• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
That's a funny survey, I might do it.
Edit: What is the survey for exactly, anyway?

Don't like MK WD OOS and he'll be fine. ;)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
SM64 speedruns would be more bearable if half of it wasn't janky game abuse. Hazy Maze Cave being a big example, or climbing the waterfall on the Mountain.

It does pale in comparison to the Wind Waker stuff though lol. If you've never seen it before, and you suddenly watch a good run, you will flip out. Probably screaming loudly, "NO! You can't... You ****in can't do that, how is this I what the **** whyyyhyhyyyhyhyyyy"

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
The janky game abuse is what's entertaining, though. Like I hear people trying to do amnesia glitchless runs and that's silly, because the weird glitches are why people speedrun it in the first place.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I disagree on that (most of the time). I'm more interested in the optimal paths if it's not buggy related. Like doing a perfect triangulations of wall jumps that most people wouldn't see or think of, or manipulating the camera while swimming/moving to prevent the loss or shift of momentum, etc. I don't like seeing "Well due to poor oversight, you can literally jump over a cavern wall and drop straight into Dorrie's Lake" or the backward Long Jumping to get through walls/around stuff. If it's really funny, like some of the Wind Waker stuff, I'm down. Do you want to see Link fly? God damn right I do.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Nausicaa, it is for part of one of my assignments in my Global Studies class.

edit: closed the survey because i've received more than 10 completed surveys. thank you to anyone who took the survey =)

I think that speedruns can be more entertaining abusing glitches depending on the game. For example, SM64 and Wind Waker are fun to watch because it is easy to see how the glitch works and how much time it would save if you were to do it glitchess. For games like Pokemon, using glitches to beat the game in under 10 mins is not as entertaining because I can't tell what happened. Although, things like Ocarina of Time Reverse Bottle Adventure are great if there is commentary to explain what is going on and why.

GMaster171

Smash Ace
Did it MonkUnit :), hope it goes well.

Meta Knight should just be put in with no damage, just set KB. Focus on gimping, setups to tornado star KO. Make him quick enough to just shove you off with his moves, then make sure you don't come back.

Up to you to decide if I am serious.

Akenero

Smash Apprentice
...set knockback would be stupid...because technically if you can DI everything he has, he can never win...and besides, why would they do that???
Takes the fun away from seeing how high you can live...
The skype arena thing is open btw, just project M is not the main usage, it's moreso a brawl group

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Smashmods looks like it's down, so I'll ask here: Is BR application (particularly for video editors/graphic designers) still in season?

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
all toohoos are terrible compared to the great glorious chinese beauty that is Meiling

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I uh, like Chinese food

That's all I can add to this wonderful discussion

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Indian food is amazing,

Also this pen is the best pen in the world, every other pen sucks compared to its comfort and ink flow

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
To this day i've not had Thai or Indian food (unless you count indian candy). Or korean food actually. I love japanese and chinese though.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Indian food is hot. Like unreasonably hot. I like spicy food but I swear they are trying to kill someone with those hot black peppers.

Thai food can be a bit hot too, but I think they have more interesting combinations of flavors as well compared to ^^^

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I just have a homemade chip place across the school I go to so I eat there forever.

I'M HEALTHY SHUT UP

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Best pens would be fountain pens that you specifically have used and worn/bent the nub to your writing style

metroid1117

Smash Master
To this day i've not had Thai or Indian food (unless you count indian candy). Or korean food actually. I love japanese and chinese though.
I don't know if you like curry, but Thai green curry is delicious.

Speaking of food... if you had to make Ivysaur into a dish, would he be a meat dish or salad?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ivysaur would be the E Coli infected jungle swamp plant that no one touches

B.W.

Smash Champion
I don't know if you like curry, but Thai green curry is delicious.

Speaking of food... if you had to make Ivysaur into a dish, would he be a meat dish or salad?
Let's be dumb and logical for a second. Ivysaur is a grass/poison type. If you were to eat Ivysaur you'd have to remove the plant pieces because they'd be poisonous, leaving you with nothing but meat, no?

D

Deleted member

Let's be dumb and logical for a second. Ivysaur is a grass/poison type. If you were to eat Ivysaur you'd have to remove the plant pieces because they'd be poisonous, leaving you with nothing but meat, no?
Let's be even dumber and even more logical for another second. Different things can be poisonous to different creatures. Maaaaybe Ivysuar is only poisonous to Pokemon and not to people, in which case chow down.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Let's be even dumber and even more logical for another second. Different things can be poisonous to different creatures. Maaaaybe Ivysuar is only poisonous to Pokemon and not to people, in which case chow down.
I am skeptical as many sources in Pokemon say that the traits of Pokemon very much apply to people as well.

Likewise, I don't think we'd want to eat the flower anyway.

Regardless, Ivysaur is probably delicious.

9bit_alt

Banned via Warnings
Does anybody have any recent videos of DDD at a tournament? Like, within the last month? Having difficulty finding any.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure I had one of those, and I might say it was my 2nd favorite: The ink flow was more than the Bic (almost too much) but there's still a unique balance with the Bic where it has control over the ink from going crazy while still easily coming out; and without that honestly there's a lot of close 2nds to that V5 like the other ones I got in my back pack. Also for some reason the blue ink Bics are never as good as the black.

Magus420

Smash Master
I don't like those Bics. Ink takes too long to dry and gets all over my hand. I've been using 0.5 black Pentel Energel pens for many years. I really like how they write and the ink on them which also dries very fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom