• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
On another note, could someone please put the statue back in delfino plaza? It shouldn't be that difficult, the statue only has like 20 polygons in comparison to fountain of dreams

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I got out when Ryoko hit me with it back in the Brawl+ days by holding right. But I'll take your word for it Magus

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
If we get "end of this project" predictions for experimenting then maybe we should be completely quiet until final release where everything will be finalized. No beta, no streams, no "dojo updates". Then we would have less trolls! ^___^
After all you've shown already, you'd definitely get more trolls if you suddenly stopped showing things >_>

(And yes I know you were joking)

Cero

Smash Lord
About the Ness being able to tech his own up-b thing, just make it so that when he techs a wall, he's forced to wall jump and after that, he can't tech his up-b again.
Also, he shouldn't be able to tech ceilings out of his up-b either.

iLink

Smash Champion
Yeah I don't know if you guys understand which chain glitch that is being referred to

They are not talking about this chain jacket glitch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzpP4h-ngV8

I only saw it on the stream, but it hit ridiculously fast and racked up like 90% in like 2 seconds. I'm not really sure how it was done since I was just watching the stream though.

If you guys are indeed talking about this then excuse me but it just doesn't seem like you guys were aware of it.

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
Forcing someone to wall jump whenever they tech would screw them up. Additionally what would happen if you teched the ceiling, would you just wall jump off of nothing?

Cero

Smash Lord
?

I said, in my previous post, that Ness shouldn't be able to tech out of his up-b from a ceiling. (Not because of the wall jump thing, but because that might encourage stalling tactics and that can't be a good thing.)

And, what do you mean "screw them up"? If they know that they're going to wall jump out of the teched up-b, they can plan accordingly. (Also, characters are able to do various things immediately out of a wall jump. Think of scar jumping b-airs with Falcon, only with Ness.)

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
I really like the idea of shiek throwing a stunning deku nut right in front of her. It's much more ninja-ey than standing there, flinging a chain around.

One characteristic I'd like to see added to this deku nut though is the smoke ball smoke popping out for a split second, except not colored and large enough to cover you. That'd be tight. *nerdgasm*

iLink

Smash Champion
I just don't know about adding something good to a character that REALLY doesn't need it.

D

Deleted member

People need to learn when not to post in a pretentious ****storm then act like a kiss *** posting smileys all over.

And that this is not a social thread where people debate the scientific qualities of whether Melee Fox vs Brawl Fox vertex hacks are better.

This thread is getting harder to read .

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
the smoke ball smoke popping out for a split second, except not colored and large enough to cover you. That'd be tight. *nerdgasm*
In a weird way I like this idea. In the event Zelda and Sheik become completely separated(I think they should personally), I think that could be a good Down B for Sheik. It doesn't really buff her but it adds something new to her.

bleyva

Smash Ace
i've got an idea....how bout closing this thread off to anyone who isnt posting a video or a stream >_>

hell, 99% of the **** thats suggested here isnt even considered, why bother? :D :D :D :D

D

Deleted member

Seriously...I guess to some it would be better if nobody ever posted here or nobody gave 2 ****s or a **** about this project.
Nah. This project is madly hyped.

People just need to take a break from their oh-so demanding schedules of lurking in this thread 24/7 and creating then perpetuating annoying topics.

If this topic becomes one of those annoying 6 page long ****storms, I will be so disappointed.

ManEg

Smash Journeyman
Nah. This project is madly hyped.

People just need to take a break from their oh-so demanding schedules of lurking in this thread 24/7 and creating then perpetuating annoying topics.
Yeah, it's kind of impressive how people spam (no pun intended) ideas out without having a clue of what the developers have in mind; I say wait until official changes are announced, then post if you agree/not agree with it. But I guess that would make the wait even more unbearable right? :laugh:

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
ness teching his up b is no worse than peach wall bombing. stalling is banned at every tourney regardless... no one is gonna infinitely stall with ness be serious.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yeah, the whole "stalling is banned" rule kinda defeats the idea most people have that teching out of his upb could lead to stalling.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
That's exactly what I was thinking. It just seemed theoretically incredibly impractical to stall with period.

D

Deleted member

ness teching his up b is no worse than peach wall bombing. stalling is banned at every tourney regardless... no one is gonna infinitely stall with ness be serious.
Yeah, it could just be the TO's decision whether the person is stalling or not. It can also be reviewed via replay as well.

But, you could add something as a detriment to discourage it if it were to be used repetitively.
Say, have Ness fall just a bit faster every time he techs the wall and attempts to use another up-b.

Ness has a cool edgeguarding game with his DJC option, but his recovery makes it so he cannot gimp at low percentages easily. He can use his double jump option to do a normal jump and fair/nair/dair for an edgeguard technique. He runs the risk of hitting the opponent with his PK bolt when making that small circle and may die.

If he were able to grab the edge after using a double jump aerial without his up-b, he would have tremendous edgeguard potential. Heck, he already kinda does have a lot of potential off stage.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Seriously...I guess to some it would be better if nobody ever posted here or nobody gave 2 ****s or a **** about this project.
eh. my point was more "if there are people involved there is always gonna be some stupidity."

you can't criticize people for starting stupid arguments/suggesting stupid ideas rly. it's like criticizing a ****** for being short.
/istolethatlinefromzeropunctuationinb4sue

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
eh. my point was more "if there are people involved there is always gonna be some stupidity."

you can't criticize people for starting stupid arguments/suggesting stupid ideas rly. it's like criticizing a ****** for being short.
/istolethatlinefromzeropunctuationinb4sue
I got your point. I was just making a dramatic over the top example.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
The following message is coming from a Ness main in all 3 Smash games:

Do NOT make PKT2 techable.

a) It is a pointless buff. What is the reasoning for it?
b) It would completely defeat the learning curve that move requires for recovery.

Has anyone here seen Simna's PKT2 guide? That shows that the move is good enough already, and it takes skill to use effectively. This is the same argument that was used for L-Cancelling, not making it auto lets players show their tech skill, PKT2 lets Ness players do the same.

If it is getting any buff, all it needs is for PKT1 to not put you in special fall. Simple as that.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
If it is getting any buff, all it needs is for PKT1 to not put you in special fall. Simple as that.
nah, man. brawl+ tried that, and it led to many, many ridiculous options(edit, onstage and off). hell, if you're talking about a learning curve for ness, why suggest taking away one of his greatest weaknesses, aka the huge hole in his recovery?

edit: unless ness only gets one PKT1 per trip in the air unless hit. then i'm pretty sure b+ still had problems with ness outside of recovery stuff. don't remember the specifics, though.

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
The following message is coming from a Ness main in all 3 Smash games:

Do NOT make PKT2 techable.

a) It is a pointless buff. What is the reasoning for it?
b) It would completely defeat the learning curve that move requires for recovery.

Has anyone here seen Simna's PKT2 guide? That shows that the move is good enough already, and it takes skill to use effectively. This is the same argument that was used for L-Cancelling, not making it auto lets players show their tech skill, PKT2 lets Ness players do the same.

manual wall tech =/= auto L cancel

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
nah, man. brawl+ tried that, and it led to many, many ridiculous options(edit, onstage and off). hell, if you're talking about a learning curve for ness, why suggest taking away one of his greatest weaknesses, aka the huge hole in his recovery?

edit: unless ness only gets one PKT1 per trip in the air unless hit. then i'm pretty sure b+ still had problems with ness outside of recovery stuff. don't remember the specifics, though.
Oh, fair enough then. I didn't play Brawl+ much. Just don't buff the attack at all then.

manual wall tech =/= auto L cancel
That's great, now let me actually post reasons to why you are wrong instead of saying "manual wall tech = auto l cancel"

FACTS:
L-cancelling shows tech skill.
i.e. If you see someone L-Cancelling consistently you know they are good.
Auto L-Cancelling shows no tech skill.
One of the arguments for not making L-Cancelling auto is that it stops players from showing tech skill.

Being able to aim PKT2 shows tech skill.
i.e. If you see someone aiming PKT2 consistently you know they are good.
Being able to tech wall-blasting shows little tech skill (as teching is incredibly easy and means that you don't get punished for failing at PKT2.
One of my arguments for not making PKT2 techable is that it stops players from showing tech skill.

Get it? Good.

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
That's great, now let me actually post reasons to why you are wrong instead of saying "manual wall tech = auto l cancel"

FACTS:
L-cancelling shows tech skill.
i.e. If you see someone L-Cancelling consistently you know they are good.
Auto L-Cancelling shows no tech skill.
One of the arguments for not making L-Cancelling auto is that it stops players from showing tech skill.

Being able to aim PKT2 shows tech skill.
i.e. If you see someone aiming PKT2 consistently you know they are good.
Being able to tech wall-blasting shows little tech skill (as teching is incredibly easy and means that you don't get punished for failing at PKT2.
One of my arguments for not making PKT2 techable is that it stops players from showing tech skill.

Get it? Good.
Unless you're a beginner, L cancelling is second nature.

What makes you think being able to wall tech removes the need to be good at aiming? Without good aiming, you won't even hit the stage. Think about it. You'll need to aim at a specific part of the stage that puts you at an advantage. It adds more "tech skill". Also, the wall teching isn't automatic so you'll have to time your button press depending on how far you are away from the edge. If the player is dumb, he'll miss that wall tech and just hit the stage and die.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Unless you're a beginner, L cancelling is second nature.

What makes you think being able to wall tech removes the need to be good at aiming? Without good aiming, you won't even hit the stage. Think about it. You'll need to aim at a specific part of the stage that puts you at an advantage. It adds more "tech skill". Also, the wall teching isn't automatic so you'll have to time your button press depending on how far you are away from the edge. If the player is dumb, he'll miss that wall tech and just hit the stage and die.
In terms of simplicity, Teching >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> L-Cancelling.

It does not add more tech skill. It takes much more skill to get one try to aim for reaching the stage, this is while avoiding your opponent's edge hogs and guards, and the wall-sliding techniques than to just smash straight into the wall, and then try again.

There is a difference between a player being dumb and a player being a beginner btw.
If we call it tech skill because a n00b can't do it, then I guess we should be calling spiking tech skill as well.

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
grimtuesday i think you feel to much pride for simple l cancels haha
also teching and l canceling are very similar in the actual button press (they use the same button with similar timing)
ledgeteching is often more difficult as it requires you to time your tech and to di to make the tech possible in the first place so...

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
another chance at recovery also means another chance at edge guarding and having more time to set up and rethink ur edge guard if needed. Just because you get another try doens't make anything easier. You still have to aim, you still have to avoid being hit. God forbid if the recovery had some sort of mix up ability. Or we can add it and you choose not to do it? Either way its a good idea that should be considered ness main or not. And I'm sure theres a bunch of ness mains that would like the idea of being able to tech. It honestly wouldn't make ness any easier to play or any more difficult to edge guard, im still gonna jump and make ur pkt2 hit me and your still gonna die lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom