• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Auto L-canceling takes away a certain element of skill from the game. It's like adding auto-teching and ledgetechs and auto East Coast DI to the game. At some point you won't even need to hold the controller in order to play the ****ing game:laugh:.

I can see your point and your right nobody ever means to mess up an L-cancel but you do. NBA player don't mean to miss shots but they don't make all of them. I mean if the NBA placed a high powered Magnet inside the ball that made every shot automatically go in the hoop there would really be no point to the game anymore. I'm not saying it would have that kind of an effect. However there was a character on VBrawl that had considerably less lag on almost all his moves and he currently sits at god tier.:psycho:

All I'm saying is auto L-canceling takes away honed skills and makes playing highly technical characters such as fox/falco way to easy to play. In theory that sounds good but the last thing anyone wants if for this project to end up in the same place as BBrawl, Brawl-, or worse...Vbrawl....*pukes*
curious, why does everyone seem to hate on brawl-? just wondering since i rly don't get it @_@

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Auto l-canceling shouldn't be in. This is also coming from someone that had trouble honing l-canceling in Melee. L-canceling just feels right, as if though it fills in that dead space between controller inputs.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Almost everyone likes the white flash.
Yeah, its a really good idea; it'll really help novice players learn L-Cancelling as well as allowing pros to truly display their skill for spectators.

And I lol'd so hard at the chain glitch, have you guys ever considered just making Shiek's chain like ZSS's sidesmash/sideb? Or would the "full control" be missed?

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
Chain would be cool as a "special grab" move. Kinda like Bowser has 2 grabs, cept then extra throws would have to be programmed in and thats a hastle

Anything kinda useful would be nice, in melee it was just a waste of space/ something my sister got ticked off at when she accidently used sideB instead of upB and then to the side

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Anything kinda useful would be nice, in melee it was just a waste of space/ something my sister got ticked off at when she accidently used sideB instead of upB and then to the side
Lol. When that happens to other people I sing the spider man theme song to piss them off. it's priceless.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
works fine

10riivolutions
Yep.

Debug Pause also doesn't work with Riivolution, but that doesn't matter for Project M.
Yes it does. As does wiird<->usbgecko, and redirecting the games logging to usbgecko.
Alternate Stage Loader doesn't work, but can be fixed eventually.

ASL 2.0 is coming. And it has music.

does anyone else hate the white flash? thats all i notice in the new videos
I think we will make it not so bright eventually.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Okay so, I was playing Olimar in B- trying to use him like an actual character (which, if you know anything about Olimar-, it's that he isn't a character, but rather a moving spawn point for infinitely damaging minions) and I came up with an idea for Olimar in Project M.

Olimar carries only one Pikmin at a time with him. If Pikmin survivability could be increased, it would be even better

Neutral B kills the Pikmin currently with Olimar and replaces it with a new one randomly picked, or, if he has none with him, simply gives him a Pikmin (I'm not sure if killing Pikmin is possible but I would think it would be as simple as causing the Pikmin die action to take place when he presses it.)

Side B acts as when Kirby throws a Pikmin, causing slight knockback.

Down B maybe reflect projectiles on the whistle animation

Up B simply a standardized recovery with Olimar flinging upward with his current Pikmin in hand.

I hope something to this effect is possible.

Because Jesus Christ it's hard to work around Olimar's design.
More ideas to standardize Olimar.

F-smash should swing a Pikmin like he does with fair- that us like it, similar to it.

D-smash should swing around him, or something.

ugh, any one else got ideas for the stupider of his moves.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
IDK, the only codes that would have trouble are codes that piggyback off the FPC code.
And those work, you just have to put FPC in the GCT

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
ASL 2.0 is coming. And it has music.

Also, this is the best PM stream I've ever watched... I don't know if it's a better version of PM than the previous ones I've seen on stream, or if it's the people in the chat, but I've been enjoying every second of watching it, and those seconds are coming from several hours.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
From what I hear, those plans consist of a lot of discussion and little conclusions.
IDK about your sources but I have magic access to the Project M Back Room and as of now we've got some stuff in motion for Olimar.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Hey guys, before I spend time writing up an application to get Project M, do you think I have the qualifications? I'm one of the best SA Melee players, I know how to use pretty much everyone in both Brawl and Melee, I play Smash 64... That's about it.

Also, would it work for my PAL Wii?

EDIT: Oh, and I'm a game designer too. Not sure if that matters but I guess that would sort of give me a slight 1-up when it comes to learning how to use PSA and stuff.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
If you can homebrew your Wii to play NTSC Brawl, it'd probably work. I can't say on the other point, tho we are looking for more foreign interest. Currently we have European & Japanese people in the BR, so we might as well cover another continent.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
If you can homebrew your Wii to play NTSC Brawl, it'd probably work. I can't say on the other point, tho we are looking for more foreign interest. Currently we have European & Japanese people in the BR, so we might as well cover another continent.
Australians have lots to contribute, for example, I think Project M needs more kangaroos.
There is always room for more Kangaroos mate. Crikey.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i will pay you the sum of 3 snakes to get a playable version out soon (minus background, foreground elements, & pak e.derm)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
That chain glitch was awesome, but um, no. Glitches need to be fixed. :p
It's fine. It's hard to set up, hard to get your opponent to fall into it (especially if they know about it), and hard to perform. If it turns out to break the metagame in any way, we can always remove it later, but I highly doubt that will be necessary.

Australians have lots to contribute, for example, I think Project M needs more kangaroos.
There is always room for more Kangaroos mate. Crikey.
This is the best application I've seen yet :laugh:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I just ate 7 servings of chicken and I'm ready to do some ****ing programming. Let's go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom