• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
An infinitely stalling recovery breaks the game and forces us to put a soft ban on it, which is undesirable.

The chain glitch is a very easily avoidable high-risk high-reward trap. We aren't gonna take out Warlock Punch or Rest just because they can kill some characters at 20%.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
An infinitely stalling recovery breaks the game and forces us to put a soft ban on it, which is undesirable.

The chain glitch is a very easily avoidable high-risk high-reward trap. We aren't gonna take out Warlock Punch or Rest just because they can kill some characters at 20%.
Thankyou for putting that in perspective for me.I see your point now.

Also, on a side note in regards to Ness/Lucas's recovery. Did you leave zap jumping?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
If the PKT2 teching thing doesn't work out, I'd maybe follow up on my suggestion for rebounds unless that would be difficult to code.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Dant/ Windowl......if you guys are talking about catching items with aerials.....no

plz no (keep on Z)

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion

Melee has a few, and they have never been an issue....

Stratocaster

Smash Ace

Rest and Warlock Punch were in Melee
Chain glitch was not
Shiek was already top tier and does not need her own "rest"
(I do understand rest=/=chain glitch, but that was your example so)

Maybe you should give Fox a high-risk high-reward attack too cause he doesn't have one yet!

Shiek is by nature a weak, quick, comboer, not someone who gets one attack that does tons of damage, also rest and warlock punch have a lot of knockback but if chain glitch can really bring someone from 20%-80% thats way more damage than anything short of a long combo. It was argued you can jump over it and attack from behind, but what about if she's on the ledge, some characters may have a really hard time getting around her, attacking before she gets out of the animation, and recovering if they can't land behind her since she's on the ledge. There is simply no reason to leave such a move in... besides it may take more work to take out.

I do appreciate all the work
but thats my 2 cents

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
it's not a fact. everything you've said in this topic has been riddled with mediocrity and bias and i'm tired of it. quit declaring apocalypse on this project until an actual problem pops up that we have the ability to fix but choose not to that has a legitimate negative impact.

this isn't hostility at all, this is just my way of saying put up or shut up. :)

Sterowent

Smash Ace
Stratocaster has a point. character design comes first, followed by balance. or that's what this project has been saying for the longest time. it's something i really appreciate, too.

that glitch, even if it is a balanced option, doesn't belong on sheik. it's not like her character design at all, besides being lame.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
alright thesilenceofnoone. im just trying to make sure this project is well received by the masses. if worse comes to worst we'll all just manually edit stuff like absorb pummel and chain glitch out of the game =/

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I'm gonna say it again. We don't know how to fix chain glitch. You won't either. Absorb pummel came out of the incubator; it's not final, it's a test, subject to change. EVERYTHING is subject to change. People get riled up and **** their panties because we're trying things out. It's getting REALLY annoying.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
Wasn't aware it was an unknown fix, and I was only speaking up because it seemed like people in charge had decided it was a fine and I disagree. If it can be fixed, I think it should, or at least be looked into changing the move in some other way. If it can't then it could be banned if its a problem or left alone if its not. I didn't intend to get you mad just cause I disagreed that it should be in the game.

Magus420

Smash Master
Got any good ideas for how Ganondorf can reliably get through the chain being used properly? I was under the impression this move (not even counting the lock) could single-handedly shut him down completely due to his lack of a projectile, no heavily disjointed attacks + range, and no fast aerial (come in from above, take a hit then aerial before the chain hits again). What new option does he have from Brawl have that makes it now easily beatable?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Dtilt and ftilt get through, also you dont need a massive disjoint if you get hit by the electric hitbox because there's a few frames before the hitbox refreshes.

Magus420

Smash Master
Awesome, so assuming that's actually true (I was told otherwise), if you d/f-tilt perfectly you'll get a hit and if you're the slightest bit off you take 150 damage for it because the hits aren't even DIable.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
alright thesilenceofnoone. im just trying to make sure this project is well received by the masses. if worse comes to worst we'll all just manually edit stuff like absorb pummel and chain glitch out of the game =/

i like the idea of absorb pummel with ivy =/ it makes sense at least.. it's not like they're giving EVERYONE pummels like this. it's just something to make him unique. but oh well no use arguing i guess.
inb4youjustargued*******

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
get out.

we don't even know how to fix it right now. shut your face.
it's not a fact. everything you've said in this topic has been riddled with mediocrity and bias and i'm tired of it. quit declaring apocalypse on this project until an actual problem pops up that we have the ability to fix but choose not to that has a legitimate negative impact.

this isn't hostility at all, this is just my way of saying put up or shut up. :)
I'm gonna say it again. We don't know how to fix chain glitch. You won't either. Absorb pummel came out of the incubator; it's not final, it's a test, subject to change. EVERYTHING is subject to change. People get riled up and **** their panties because we're trying things out. It's getting REALLY annoying.
I understand that you guys have to deal with a lot of frustrating things while making a project for the public that is being constructed entirely on your skills as hackers and your love for melee but treating bystanders like this is just not cool at all. Were all here for the same goal and everyone looks forward to the final product but seeing the devs treat the audience like **** for a simple statement about a stupid glitch that will hopefully get fixed makes me mad. If you aren't able to handle suggestions for a project in the alpha stages then why are you making the project in the first place? The lack of professionalism when dealing with fans is a bit disturbing tbh

tldr: no need to be a ****

The point is, unless someone knows what's causing the glitch and knows how to fix it it won't be fixed for the time being.
thanks for the clear and respectful answer:)

D

Deleted member

I'm hearing a lot about the chain "glitch", but I haven't seen any description of it in here (I've been silently stalking this thread, so I don't think I missed it). What is the so called glitch?

Also, the talk of menus (smash 64 menus would be awesome) made me curious. How are the loading times for P:M? As fast as 64, as slow as barwl, faster, slower?

Sterowent

Smash Ace
eh, stingers is a master troll, though. TSON is swayed by his internet powers.

i really like seeing you guys experiment, by the way. how else would newcomers receive viable, interesting gimmicks if not to test them? theorycraft only goes so far, and if something doesn't fit i trust you guys will know it.

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
I'm hearing a lot about the chain "glitch", but I haven't seen any description of it in here (I've been silently stalking this thread, so I don't think I missed it). What is the so called glitch?

Also, the talk of menus (smash 64 menus would be awesome) made me curious. How are the loading times for P:M? As fast as 64, as slow as barwl, faster, slower?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzpP4h-ngV8

Magus420

Smash Master
That's the chain jacket glitch. The chain lock is where you can wiggle the stick to make the hitboxes refresh ridiculously fast and do tons of damage in a very short amount of time, you can't DI out of it, and if blocked it locks them in shieldstun until it shieldpokes and then it does tons of damage. It's more like a 'feature' than a glitch.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I understand that you guys have to deal with a lot of frustrating things while making a project for the public that is being constructed entirely on your skills as hackers and your love for melee but treating bystanders like this is just not cool at all. Were all here for the same goal and everyone looks forward to the final product but seeing the devs treat the audience like **** for a simple statement about a stupid glitch that will hopefully get fixed makes me mad. If you aren't able to handle suggestions for a project in the alpha stages then why are you making the project in the first place? The lack of professionalism when dealing with fans is a bit disturbing tbh

tldr: no need to be a ****
His suggestions are not suggestions. We just got done saying that we could not fix it at the time being and yet he still persisted in calling it "the end of the project" because we could not. That doesn't sit well with me. And calling me out like this doesn't do anything for anyone. I'm a fan of Project M too, but I'm no official face or in charge of PR or anything. I have no "internet powers" (and neither does he @sterowent) on this forum at all. I'm a person too and I get mad as well. Don't think of me as scolding anyone on behalf of Project M, I'm not. If you thought that was the case, you are mistaken. Just because I code for Project M doesn't mean that I'm not allowed to have feelings.

I/We can handle suggestions. That was not a suggestion. It was a biased statement intended to be harmful and/or bullying to us, made by a longtime troll. If it was stated in a simple and nice way, then I would have just told him that we can't fix it. But it wasn't. I wasn't treating him like **** and I apologize if you took it that way, that's just me pulling my virtual hair out. Look at the rest of his posts in this topic and see if you can honestly tell me that he didn't deserve that.

Our gimmicks are tests, nothing more. If we get "end of this project" predictions for experimenting then maybe we should be completely quiet until final release where everything will be finalized. No beta, no streams, no "dojo updates". Then we would have less trolls! ^___^

Awesome, so assuming that's actually true (I was told otherwise), if you d/f-tilt perfectly you'll get a hit and if you're the slightest bit off you take 150 damage for it because the hits aren't even DIable.
If you hold a direction you still get out due to the small DI periods between refreshes (assuming nobody can refresh every frame)

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Uh, I wasn't trying to harm anything, and I'm seriously getting tired with you talking a bunch of **** all the time, I genuinely try to help out with my comments here by giving my opinion on what's unnecessary or unprofessional. I was referring to the apparent wishes of the developers to keep the chain glitch IN (see: Jcaesers post), which would be the death of this project, yes.

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
If you can't fix the chain jacket glitch why not change Sheik's side B? The chain was always a waste of a move, maybe you could replace it with a better move made by hackers

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
jcaesar is one person. one person does not decide for the whole project. calling the death of the project before it's even released is extremely hasty and is a way of bullying us to do what you want using others' opinions as your sword.

EDIT: I haven't seen the chain called bad before, especially not with the new physics regarding hitbox refreshes.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
People take posts by smash developers seriously in these threads, whether you guys intend them that way or not. Especially when referring to an object of contention like the chain glitch.

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
Well I always thought the chain was lame, even in melee. Maybe you could replace the chain with a deku nut throw of some sort?

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Guys I'm pretty sure they're joking about keeping the chain glitch in. It's ****ing ridiculous, there's no way to justify over9000% in about 10 seconds by pressing forward b :laugh:

However, it does suck that it seems like you don't know what's causing it >_>

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Well I always thought the chain was lame, even in melee. Maybe you could replace the chain with a deku nut throw of some sort?
i thought of that actually and it'd probably be broken as all hell.

edit: make it a ninja ***** slap =)

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
The deku nut throw could be like Mewtwo's Down B. Sheik could throw the deku nut forward and have it explode very close to her. The explosion would put a player in sheild break stun but only for short time, much like Mewto's Down B

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I was referring to the apparent wishes of the developers to keep the chain glitch IN (see: Jcaesers post), which would be the death of this project, yes.
Um, it's in Brawl and Brawl+ (ok, Brawl+ is dead, but not for that reason) and every other hack, and no one ever flips a **** about it like you're doing.

Ryoko is the only player I know of who ever uses it, and when I've played against his Sheik he never landed it on me in an actual match, so it never seemed like much of a problem to me, but Magus does bring up some good points, as does TSON (like how we can't fix it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom