• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kati

Smash Lord
...shield bash would be intense... maybe too intense...

---

I have a dream that someday I will check out a random smash stream on twitch, see Metaknight Vs. Snake, but then realize that the game is P:M 2.6 and not vBrawl.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
me and standardtoaster were discussing how dumb phat bacon was

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Note to self: Remember that everyone who kinda plays GnW realizes that big random chef pieces are a problem, even if no one says it outright.

ItalianStallion

Smash Journeyman
Bacon was a really nice 2.6 buff, and I am loving it, but I would disagree about it being toxic or dumb. The guys I have been training in PM since the beginning of this summer (They have had little to no smash experience before I started training them), are already finding ways around it and learning to deal with it.

I mean, if we are going to say G&W's bacon is dumb, why not Falco's lasers, or Mario's fireballs?

EDIT: And I kinda play G&W.

Yung Mei

i main gnw, and given that i am the jankiest/kawaiiest/realest ***** alive/bishiest gnw in the universe i know what i am talking about when i say

also, falco's lasers and mario's fireballs aren't exactly random like GNW's bacon (plus they pretty much do the exact same thing everytime you use them, set percet and knockback) , so honestly, thats a pretty crappy comparison, considering gnw now has like , what 4-5 different things that can come out of nB at any time, and deal varying percents ranging from low to high as ****

ItalianStallion

Smash Journeyman
i main gnw, and given that i am the jankiest/kawaiiest/realest ***** alive/bishiest gnw in the universe i know what i am talking about when i say

also, falco's lasers and mario's fireballs aren't exactly random like GNW's bacon (plus they pretty much do the exact same thing everytime you use them, set percet and knockback) , so honestly, thats a pretty crappy comparison, considering gnw now has like , what 4-5 different things that can come out, of nB at any time
So a move you can't rely on to do the same thing every time is more toxic than a move you can rely on??

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Note to self: Remember that everyone who kinda plays GnW realizes that big random chef pieces are a problem, even if no one says it outright.
Dakpo actually thinks the big meats are a little silly also, and that it wasn't something he necessarily needed.

ItalianStallion

Smash Journeyman
Dakpo actually thinks the big meats are a little silly also, and that it wasn't something he necessarily needed.
Silly? No. Funny? Yes.
Something he didn't need? Possibly. G&W was underrated in 2.5.
But is the 2.6 Bacon toxic or dumb? Nah. If we decide random big meats on a already random projectile is bad design, then why is a more reliant projectile like Falco's laser considered non-toxic and good design?

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Nap, m3troid and I already also think that is is unnecessary in this form.

I mentioned something before, that I think it would be something cool if you could at least be able to knowingly attempt to get it. (Some sort of wonky just frame input or something, idk) But, I've had it randomly hurt what I'm trying to do in a combo or out of a setup more than help it... which I think is a problem. It is not "toxic", but it feels dumb for sure. Unlike the other bacon change that I heard (if you hold up or down on the control stick while using chef, you get the up-most and down-most release tradjectories), of course.

Playing the slots is fun and all, but maybe let's keep it off of the anti-approach and approach move that GnW kinda needs.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Silly? No. Funny? Yes.
Something he didn't need? Possibly. G&W was underrated in 2.5.
But is the 2.6 Bacon toxic or dumb? Nah. If we decide random big meats on a already random projectile is bad design, then why is a more reliant projectile like Falco's laser considered non-toxic and good design?
well Bacon is already a REALLY good projectile. It land cancels, and provides top-tier coverage above G&W's head while the pan keeps a decent hitbox in front of him. The opponent cannot run up and shield it because the pan is plus on block, and did I mention it land cancels? The bacon also serves to make it safer for you to throw out more bacon. Mr. G&W can creep forward with huge stage control unless you have a projectile or ranged attack that cuts through all the bacon. I'm not sure how Sonic or Captain Falcon plan on handling it effectively, but admittedly, I just recently started experimenting with what attacks go through it.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
It doesn't have "top tier" coverage above his head, since he still gets bopped by a good 45 degree approach or you know, dash dancing for the most part... but it has pretty good coverage. Big chef pieces have excellent coverage though, which would make it... you know... make sense if you could do it intentionally, lol.

GnW up-B should be as good as Bowsers, imo.

Yung Mei

falco's laser doesnt have random trajectory/ can apparently be curved to a desired angle like Juushichi said, nor can it randomly spawn huge lasers that deal huge percent WITHOUT any lag at all

again, my issue with phat meat isnt that its there, but its that it happens too damn much with little to no consequence to GNW

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
It doesn't have "top tier" coverage above his head, since he still gets bopped by a good 45 degree approach or you know, dash dancing for the most part... but it has pretty good coverage. Big chef pieces have excellent coverage though, which would make it... you know... make sense if you could do it intentionally, lol.

GnW up-B should be as good as Bowsers, imo.
45 degree angle? Dash dancing? Are we talking about the same game? Those are the very techniques that bacon beats!

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I'm willing to think that Dakpo's success in dealing with those things is mostly an anomaly, because that is very much a weakness of a lot of characters in this game and certainly one of Mr. Game and Watch's.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Some characters have moves that go through the bacon pretty cleanly like DK's nair and Fox's dair, meanwhile, other characters such as Sonic and C. Falcon lack the priority to beat bacon with attacks on a consistent basis. Falcon's b-air sometimes does the job, but you can't just short hop in at a 45 degree angle. You have to full hop fast fall at a steeper angle, which takes a bit longer and is telegraphed more. Sonic's answer is actually to spin underneath the bacon, but that relies on the RNG giving G&W some crap angles for his bacon. The window for hitting G&W is between the hits of the frying pan.

Also, full hop bacon from across the screen and then approaching underneath your own bacon is a really good space controlling tool for Mr. G&W. Not surprisingly, it's easier to set up short hop bacon after a full hop bacon.

I don't see how dash dancing helps against bacon at all. Mr. G&W will just adjust his spacing in the air depending on where you're at before he tosses more bacon. Once the bacon is above you, you'll have to retreat slightly, and Mr. G&W will advance forward.

Yung Mei

the most falcon can do (at least with what ive played against) for GNW is just choose wide stages with platforms, and use the platforms to his advantage. GNW has a lot of stuff against falcon, but hes just big enough for falcon to **** him up if he gets the opening

D

Deleted member

Big Bacon is awesome, but I do agree that it should be made more predictable. Why not make it so that, say, every 20th bacon is a Big Bacon.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
grimy apartment tourney @ www.twitch.tv/play_for_keeps

everyone throws in 5 bucks

singles starting soon

~~~~~live with blunted_object10 vs robyextreme

up next: noJons vs $ini$terB $$$$$

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
It would be nice to have a Project: M technique guide, because the number of advanced move variations increases per release and not everyone wants to ask or be asked all the time what every little technique name means and how to perform them correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom