• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameWatching

Smash Ace
yup !
i removed falco holster because the gun in is not the real one :laugh:
i also fixed the platform for yoshi story and started adding the cloud path :

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Maybe it's just me, but the top platform still looks a little bit too low. I'd wait for a second opinion though.

However, I think the main base looks absolutely perfect and doesn't need any further changes. You got the slants exactly right and it looks like the correct size.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yeah, the platforms in Melee actually hang over the edge of the stage.

Revven

FrankerZ
Yes, that's what he was saying, Falco doesn't actually pull out the gun from there (that's what I got from what he said anyway)

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
my favorite example of the above would be captain falcons gun.
who needs guns when you have KNEES!?

I R MarF

Smash Ace
my favorite example of the above would be captain falcons gun.
who needs guns when you have KNEES!?
Words of truth.

Captain Falcon just keeps his gun just to prove a point. Sure, he could pull it out and end the battle with the squeeze of a trigger, but that simply isn't manly enough.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
That's AWESOME man!! So wait, let me get this straight, you're capable of making the cloud move on its set path like it did in Melee?!?
Yep, he just needs make a model with the cloud texture on it, add a collision in which he'd attach to that model, and move that sucker around in an animation and there you go!

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
is it possible to modify that code to get what we need? It looks like the landing detection in that video is set to the persons chest lol.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I just remembered something. Landing detection would make recovering through the platform on Delfina Plaza not nearly as ****ing annoying. I hate literally getting up to the knees or shins and still falling.

Anyways, I'm assuming Dantarion knows the offsets or such in the code that alter where the landing is picked up. It's just figuring out that insta-land deal. I'm curious of whether or not it's related to the point at which you land that is causing it.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
At least it's more progess, though! It probably saved time on figuring out landing detection, even though it's just a start.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
OMG SO THEN A BETA CAN BE RELEASED SOON OMGOMGOMG

i think he made the landing detection extremely off to showcase it. it's not as noticeable when it's at the shins.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Dantarion is on the coders list for Project M. I believe that answers your question.
*Quits life for not knowing* I wonder how this will look with PM though. Still any progress is good :)

I just remembered something. Landing detection would make recovering through the platform on Delfina Plaza not nearly as ****ing annoying. I hate literally getting up to the knees or shins and still falling.
Possibly. However things like that often still happen in Melee on places like DK64 and Brimstar.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
YESZ! Landing Detection!

Of course, I assume there is still plenty to be done. Has the knock back issues been figured out?

MacKellarTeam1

Smash Cadet
So is it official. Landing detection has been sorted out? Gannon will again be able to smash skulls through platforms with that code in the video?

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
People, calm down. Dantarion found something which may or may not solve our problems with some more work and luck. We don't have any fancy finished working code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom