• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I was always grown to write quickly, because I had a teacher who would give out notes at ludicrous speeds. Like, "going through a single page in the timespan of two to three minutes" speeds.

I just type to save myself the shame, really.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I type because my hand writing is atrocious. I'm a grown ass man, and I literally will write regular words with a capital A instead of lower case, because my a's look ugly and it feels better if I don't.

He drove the cAr to thAt restAurAnt And got A hAm sAndwich

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I only hand write if its for my own personal use. I'm a csci major so pretty much all my assignments are on pc

Vashimus

Smash Master
People always compliment me on my handwriting, but really I assumed everyone wrote at least remotely legible. If the letters don't look right, I'll write over them and redo them. I got OCD like that.

Bic's Soft Feel and Papermate's Write Bros Grip are my most used pens. Eraseable pens are freaking terrible.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Buffering in the sense that you can land with an aerial and hold C-Stick + Shield to roll/spot dodge/jump is in, yeah.
That's a good kind of buffering, but it's not really a technical direct-buffer feature or anything.
Otherwise, I don't know/don't have a use. Curious too, though.

I use pencil for almost everything. Which is mostly drawing.
A couple years ago I wrote an entire story by writing a journal daily, and translating it into the adventure of a couple people discussing what they learned from the day. From July 1st to Jan 1st, all in pencil, every day.
Was pretty baller at the time... but I won't ever do that again. lol

Edit: Sveet, what do you eat? If anything?

Anyone like cooking?

Locally, we have this thing called "Matches and Batches" where we bake cookies/something like tha, usually baked goods, and play Smash between them. Bit of smash, put the next batch in the oven, play another match, etc.
It'll probably be one of the first sessions we record once our Dazzle is good to go.
That brings up another point... can you Stream with Dazzle? We probably won't in Matches and Batches, but I don't know the details of Dazzle and it would be cool if we could.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I love to eat, I need to do it less (racing with a friend to burn 20lbs).

I love rice, I love sushi. I don't like broccoli (unless its in stir fry or similar).

Also, cooking is awesome. I finally learned how to make an omelet; its not as easy as it sounds. I mean, i didn't really try before now, but still.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Also, cooking is awesome. I finally learned how to make an omelet; its not as easy as it sounds. I mean, i didn't really try before now, but still.
OMG true dat!

My bro watched a Jamie Oliver video about it, and he makes amazing omelets now. He gave me the run-down of his technique, and I tried, and I failed hard. I wasn't paying much attention (so much for being aware lol) as I was cooking many things with many friends, but step 1 (put coconut oil in first) was totally forgotten, and it went down hill from there.
In other news, I'll be making one tomorrow with another omelet-pro friend, and then we'll be making perogies, gardening, and smashing all day.
Should be a good day.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Omelettes are easy to make! As long as you aren't trying to cook it too fast, or forget to cook off the excess liquid egg that tends to stay on top of the egg solid, you're good to go.

You can use any oil, people generally prefer a less bold one. Coconut oil can be good if it's light, probably works better than olive oil or peanut. Butter is the failsafe option if you're lazy lol

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
That excess liquid... I totally put the coconut oil in after and tried to mix it under or something, somehow.
It just turned into a puddle of oil on top, and the pot was caked with hardened egg, so hard to wash.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah that's a no go lol. That excess egg needs to get cooked, so you generally either break the egg solid near the middle (when it's sorta inbetween solid and liquid, and can keep reforming just fine) or you lift the sides with a fork or thinner spatula and lift the pan to guide it under. It won't fully cook if you fail to do one of those things and will improperly cook if you just think flipping it to solve the problem will work lol. You'll end up with a mushy and almost slimy omelette.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Yeah DMG got the secret. Honestly, I barely even had scrambled eggs; i often prefer over easy if i have them at all. I'm happy to say I didn't learn from anyone else, i just tried a few different things and by my ~3rd time I got to basically what DMG said.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Oh, also, my bro uses a pot, not a pan.
It's messed up, but works amazingly well. A small pot holds it in a nice shape, is easy to manage in there, and keeps it thick and fluffy. No idea how he folds it so well though. It's a pot, like wtf.

Edit: Scrambled eggs and a certain salad dressing from a local place is one of my favorite dishes. So simple, so delicious.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Again, butter is always the easy option for Omelettes. You can't go wrong with it: too much butter won't ruin an Omelette nearly as much as too much oil can. It's a good choice. I like the idea of coconut oil, haven't tried it but I could imagine a light and sweet addition being good.

Thicker omelettes are easier to turn and flip without tearing. If you do it in a pot or a smaller diameter pan, you can literally "flip" the pot on it's side if the pot was prepared for no stick, and the egg will just flip over from the higher side near perfect. The downside is that filling the omelette is much harder. Meat and veggies are gonna be hard to put in an omelette like that.

Translucent

Smash Journeyman
Coconut oil is super healthy if you buy a good one and really easy to use. I hate the taste of coconut but I like it because I can't taste any coconut traces.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
I have a coconut in my fridge right now. Don't really know what I'm gonna use it for.
We made this...
http://boards.epicurious.com/thread.jspa?threadID=285950

It didn't use much of the coconut... now what do I do? haha

Eggs and a good Salad dressing (not a ranch or fruity kind, something more garlic-tangy is better) is the best combo ever. Some good cheese on top, with some spices... good food.
Getting 4 dozen eggs tomorrow, 3 are going into perogies. The rest... omelets.
Perogies and Knees... Omelets and Pivots... doesn't have the same ring to it.

Edit: Is there one of these for Smash? That would make a lot more sense when it comes to people making 'tier-lists' in this game.
http://www.mmcafe.com/tiermaker/

Oro?!

Smash Hero
What kind of Dazzle do you have? Also what streaming program were you looking into using? XSplit is most likely the best free or trial version streaming program, however, XSplit doesn't like Dazzles and can't pick up audio from Dazzles. There are a few solutions to this though. You can either set up an external microphone and use that for game audio coming from the TV and whoever is talking, you could download Virtual Audio Cable and have the sound from the Dazzle get filtered through VAC and then sent to XSplit, or download AmarecTV and use it to record locally and then tell XSplit to capture what's happening in AmarecTV.

VAC didn't really work for me so I used Amarec. There are tutorials how to set up both floating around the internet though, so it isn't a big deal to set up either.

In regards to cooking, I freaking love it. I tried making homemade pasta last week... that is really really hard. >_>

B.W.

Smash Champion
I use Virtualdub and Xsplit.

It's super easy to set up, though not entirely obvious. If you try this route and can't figure out how to make it work just PM me or something and I'll tell you how to set it up.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Have you tried ffsplit? I've had no problems with it so far, though the interface is a little more convoluted (but you don't have to login or anything to use it, and its 100% free)

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
The Melee NCR videos are up on iPlayWinner's channel but I don't want to start a thread because I'll have to manage everything.

Anyone else wanna give it a go?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
lol, so much cooking talk. Yo here's the secret to eggs. Just scramble them up with cheese, some diced onions and chopped bacon/ham, and you're freaking golden.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I haven't had any problems with it or noticed, but it does lack the option to control the audio file format (i believe xsplit had this). Also, max auidio bit rate is 256 kbps, which is like a standard music mp3 quality. I wouldn't use it for recording your band's music video, but for showing off video games it should be alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom