• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rarik

Smash Journeyman
Reverse Aerial Rush is pretty easy. Once you get past your dash dance length and try to turn you get that super long turn around animation. In melee if you jumped during this you would face the same way as your original dash. In brawl and PM you turn around and face the opposite direction of your original dash. So, for example. If I dash left, go into a run and then try to turn around to go right (so I'm now in that stupid turn around animation), but then jump, I would be facing right, allowing me to do a back air towards the left. Doing this in Melee you'd still be facing left.

D

Deleted member

nevermind...

In other news, I made pancakes this morning from scratch. Who else likes pancakes? I like pancakes.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Not that much a fan of pancakes, obsessed with watermelon and lipton ice tea; currently in a quest to find the legendary watermelon flavored lipton ice tea

| Kailex |

NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
No >:( you have no right to say dat *****, dat be very rude an' disrespectful to the legend

Vashimus

Smash Master
I used the GAF guides as well. Any more trouble shooting you can think of helps though. I'll try going through the motions and going through the guide word for word yet again.

I've only ever tried loading Melee, so the compatibility list isn't of much use.

Unless using DIOS MIOS and cfg to put a game from disk format to USB doesn't work. I get a "Super Smash Bros. Melee" game cover in cfg though, so it knows it's there. It just, goes to a black screen with no information about what went wrong when I go to load it.

Just did a fresh install of the latest DIOS MIOS (2.10)with the latest DIOS MIOS Compatible CFG (cfg70MODr51.dol) and still getting black screens literally as soon as I click launch for Melee. I've not had any troubles loading or copying Wii games to USB.

I also double checked this:

"I get a black screen when I try to launch games with DIOS MIOS
  • This might be a drive incompatibility. The FAT32 partition might need to be the first valid partition on the drive and be marked as Active and Primary. Marking as Active can be done in Windows via Computer Management…Disk Management. Use the Run box in the Start menu to get to Computer Management"
And confirmed that my "DM" drive ( J: ) is FAT32 with 32KB cluster, first partition, active and primary. So that isn't the culprit.

I guess Melee SDR is just a pipedream for crazy dreamers.

Did you try setting it to Wumbo?

Burnsy

Smash Lord
Mine would probly be Bawls, I haven't had it in years though.

I remember trying this a long time ago in one of those LAN cafes where a few of my friends used to have birthday parties and play Counter Strike.

I thought it tasted pretty good but the relentlessly annoying teasing I got for "drinking balls" put me off.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
According to racists on the internetz, buying Arizona Watermelon is only ever done if your planning to make Purple Drink, if your black at least.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Is DACUS performed by Dash > c-stick down > c-stick up + z? I keep on getting a dash attack.
Personally, I claw and input dash -> C-stick down+right (the direction doesn't matter but that works for me) -> up (on control stick) + A. I heard that some people used to use C-stick up to DACUS in Brawl, but I think the timing is too strict to rely on that anymore.

| Kailex |

NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Mine: Dash> c-stick forward> up on the controll stick + z (basically everyone is somewhat the same, maybe)

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Personally, I claw and input dash -> C-stick down+right (the direction doesn't matter but that works for me) -> up (on control stick) + A. I heard that some people used to use C-stick up to DACUS in Brawl, but I think the timing is too strict to rely on that anymore.
Wow I still can't do it. I suck.

Pseudomaniac

Smash Journeyman
Is DACUS performed by Dash > c-stick down > c-stick up + z? I keep on getting a dash attack.
That's how I do it and it works. The trick, to me anyway, is that there's a very, very slight delay between mashing the c-stick and the usmash.

Dubforce

Smash Sidius
Hey guys. Haven't been around in a while cause I've been busy. For a few months I've had a lot of strain in my right pointer finger that gets pretty terrible while playing. I've decided to take a break from smash for a month or two (basically until the scene at my college gets back up and running for the next semester).

Also, a bit of shameless self-promotion. I finally started making my own music. I already have put out three tracks, and the latest one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtjhmjvXvrY) is really good. It took a lot of work and I'm really proud of how it came out. If you get a chance give it a listen.

Oracle

Smash Master
metroid is insane with his inputs don't listen to him lol. set a trigger to attack and go cstick down-> up+attack

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
Hey guys. Haven't been around in a while cause I've been busy. For a few months I've had a lot of strain in my right pointer finger that gets pretty terrible while playing. I've decided to take a break from smash for a month or two (basically until the scene at my college gets back up and running for the next semester).

Also, a bit of shameless self-promotion. I finally started making my own music. I already have put out three tracks, and the latest one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtjhmjvXvrY) is really good. It took a lot of work and I'm really proud of how it came out. If you get a chance give it a listen.
Your name reminds me of Dustforce, as does your music.

I like that. Keep doing cool stuff.

Dubforce

Smash Sidius
Thanks man! Really appreciate the positive feedback!

Also, I listened to the full dustforce OST probably...6 times a few months ago. Even though I only played the game for a few hours.

Maybe it had a bigger impact on me than I thought...

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Mine: Dash> c-stick forward> up on the controll stick + z (basically everyone is somewhat the same, maybe)
Interesting note; not all characters can use this method for DACUSing. Something to do with jump squat frames. Brawl Falco could, but Brawl Sheik could not. In PM, Marth can dacus, but not with cstick + z; you have to use an actual attack button (either by clawing with A or setting a trigger). Thats actually one of the reasons why I don't DACUS, I've never used claw before and I'm really inconsistent when I try it.

Bryonato

Green Hat
Yeah that's been around for awhile. I guess i thought it was common knowledge or i would've posted something about it. Sinister taught me how to do it

| Kailex |

NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Interesting note; not all characters can use this method for DACUSing. Something to do with jump squat frames. Brawl Falco could, but Brawl Sheik could not. In PM, Marth can dacus, but not with cstick + z; you have to use an actual attack button (either by clawing with A or setting a trigger). Thats actually one of the reasons why I don't DACUS, I've never used claw before and I'm really inconsistent when I try it.
Oh, thanks for the info, did'nt know these stuff; it'll help me a lot

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I do C-stick down and do this. oracle is a hater

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
cstick v^ still works, its just that the timing is more strict. i can do it one out of 430000 times with GNW/Ganon ;-;

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I do C-stick down and do this. oracle is a hater
You guys are insane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom