournament. Winner becomes a tester. :bee:

camelot

Smash Ace
I thought the sound effects were cut off when a taunt was interrupted in Brawl... has this changed?
Otherwise taunt cancelling wont be the same :(
Some were like that. In particular, all of Sonic's were like that.

A lot of taunts were changed to work better with taunt cancels, so now Sonic, Captain Falcon, and Mario are god tier taunt cancelers, and some others are good, too.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
I doubt i'll even use taunt cancelling with link but.. if i cancel one of them in particular would i get a pixie dust sound thing? it's like link's way of saying "lolyousuck"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom