• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
And slow as balls for free Power-Shielding in the neutral game, even juicier when she's approaching! :D

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Her B shots alone aren't that great, but being able to dash cancel out of it is very solid. She can partially outrun the slower shots as well.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Won my 2nd tournament, psyched about that ****

Just gonna say 2 things, anyone having trouble against Fox and Falco, pick up Zelda or DK, and Link isn't as good as I thought he was :/

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Won my 2nd tournament, psyched about that ****

Just gonna say 2 things, anyone having trouble against Fox and Falco, pick up Zelda or DK, and Link isn't as good as I thought he was :/
That's a somewhat terrible suggestion. DK is awful vs Falco and imo is hard to play against Fox. You *have* to be a great DK for that to look anything fun. You can't just second DK and walk up like you own the place.

Zelda will have trouble catching Fox and can't even afford to reflect his lasers at mid+ range. Zelda vs Falco maybe, but again that's basically some cheesy **** where you stand there and try to beat his approach with Smash Tilt B button. If you have the patience and reflexes to do that, go ahead play her. Some Zelda player might be offended by that part, but lets be honest that's what your character is all about. It's not like you're *actually* approaching a Spacie now are you?

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
If you're having trouble with Fox/Falco, play better.
OOOOOOOHHHHHH!!!!!

I've described this before but I'll do it again, because it's hilarious and has stuck with me in a beneficial way.

My first stock (ever) against a ZSS, I was Zard.
She did a charged shot at 0% (first thing I ever SAW from a ZSS), I PS'd it and combo'd her out of a Stun > D-Smash. (good start for the lasers)
The final hit of that stock, was an UNcharged laser > Dash toward me.
At the same time, I Dashed up > PS'd the laser > Up-B'd OOS (she was gonna grab but it's too slow) and killed her off the side.
She probably hit me with a laser somewhere in that stock otherwise, but given how much it worked against her, lasers sucked in that stock.
It's been consistent like this since, every stock of every game, and when I play ZSS, there's almost never a blaster shot in the neutral game. I'm sticking with this approach to the character. lol

Blaster is too slow, not just the projectile, the start-up and linear application of it within that 'fire > dash' window (Edit: You can even just Dash toward her anytime she SH's (such a slow SH). If she Side-B's or aerials, you're safe with spacing and a WD out, if not, she's likely going Blaster and it's easy to react to, free hit for YOU, and your Grab will just go through her start-up/the shot itself anyway)
Just DD, wait for it, and approach her. It's easy to get more often than not, even at this point, let alone when the meta-game advances to some decent extent.
In other times, outside the neutral game, yeah it's good. Free grabs for DK if not.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
If the ZSS player is only dashing towards you when he/she uses his/her blaster, there is something wrong with the player (not the character).
She doesn't have to Dash towards you, I was just using that as an example of the fact you can STILL PS it, even if she tries 'out-running' it.
It's easy to deal with when it's at a distance and she isn't following it up. Hence I thought my comment was more describing the 'most tricky' PSing scenario. lol

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
What if she shields out of that dash, and PS's it back to you?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
CHARIZARD, USE JAB!
*Charizard nods*

Said every Charizard player ever

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
That's a somewhat terrible suggestion. DK is awful vs Falco and imo is hard to play against Fox. You *have* to be a great DK for that to look anything fun. You can't just second DK and walk up like you own the place.

Zelda will have trouble catching Fox and can't even afford to reflect his lasers at mid+ range. Zelda vs Falco maybe, but again that's basically some cheesy **** where you stand there and try to beat his approach with Smash Tilt B button. If you have the patience and reflexes to do that, go ahead play her. Some Zelda player might be offended by that part, but lets be honest that's what your character is all about. It's not like you're *actually* approaching a Spacie now are you?
...have you ever played a good DK? Do you play Falco? Try telling that to Shaun#s, his DK wrecks Falco, it's not just luck, he consistently beats Falco players with DK

I don't play DK btw lol

That's assuming a Fox is going to be running away, which he won't because it would give me time to lay fireballs all over the place for a trap, I won against MDZ's Fox and some Melee players Fox(can't remember his name but he was really good) approaching with a SH Nayru works very well against a Fox shooting lazers, that land cancel makes her approach very safe

Why would you try to beat his approach? I found the best method to avoid Falco and wait for him to approach, and I'd switch it up by going really offensive, approaching with a SH Nayru at close range

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Have your buddy play, say Yakal, in that MU. Pew Pew Pew. It's not a good MU for DK, good for him if he beats Falco players a lot, MU isn't great.

Why would Fox be scared of Fireballs? You set them up for what? Your SH B approach? Doing fireballs basically gets you pelted with lasers, assuming a non tiny stage at least. You guys are a little too fascinated with that move I think...

(For Falco vs Zelda that's what I meant. You sit there and wait for his approach and try to beat it. He goes for a Dair, you stick out a smash or B beforehand, etc)

I also am generally not that impressed with Zelda (Negative nancy #1), and she's very hit or miss. You either wall someone out very effectively, or you flop vs their character and try not to get wrecked with some combination of *lucky* B, Smash Up/Side, and Tilt. She's not very flexible in changing her gameplan, either working really well because Luigi just hates her range, or working really bad because Sheik is all up in her grillz.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
That's a gross exaggeration. It would take much longer than that assuming Fox isn't on the ground shooting it and assuming she's dodging/maybe reflecting a few back. It would be a long process, but Zelda isn't an approach master. Most of her approaches get baited out movement wise pretty well, maybe you get caught by the quick Fair if you underestimate the reach but she doesn't fly at your shield and totally dominate your life. From what it sounds like though, her B is the lame little glue preventing her from being mowed down and near worthless upclose in pressure.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
when the **** is orpheon gonna get fixed so people stop complaining about it

and by fixed i mean the elevator, the flip is fine, only a jackass would get killed by it anyways (in tournament setting, in everything else, its hilarious)

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I'm fairly confident that Fox could spend just 10 seconds of lasering total to get Zelda deep into U-smash/anything else kill range.
I believe Zelda has her own unique tools to deal with it just as much as other character's, and it's probably just SSE Jungle and Rumble Falls that make this an issue along with the low ceilings for Up-smash absurd low %s that apply to everyone; but idk

Kati

Smash Lord
I offered a fixed versions months ago... Another has been on brawlvault for close to a year now. I doubt the stage will be accepted even as a fixed version.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
They had that same kind of thought with MK

Look what he was turned into

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Have your buddy play, say Yakal, in that MU. Pew Pew Pew. It's not a good MU for DK, good for him if he beats Falco players a lot, MU isn't great.
dk vs falco isn't that bad. falco's favor but not by much, 60-40 at worst. dk can do it

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Pew Pew does not recognize numbers, only ****

The mario walljump thing is fine. Ike had his glory, now it's the season of Mario

Wolf should be able to shoot a laser towards a wall, then if that laser hits the wall he can choose to teleport and walljump off that spot and recover.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
They use intergalactic furry technology, not magic.. except for FireFox which for all I know is DBZ Kaioken magic.. I guess a teleporting laser would be okay

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
People really exaggerate how good Falco is at camping. o_O His lasers are unsafe at close range and DK is pretty fast.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Pew Pew does not recognize numbers, only ****

The mario walljump thing is fine. Ike had his glory, now it's the season of Mario

Wolf should be able to shoot a laser towards a wall, then if that laser hits the wall he can choose to teleport and walljump off that spot and recover.
Link should be able to shoot arrows into the wall and use them as steps to climb on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom