• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
They used to have general tech things (glide tossing, AGT) videos prior to 1.0 or 2.1, but I'm sure they might consider it again around the "gold version" release.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Bacon in its current state is harder to approach through that you probably realize. If the G&W purely does Bacon, then sure you can dash under and go for a punish. But he's not committed to that and when you have to play RPS on whether he's gonna DACUS, Tilt, retreat bacon, non retreat bacon, aerials, defensive Upb, it gets really tedious if you aren't using an character who's amazing (or annoying).

The proper times to go and try to dash through/jump around Bacon, tend to be inconviently around the same time that prior Bacon would be near you. Being completely land cancelled and being able to drift in the air with the move are incredibly annoying. You guys couldn't leave that move alone after a certain point damnit.

Rarik

Smash Journeyman
judgement's numbers will actually be predictable following the 6th level taylor polynomial of y=e^(sinx)

Curse you, I almost went and got a piece of paper, then I realized you didn't give a center, define x or y (although I would guess y is number of big pieces and x is number of B presses edit: except y as number of big pieces doesn't work cause then y would range from ~1/e to ~e which makes no sense), and that it's summer so why am I doing calculus especially with pen and paper.

Edit: Im dumb and read judgment as bacon, so yeah.

Wrestlemania

The Steel Chair
Curse you, I almost went and got a piece of paper, then I realized you didn't give a center, define x or y (although I would guess y is number of big pieces and x is number of B presses), and that it's summer so why am I doing calculus especially with pen and paper.
NEEERD!

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
LOL At least this gives a 50% chance without having to solve for other numbers first, which is already the best chance you can get with the current Judgement. XD

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
On the same topic, I tried installing DIOS MIOS and even got my Melee copied onto the harddrive, but now neither launching games by disc (Expected from installing DIOS MIOS of course) nor using cfg to launch them from the harddrive work.

And then my gamecube finally died.

It's a sad day to be Bunni.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
kink are you following the SDR guide perchance? If not, go find it on their thread and use the troubleshooting section. If so, find the troubleshooting section.

RKM

Smash Cadet
It crosses out all the stages that aren't part of the random stage select list I believe.

GMaster171

Smash Ace
It strikes the stages not currently turned on in random select. If you have only the bottom row available for random, and hit y, it will strite all but the bottom row.
Ninja'd

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
On the same topic, I tried installing DIOS MIOS and even got my Melee copied onto the harddrive, but now neither launching games by disc (Expected from installing DIOS MIOS of course) nor using cfg to launch them from the harddrive work.

Well I basically just had the same problem and I wound up buying a Wii on ebay for $36, console only

Vashimus

Smash Master

But you're sad everyday.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
If the game doesn't load from CFG, it most likely means that you're just missing some kind of IOS or cIOS.

And I guess my Wii is just an anomaly for still being able to launch Gamecube games from the Disc Channel even with Dios Mios installed.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Alright I got it working through Configurable USB Loader.

This sucks, though. My Wii can't play Wii discs anymore! Gamecube discs work fine. Just no Wii discs. Balls...

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
If the game doesn't load from CFG, it most likely means that you're just missing some kind of IOS or cIOS.

And I guess my Wii is just an anomaly for still being able to launch Gamecube games from the Disc Channel even with Dios Mios installed.
I've scoured nearly everything I can find pertaining to IOS's needed for CFG, DIOS MIOS, and DIOS MIOS lite and it's no luck, as I've said before. No matter how I go load a gamecube game, it cuts to a black screen and stays there.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
yes, thats me Bitch cadet

i only entered as that because 4 months ago, i jokingly said to my friends, "one of these days i have to enter a tourney as ***** Cadet." I forgot, and my friend reminded me, so naturally i entered as such :D

Meta's wolf is something else dude, oh god

Dakpo

Smash Lord
DMG and problamo are overestimating this move. I can put 2 pieces of bacon in the air per jump. One while rising and one while falling. If you can't be quick enough to punish a rising pan with falcon or sonic, then you simply have a lack of experience. ALSO any move will beat bacon in the air. Falcons Up air does it just fine. You can literally run and upAir through the bacon and me.The local falcon player has done it a few times (although im not sure he has caught on)
Sethlon just cuts through it. I can hardly use bacon against marth at all. The big bacon should be changed to something controllable. Maybe holding B to charge it? That way I cant have a lot of pieces and a big piece. But I think your complaining because you haven't figured out how to beat the move unlike others. If Ness can deal with it then anyone can.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Alright I got it working through Configurable USB Loader.

This sucks, though. My Wii can't play Wii discs anymore! Gamecube discs work fine. Just no Wii discs. Balls...
You can always torrent the games and then use a WBFS converter to move the files on to your CFG usb. If you're downloading games you've already bought, then morally you should be fine since you've already paid for them.

metroid1117

Smash Master
I'm glad I'm watching SKTAR 2's Brawl livestream - it's reminded me why I love PM so much.

EDIT: LMAO the ending of Zero vs. ADHD was hilarious.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
You can always torrent the games and then use a WBFS converter to move the files on to your CFG usb. If you're downloading games you've already bought, then morally you should be fine since you've already paid for them.
That's probably what I'll end up doing. But I guess Project M is really the only game I play on my Wii :rotfl:

I was just surprised how easy it was to set up from CFG. All I did was set cheats to Ocarina if I remember correctly (I was pretty drunk at the time) and boom, done. GG.

It just sucks that now I can't start everything up from sitting in my chair. The USB drive that the game is on is an old external drive that you have to physically turn on. I need to get like an 8 gig thumb drive so I can just always leave it plugged in the back...

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
I've scoured nearly everything I can find pertaining to IOS's needed for CFG, DIOS MIOS, and DIOS MIOS lite and it's no luck, as I've said before. No matter how I go load a gamecube game, it cuts to a black screen and stays there.
Kinky how do you have your USB or SD setup? Because I was having the same problem until today I realized my USB wasn't formatted to FAT32 with 32KB cluster size. Also if you're not dumping your Gamecube games, you might want to run the ISO's through GCISO Compress, helps DIOS MIOS recognize it better.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Just wondering, what guide did you use?
I followed this guide through the whole CFG USB Loader install process (using r51) . Then installed DIOS MIOS with this guide that intertwines with the CFG one. Lastly when loading certain GC games I like to use this compatibility list to avoid black screens and errors.
If you're still getting errors after all this, I don't know what to say :(

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I used the GAF guides as well. Any more trouble shooting you can think of helps though. I'll try going through the motions and going through the guide word for word yet again.

I've only ever tried loading Melee, so the compatibility list isn't of much use.

Unless using DIOS MIOS and cfg to put a game from disk format to USB doesn't work. I get a "Super Smash Bros. Melee" game cover in cfg though, so it knows it's there. It just, goes to a black screen with no information about what went wrong when I go to load it.

Just did a fresh install of the latest DIOS MIOS (2.10)with the latest DIOS MIOS Compatible CFG (cfg70MODr51.dol) and still getting black screens literally as soon as I click launch for Melee. I've not had any troubles loading or copying Wii games to USB.

I also double checked this:

"I get a black screen when I try to launch games with DIOS MIOS
  • This might be a drive incompatibility. The FAT32 partition might need to be the first valid partition on the drive and be marked as Active and Primary. Marking as Active can be done in Windows via Computer Management…Disk Management. Use the Run box in the Start menu to get to Computer Management"
And confirmed that my "DM" drive ( J: ) is FAT32 with 32KB cluster, first partition, active and primary. So that isn't the culprit.

I guess Melee SDR is just a pipedream for crazy dreamers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom