• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magus420

Smash Master
I also do it that way. Move my finger down from R/Z and press A with the side of it, like I would to hold Y to float with Peach and c-stick aerials with my thumb. Works fine and I get to keep all my buttons =P

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I was unaware that Z + A converts to a smash attack.

What the hell it took me nine tries to post this one sentence. When is smashboards going to be fixed

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure posts get eaten because this thread has over 2000 pages. I've never had any other thread eat a post.

Maybe that's a sign that we should retire this thread and start a new one?

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Nah it's just the do you really want to make this post check

Like do I really want to make this post?

What about now?

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Spider, I was looking for you all over the IRC earlier :( wanted to play some online, but it's a bit late here now.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I made a quick vid about DACUS, Glide Toss, Boost Item Toss, and Boost Grabs because some people had questions and such about DACUS recently.

Fastest Dash Attack is C-Stick Down. C-Stick Forward during the first 3 frames of Dash will make you F-Smash.

3 frame jumpers cannot DACUS
4 frame jumpers have a 1 frame window to input DACUS and must use Attack
5 frame jumpers have a 2 frame window to input DACUS and can use Attack or Grab
etc

Magus said:
As for why attack is better to use than grab, the boost grab window is 3 frames. The earliest boost smash can be input is frame 3 (frame 1 inputting attack to do dash attack, frame 2 releasing attack, frame 3 inputting u-smash), and ends 1 frame before the length of their jump startup attribute (you're not actually jumping; it's just what the input window variable uses). When you try to boost smash on frame 3 using grab button you'll get a boost grab instead, but using attack button you'll boost smash. Frames 4+ will work with either button. Using attack instead of grab is the only way to boost smash with 4 frame jumpers (works on frame 3 with attack), and 5 jumpers you're doubling the input window by using attack instead of grab (3-4 with attack vs 4 with grab).

Boost Grab (Dash Attack Canceled Grab) is a 2 frame window.

Glide Toss is a 4 frame window

Boost Item Toss is a 2 frame window. Must input Up and Attack or Grab on frame 3 or 4 respectively.

metroid1117

Smash Master
I made a quick vid about DACUS, Glide Toss, Boost Item Toss, and Boost Grabs because some people had questions and such about DACUS recently.

Fastest Dash Attack is C-Stick Down. C-Stick Forward during the first 3 frames of Dash will make you F-Smash.

etc

Boost Item Toss is a 2 frame window. Must input Up and Attack or Grab on frame 3 or 4 respectively.
This is amazing.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I don't ever care about fancy-pants DACUS executions, because with how I play, I have my R button set to attack at all times anyways, get wrecked nerdlords

on the other hand I'm the person who jumps with A so maybe I shouldn't be arguing here

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You use the biggest god damn button on the controller to jump?

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
y = attack
x = special
a = jump
b = grab
z = footstool
r = attack (again)

you can kinda just roll your thumb to do certain techniques w/ b moves like optimizing shines, it's gud

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
y = attack
x = special
a = jump
b = grab
z = footstool
r = attack (again)

you can kinda just roll your thumb to do certain techniques w/ b moves like optimizing shines, it's gud
I'm getting a headache trying to simulate this in my head.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Gotta get my important post in the social thread before it gets closed!... umm... uh...

Sonic sucks m i rite!?

Whew, that was close.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
This is what happens when you don't memory wipe your A.I. every few years.

I was wondering for over a month why posting was such a pain.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
y = attack
x = special
a = jump
b = grab
z = footstool
r = attack (again)

You use the biggest god damn button on the controller to jump?
I have a similar control setup that I'm trying to get accustomed to because it is genuinely better than the default, but it super hard to learn because of 12 years of playing Melee.

B Special
A Jump
X Shield
Y Attack
L Footstool
R Shield
Z Grab
C-Smash

Waveshining is as easy as doing a downward stick waggle while sliding from B to X, while SHDL is similarly a shorter thumb movement.

It isn't "Having the biggest button the controller" set to jump. It's having the button closest to all the other buttons set to the function with the most utility and that interacts most with other functions.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
DMG you fiend! I see you are trying to take a stealthy 9K approach to liking every comment. How many pages have you made it into this thread? 5?! 10?!?!??! You better watch yourself, because Im onto you...

MaxThunder

PM Support

etc

looks nice but what are the inputs?..

I KNEW IT!!!
You should just close this thread and make a new one that links to this one, imo...

@Hylian: the real reason i don't post in this thread is that every time i try it takes me a full day to do it...

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I have no problems posting in this thread >_>.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
looks nice but what are the inputs?..
Glide Toss: Roll, throw in any direction during the roll's start up to cancel the rolling animation but not the momentum it grants.

Boost Smash: Dash attack, U-smash in a frame window determined by your characters JumpSquat.

Boost Grab: Dash attack, Grab " " " " " " " " ".

Boost Throw: Dashing Item throw, Upward Item Throw " " " " " " " " ".

Oh, and if the momentum delay gets fixed, it is very possible that all of these techniques are going to be nerfed as a side effect.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Boost Smash: Dash attack, U-smash in a frame window determined by your characters JumpSquat.

Boost Grab: Dash attack, Grab " " " " " " " " ".

Boost Throw: Dashing Item throw, Upward Item Throw " " " " " " " " ".

Oh, and if the momentum delay gets fixed, it is very possible that all of these techniques are going to be nerfed as a side effect.
You're saying the Boost Throw isn't using a Dash attack?

You mean that could kill DACUS and stuff?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
DMG you fiend! I see you are trying to take a stealthy 9K approach to liking every comment. How many pages have you made it into this thread? 5?! 10?!?!??! You better watch yourself, because Im onto you...
I think I only did it to the first 2 pages of the thread LOL. You would figure the first page would be spammed by them but no, usually just my lone like + guy.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
This thread is legendary. I wish we could just use better software instead of having to close it because it's too popular.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I would only pass on like 100 posts in this thread to the future generations, the majority being Eli's, Umbreon's, and mine.

Also, I generally have trouble posting in the thread if I get here from an alert. If there's anything besides the thread number/page in the URL bar, it freaks out and drops posts so often. Happens much less if I come into the thread "cleanly". Also if a post fails, I try to add another letter at least to make it a different message when you resend. Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. The jank is strong in this thread.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dingding gets a free pass in life, his posts are already archived on 4chan and the beta SWF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom