• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTL17

Smash Lord
It's fine. It's hard to set up, hard to get your opponent to fall into it (especially if they know about it), and hard to perform. If it turns out to break the metagame in any way, we can always remove it later, but I highly doubt that will be necessary.
I dunno; it looked awfully easy to pull off. When Sheik takes out her chain, it discourages all melee approaches, as if you mess up, you lose your stock.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
you could jump over her.
or some other crazy strategy such as that

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Yeah, all you have to do is attack from the air and it can't possibly trap you. I don't see what the problem is.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Someone is going to abuse it and it isn't going to pretty. I saw the damage on Marth go up from 10% to 95 in the matter of two seconds and I can only imagine how much it would do to a fast faller. Especially one shiek already has an advantage over (aka, Captain Falcon)

So this is probabaly what will happen: Someone will abuse it, Shiek goes up in the tier list, people complain, big debate, it gets banned from PM tournament legal. So to prevent shenanigans you should remove it... or...

...Like I said before, Shiek's chain should just be more like ZSS's sidesmash or side b. It'll actually have a decent use and will more than likely be glitch proof.

Sorry if I'm coming off as a total ****. But it seems unneccesary to leave it; especially since you guys are saying that you really want to release a good product.

Then again, you could be joking and we are all suckers. If that is the case. Lol.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Or just lower the hitstun/increase the lag on her chain. or just slow down the entire animation...

Also: GAMEWATCHING I LOVE YOU. (And Yoshi's Story Melee :))

D

Deleted member

Awesome job with Yoshi Story. Will there be Shy Guys/Cloud (I'm assuming it's not there yet)?

Is it just me or are the slopes at the side greater than usual?

XkaruX

Smash Apprentice
If you can homebrew your Wii to play NTSC Brawl, it'd probably work. I can't say on the other point, tho we are looking for more foreign interest. Currently we have European & Japanese people in the BR, so we might as well cover another continent.
If thats the case, I can get the best players from my country to play it, we might not be that well known, but we love melee and we know how to play it well.

We are from Peru, South America.

Here is a small demostration of our gameplay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ26tNPO4ZY

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
When you guys release P:M you really need to include extra stages on the SSS. Like, Project M should include all the stages that GameWatching and other people have made.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
When you guys release P:M you really need to include extra stages on the SSS. Like, Project M should include all the stages that GameWatching and other people have made.
How large would that be, memory wise? I'm pretty sure its different for Homebrew, but for SD card users like me I am limited to 2GB due to the fact that Brawl (Not sure about other games) doesn't recognize anything larger. I may be mistaken though.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i think riivolution can read sdhc? but still, the project shouldn't get too big that people have to get whole new sd cards. i think you should def. limit to under 1 GB

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The stage .pac's are about 2 MB at max. They're currently included in our builds (So far, Dreamland 64, Metal Mario Stage, Hyrule Castle, Rumble Falls+, Melee FD, & Frozen Pokemon Stadium 2).

And you guys are overreacting about the chain. We'll remove it if it's ever an actual problem, but it isn't right now.

Project M is at like 125 MB at the moment.

XkaruX

Smash Apprentice
The stage .pac's are about 2 MB at max. They're currently included in our builds (So far, Dreamland 64, Metal Mario Stage, Hyrule Castle, Rumble Falls+, Melee FD, & Frozen Pokemon Stadium 2).

And you guys are overreacting about the chain. We'll remove it if it's ever an actual problem, but it isn't right now.

Project M is at like 125 MB at the moment.
Well, since you ingnored me, I guess that is a "no", lol
If you want South America support, just let me know.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
thats not melee fd... not yet...

<_< >_>

also, you pmbr people need to go get the latest update to the metal mario stage on smashmods.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Yeah, character pacs, stage pacs, and the code gct should not take up that much space at all. In fact, a large amount of space on my SD is occupied by music and textures.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Noob Question: so do the vertex/character texture hacks only replace certain costumes, or the entire character's appearance?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
They act as individual costumes. Only a moveset (and its respective motionetc file) judges the entire set.

Now if the moveset calls for a change in model bones like say, Zero Link where he creates a saber out of his arm and keeps the sword and shield away, this is also universal to Link.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
It really wouldn't. It'd add maybe 15-20MB and that's really it.

Now I don't know much about the Stage Roster Expansion, but doesn't it essentially make 9 extra Battlefields? That would also mean that they all use the same music right?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Yeah, character pacs, stage pacs, and the code gct should not take up that much space at all. In fact, a large amount of space on my SD is occupied by music and textures.
But they do. If you want Project M, then you need them all. Simple. Animation hacks make us add an approximately 10MB file per character, and that's where most of the size comes from.

D

Deleted member

The size of the files for P:M shouldn't get too out of hand in regards to the average size of SD cards and their prices.

We're talking about a 2 GB card being 10 dollars and a 4GB card being anywhere from 20-30 $. Not bad.

What is the load capacity for SD cards with the Wii? There a limit still to what the Wii allows you to load?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
There's a limit to what Brawl allows you to load, tho with Riivolution SDHC cards can be read.
We'll probably eventually switch over to Riivolution as the main method of loading Project M anyway.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I still don't get how Riivolution works >.>

and the stage expansion pack doesn't necessarily have to be 9 extra battlefields. From what I know it can be 9 completely different stages...if that's not right, according to Dantarion and his magic the music wouldn't necessarily be the same anyways.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
There will be no expansion pack. All stages will be included.

ds22: Riivolution is infinitely better and exactly as accessible as Gecko OS or Neogamma. Really don't see why we should support 'em if Riivolution can help us accomplish something we can't otherwise. Like sounds replacement.

ds22

Smash Lord
There will be no expansion pack. All stages will be included.

ds22: Riivolution is infinitely better and exactly as accessible as Gecko OS or Neogamma. Really don't see why we should support 'em if Riivolution can help us accomplish something we can't otherwise. Like sounds replacement.
Because I use USB-Loader, since I originally have the PAL version of SSBB and use the NTSC version for the hacks and codes.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Quick question: Does Riivolution only work with SDHC?

and what do you mean by "all stages will be included"? Do you mean all the normal stages? but nothing else?
....No Yoshi Story or FoD? ;_;

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Quick question: Does Riivolution only work with SDHC?
No.

and what do you mean by "all stages will be included"? Do you mean all the normal stages? but nothing else?
....No Yoshi Story or FoD? ;_;
Also no. It means everything will be a cohesive single download. Maybe vertex/sfx changes on the side, but anything that impacts gameplay will be in one download.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
If I use Riivolution with an SDHC card, will I be able to use custom music or textures? Or will I still have to use a normal sd card?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
*picard*

Yes. Riivolution is exactly like File Replacement Code, except it basically works with everything. (Except USB Loaders) Look it up. >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom