• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
^That's harsh.
The thing gives you life, energy, the food you eat even. How is it your enemy?
Or is this a trolly 'I'm a nerd in the basement' statement?
And why did my troll post get quoted TWICE? When my posts that have ANY value (at all) are skimmed over?
Crazy people and their durgs...

Edit: Dazzle? Does it work on 2 computers if you purchased only 1?

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Using it on different comps is what I was looking for, thanks.

Does anyone play the Magic the Gathering : Zendikar/M10 series anymore?
I beat a Western Canadian defending champ with a Kor + Artifact deck. Just a friendly game, and only 1 of like 5 we played... but get at me! (#1) It's the only serires of MtG I ever played though. Fun game... too many cards to acquire to keep up. :/

Kink... I got sun-burn on my shoulders from working in the garden periodically over the course of the day.
Get at me. (#2)

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I play Modern Magic. People get mad at taking 10 infect damage on turn 3 but it's like, just burn the creatures or utilize the stack or use any of the protection cards after I buff them up. Or run a faster aggro or ANY of the other oodles of way to avoid what isn't even a legit deck.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'm not gonna play a game, to draw for victory.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I played MTG during the ZEN/WW/ROE block, got top 8 at a fairly competitive card shop over and over losing to boring Jund decks. stopped after Scars came out because money.
It's like Yu-Gi-Oh but you have to remake your deck every year instead of just updating it, and I quit that because money too. <_< I was also really annoyed with the swiss -> single-elim format of them, since I'd always beat everyone I played in the swiss rotation and then lose round 1 of top 8. ********.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Cy Cube you mean GC? Or what?
The Zen/WW/RoE/M10 block(s) were the best I'd seen, and that's kind of why I got into it. After that, the next block didn't look appealing so I stuck with it/left it like that.
Fun game.
What's a good site/link for checking out all the blocks/what's going on now?

Mithost

Smash Ace
Locked in a safe floating in the Atlantic Ocean.
The current block is the RTR/GTC/DGM block, also known by just the RTR block. DGM came out... yesterday.

I started playing paperback at the start of the RTR block, and I can already see how much money I might need to put in to stay competitive. I'm trying to keep the small scene we have in our group of friends a casual one, but when one friend buys a 50 dollars worth of singles online a month and complains that I'm not going to the friday midnight draft event, it gets really annoying. I buy a few boosters every once and a while for the fun of opening them, but I really dislike being beaten by some ridiculously priced deck that I couldn't have beaten if I picked my opening hand.

I'll keep playing magic, but putting more than 10 bucks a month into it and having 90% of my collection deemed worthless whenever a set rotates out is something I'm not looking forward to.

Edit: On an unrelated note, does anyone have a really cool nintendo/brawl/classic game medley of some sort? I want something really epic for final destination, where the themes really pierce through the ruckus of the fight.

Vashimus

Smash Master
On an unrelated note, does anyone have a really cool nintendo/brawl/classic game medley of some sort? I want something really epic for final destination, where the themes really pierce through the ruckus of the fight.
Ask JCaesar. His music pack has a lot of medleys and it's one I always use. He probably has what you're looking for.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Edit: On an unrelated note, does anyone have a really cool nintendo/brawl/classic game medley of some sort? I want something really epic for final destination, where the themes really pierce through the ruckus of the fight.
There appear to be no good game medleys on the internet lol. Everything has no transitions and is just a hodgepodge of 2 or 3 lines from each game song interspersed. I'll keep looking for an epic orchestral medley once I get back from a trip to Hobby Lobby and Sam's Club.

After hearing a few minutes of this one it seems fairly well edited for being sourced from different orchestras.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8hM6nuourE

If you wanted I could take a crack at making this into a giant ass looped brstm

IhaveSonar

Smash Journeyman
Quick question: Does L-cancelling still function even if L is set to something other than shield? I currently have it set to utaunt for easier knees of justice.

MVP

Smash Ace
Quick question:

Just curious here, (been a month since the turbo announcement), how's everything in the PMBR? anything new?

leelue

Smash Lord
Bamesy
A cube is a collection of cards, usually singletons, in a box. You gather 1 or more people to draft out of that box with you. Many cubes use all of the best cards of all time (outside of many niche cards). My cube is only the best commons and uncommons of all time (with exceptions), which makes for a much more natural game feel. But you still get that feeling of "Bloodbraid elf and rancor in the same deck vs Mulldrifter and Crystal shard".

That video makes ZSS look like a character better than not viable.

ALSO
Bamesy if you're a guy into flavor and visceral stuff the last block, Innistrad block, was outstanding in that regard. 9.9999/10 as far as accomplishing what they set out to do: horror. I mean look at this **** right here
http://magiccards.info/isd/en/125.html
or
http://magiccards.info/dka/en/59.html
or
http://magiccards.info/isd/en/116.html
or
http://magiccards.info/isd/en/14.html
or
http://magiccards.info/isd/en/92.html

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Only better followups because DK can get a grab out of it. Strictly speaking, it's harder to escape ZSS Side B because there's no DI to get away from her. Plus you can use Side B in the air, and catch airborne people with it.

DK Down B real good though. What did Oracle call it, "DK's version of cheesy: Dthrow to Down B"?

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Rise of the Eldrazi was coming out when I ditched lol.
Gave an epic Eldrazi card to a friend to keep somewhere before the block was released... Wonder what ever happened to it.
I'm gonna browse through our collections of cards sometime, miss the old decks.

I remember when 2.1 came out, and I started pillaring a local Melee Falco with DK using Cargo-Up-Throw > Dair, over and over, shoving it in his face with glee.
Poor guy, he had it coming!

Stupidfalcomurmur

I find it odd that ZSS players still shoot lasers...
He Power-Shielded a few there, and the rest he missed didn't amount to much. It's only a matter of time before they're obsolete. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom